Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If you wish to have such a precise prediction then I'll go for 6th, because it may well take so many new players a while to gel and in some cases adapt to the Prem.

Corluka has played in the DM position many times.

Where do you predict MUFC will finish? My guess is 3rd behind Chelsea and Liverpool, because:

* Chelsea look strong this season

* Whilst Berbatov is clearly a great new asset, I have a feeling that Ronaldo won't perform to anything like same levels as last season (his mind elsewhere perhaps?)

* Your several ageing players become more and more of an issue and I'm not convinced that the newer replacements will make the step up as much as needed.
That was always going to be the case, but finishing 6th with so many players would still be an achievement. Any hopes for the cup competitions?

Well most of our fans were predicting we'll finish 2nd, and I don't want to sound overly optimistic but, we were favourites in my mind right from the start. I think we'll finish 1st. Chelsea will put up a good fight right through the season though, which just adds to the excitement.

I think our four new signings will all improve on their first seasons, seems reasonable to expect imo, and 3 of the four have shown that they are ready to step it up from the end of the season and the start of this one.

Chelsea do look strong. Very strong. I think we have the better team though, and the better manager.

I don't expect Ronaldo to score anywhere near as many goals as he did this season, but him just playing creates a threat in itself because of his instinct to get into the right positions and his pace, while he still has the capability of creating something out of nothing. The few months out should help him get his head straight too, he said he's really missed playing football and I think he'll come back more then up for it.

Scholes has still got plenty left in him, Giggs was already being phased out but I still expect him to make a good few noteworthy performances. Brown is well on his way to replacing Neville imo.

By the way, have you watched Liverpool recently? Awful, awful team with a manager who beggars belief far too often.

Fergies Formula

If you wish to have such a precise prediction then I'll go for 6th, because it may well take so many new players a while to gel and in some cases adapt to the Prem.

Where do you predict MUFC will finish? My guess is 3rd behind Chelsea and Liverpool, because:

* Whilst Berbatov is clearly a great new asset, I have a feeling that Ronaldo won't perform to anything like same levels as last season (his mind elsewhere perhaps?)

* Your several ageing players become more and more of an issue and I'm not convinced that the newer replacements will make the step up as much as needed.
:lol::lol::lol: you shudda stayed away! liverpool ahead of us:lol:

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Holy crap. Of all the spastics on the Caf Glaston Spur truly is the greatest of em all.

Alex

Glaston where do you thinks Spurs will finish midtable like usual

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
At least now this transfer is done we can stop talking about Spurs and concentrate on clubs which are relevant to our likely success.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Because someone dares to suggest that the "biggest club in the world" won't win the league this time and will slip to 3rd place?

Instead of tossing out childish insults it would be more interesting if you put forward the case as to why what I've predicted is so apparently impossible.

kietotheworld

Because someone dares to suggest that the "biggest club in the world" won't win the league this time and will slip to 3rd place?

Instead of tossing out childish insults it would be more interesting if you put forward the case as to why what I've predicted is so apparently impossible.
Have you watched Liverpool this season?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Liverpool were no where near close to us last season. They have not improved enough to overtake us. Nothing controversial in predicting Chelsea finishing ahead of us.

Bape

Predicting Chelsea will finish above us is fair enough, considering most people/pundits et al seem to be putting them as favourites this year already. But Liverpool? You having a laugh? Your prediction is based on nothingness and is simply a wild guess. It would had been more plausible if you went for Arsenal instead (not like you would, though) :wenger:

The Wizard

I'm sure there are endless excuses you can invent to bolster your flimsy claim that Spurs don't attract excellent players.

And I guess that Modric, Woodgate, Hutton, Gomes, Bentley etc are all mediocre in your blinkered and biased eyes.
Excellent, not world class, and my point IS that they can't attract players from the big 4, if those players aren't basically unwanted or squad players. If any of the players you mentioned turn out to be world calss in the next few years, they will also leave Spurs, as have all other greats in recent decades from Hoddle through Gazza to Berbatov. Now do you understand my point, or do I need to further clarify it? Got it?

**** Spurs ARE a midtable club *****

I might as well ask how long before Ronaldo leaves? Next summer wouldn't be a bad guess. What do you think?
You should finish the sentance I asked, and not cut it to suit you... "how long is it before they leave to FURTHER their careers". Not that you are a little dim or anything, but did you notice that Manchester United are currently the champions of europe and premier league chanpions. So, I'll ask you to explain to me HOW Ronaldo can further his career by joinng Madrid? Other than gaining a bucket load of money? Whereas Berbatov has a genuine chance of winning important comptitions just as Ronaldo did last year and the year before that.

You said that Spurs had sold their "only two good forwards". Which clearly implies that Bent and Pavyluchenko are not good.
I don't remember Pavyluchenko being at Spurs before last week or was he secretly hiding all last season? Or do you mean they were gonna buy him and sell him 24 hours later?

Bent... hehe, I think it's your own supporters that feel he is useless, don't think your mamager is a big fan either. He's not good enough for Manchester United, that much I do know. You don't have any other options at the moment, so yeah he'll have to do 'for you'. Can't be good when you hear Spurs were talking about selling him to the mighty Sunderland durning the summer.

If there is anyone here biased and blinkered it's you.

Partizan

Cheesy
We survived being bankrupt,we survived German bomb

It will be very close between ourselves and Chelsea, I find it impossible to call ATM, but Liverpool to finish above us? really what do you expect but derision when posting that. ( I suspect you're on a wind up.)

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That was always going to be the case, but finishing 6th with so many players would still be an achievement. Any hopes for the cup competitions?
Of course. Spurs stand as good a chance as anyone of winning a cup.

By the way, have you watched Liverpool recently? Awful, awful team with a manager who beggars belief far too often.
Well, they still usually manage to grind out results even when playing badly. 7 points from the first 3 games (two of them away) is a very decent start.

They concede very few goals and soon or later Keane will start to click more than so far, especially if Rafa stops playing him out of position.

And I honestly can't say that Man. United have looked that impressive so far either.

Brwned

Of course. Spurs stand as good a chance as anyone of winning a cup.

Well, they still usually manage to grind out results even when playing badly. 7 points from the first 3 games (two of them away) is a very decent start.

They concede very few goals and soon or later Keane will start to click more than so far, especially if Rafa stops playing him out of position.

And I honestly can't say that Man. United have looked that impressive so far either.
We've grinded out results while not playing well, just like Liverpool

We concede very few goals and I can bet that Berbatov will click sooner than Keane.

Nor have Liverpool.

So basically the only reason you said Liverpool is to wind up the lads here a bit. Epic fail there.

We also have had plenty of injuries, Liverpool have had very few.

Brwned

This is the Berbatov thread, not the Spurs thread. :nono:
He's a former Spurs player, and now that the whole transfer deal's done there won't be much to talk about until he plays his first game or is about to, then the excitement will kick in for a few people I'd say.

Unless you have any ideas for something new and original to talk about Berbatov? Because most of it was talked about in the past few months, there should be some deviation from the main topic allowed every once in a while.

lao

It will be very close between ourselves and Chelsea, I find it impossible to call ATM, but Liverpool to finish above us? really what do you expect but derision when posting that. ( I suspect you're on a wind up.)
I've tried that a few times as well, but I always find myself having to walk down to it.

Brwned

League table doesn't lie... and they've probably got weaker since last season.
Yeah I'd agree with that. But you have to make a judgement over the last 4 or 5 seasons, not just last season. From that it seems fair to call them a top 7 team.

lao

So you think that Anderson, Nani, Fletcher, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Manucho, Foster and Evans etc. won't develop, while the descent of Giggs, Scholes and Neville will ruin us? For your information, our starting eleven could well be better without any of them at the moment.

Van der Sar
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Anderson/Hargreaves Nani
Rooney Tevez/Berbatov

With the exception of Van der Sar, no player is above 29 years old.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Excellent, not world class, and my point IS that they can't attract players from the big 4, if those players aren't basically unwanted or squad players.
That wasn't your original (and flimsy) point, but I'll answer it regardless: players at the current top 4 play in the CL, so it's hardly surprising that they won't generally leave for a club that's not in the CL is it? All you've done is state is the obvious - and it applies to all clubs outside of the CL, not just Spurs.

**** Spurs ARE a midtable club *****
Seeing as we've finished 5th in 2 out of the last 3 years, that's debateable.

... I'll ask you to explain to me HOW Ronaldo can further his career by joinng Madrid?
You'd be better off asking him, since he clearly wants to join them.

Bent... ... You don't have any other options at the moment, so yeah he'll have to do 'for you'. Can't be good when you hear Spurs were talking about selling him to the mighty Sunderland durning the summer.
And he'll do very well I expect, just as he's done in all his previous seasons in the Prem when playing regularly.

Spurs were never interested in selling Bent this summer - it's silly for you to believe everything you read in the papers.

PS. Pavyluchenko is another option, as is Campbell.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

What is it with men and feelings? You hear it all the bloody time. Who are the several aging players?

Vds
Gary neville
Paul scholes
Ryan giggs

Rio's 29 but defenders can play on till their mid thirties. I wouldn't class him as an aging player exactly so who are the others?

We got rid of saha 30 and silvestre 31. No one else is over 30

We've replaced neville with brown and scholes with Anderson and probably others and giggs with park and nani and vds has pig and foster as back up

We might very well finish second, we might finish top but we certainly won't finish below liverpool and Ronaldo will do good things, no question

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Aging players? Liverpool?:lol: Are you for real? Liverpool are not even as good as your hated rivals Arsenal for them to even have a chance of finishing ahead of us

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Spurs are gonna progress feck all until they buy a high class defensive midfielder. Hell, even Hull and Stoke could boss around against a midfield containing Jenas and Modric.

It's not gonna help them either by selling their two 20 goals a season strikers.

ThatOldRedMagic

At just short of 19,000 posts it does look as though this thread will fall some way short of the Ronaldo thread in terms of total posts. It has, however, already had more page views (1,653,317 at this moment) but interestingly, from a 'History of the Caf' perspective, it has thrown up no fewer than four posters with over 500 posts. This must, surely, be a record.

In the Ronaldo thread, Bahama had not far short of 1,500 posts, but the only other poster with more than 500 was myself, with, I think, around 650.

So here are the top five, revealed in all their muppetry! (with Brwned included to show the gap between the '500+' club and the remainder).

BahamaRed 877
Pogue Mahone 582
Alex 528
bbest 526
Brwned 388

Well done guys!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think Spurs will be fighting the relegation with West Brom. Honestly, I don't expect them to gather many points after what I've seen so far.

* The rest of the league looks extremely strong

* They finished in bottom half last season with BETTER squad

* Too many foreign players who don't speak English

* UEFA Cup will prove to be too tiresome for them

Status
Not open for further replies.