Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am more pissed about Mendy tbh. He would have came and stopped our defense from shaking. Its sad that we sent him away.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
James is not a winger.
Silva isn't an out and out winger either, he is in mould of a no 10 who shifts inside at every opportunity. We have enough of these makeshift number 10s who we deploy out on wing (Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan) We are much better suited to signing a natural wide player.

Only way it would've made sense for us to sign Silva was if Mourinho wanted him as his 10 but he clearly doesn't since we are pursuing Griezmann (with James being a backup option for 10 role if we fail to sign Griezmann). I never said James is a better winger, he is a better player.

AXVnee7

Hopefully we get Griezmann soon to calm the nerves around here. People will see other clubs doing their business and begin panicking, but Ed will be working around the clock to get the deals done. We have a shaky past with transfer recently, but since Jose has come it appears to have stabilised. However, because work happens behind the scenes people don't appreciate this.

Mourinho said he gave Woodward his list 2 months ago, so if Silva was one of the targets then we'd already have expressed interest in him. Even if recent developments with City are to be believed, if we genuinely want Silva I'm sure at this point we're trying our best.

prtk0811

Phew! I thought he was the only player out there
Are we in for dembele than or bale or isco or willian or neymar? or we spend 140 m euros on mbappe? We should blow everyone out of the water sticking their nose in our buisness and doing a negetive campaign on our style.

red_john

haha i think some of these posts are for a laugh..i hope so :/

Iv watch this guy several times now and yes he is technically very good but he is very weak and goes missing towards the end of games because of his stamina. I don't think he is Jose's type of player. Before you all start throwing the toys out of the pram lets wait and see who we get.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I am more pissed about Mendy tbh. He would have came and stopped our defense from shaking. Its sad that we sent him away.
That's 120m City have spent on two players.

What is for certain is that Monaco's squad is being gutted. Rumours Bakayoko is already a done deal with Chelsea, and half of Europe chasing Fabinho.

prtk0811

YEah, and we have a whole summer transfer window to get the players we need. 1 player is potentially going to City, there are still plenty of other players to go for
Its not just one player, there are not a lot of players in the market with a world class tag.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:confused:

What are you on about?

Are you okay?
No not you chatting shit. The original post I quoted about the best attack getting better. They weren't the best attack.

izec

That's 120m City have spent on two players.

What is for certain is that Monaco's squad is being gutted. Rumours Bakayoko is already a done deal with Chelsea, and half of Europe chasing Fabinho.
good news, after those 4, the rest will stay. It is inevitable

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I might as well they get all these great players while we field crap and are run like shambles.
Bye bye! don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Celestiale

Yeah sure because he is so good defensively :rolleyes:. He is worse then anyone we can field. Going forward he is great, but defensively a huge liability. Similar kind of player to Marcelo, just two steps down - both in the offense and defense.
Both tranfers won't make City a better team. Hope it continues like this

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sorry lads for the earlier post. I was really keen on seeing him in a red top and seeing him at those blue nosed feckwits just puts me off.
You need a strategy and stamina to be a star muppet. Blowing up i may isn't a good solution

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Loads of us laughed at City fans reactions when we signed Pogba last year. Now you're reacting the same way. Grow up.

prtk0811

Silva isn't an out and out winger either, he is in mould of a no 10 who shifts inside at every opportunity. We have enough of these makeshift number 10s who we deploy out on wing (Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan) We are much better suited to signing a natural wide player.

Only way it would've made sense for us to sign Silva was if Mourinho wanted him as his 10 but he clearly doesn't since we are pursuing Griezmann (with James being a backup option for 10 role if we fail to sign Griezmann). I never said James is a better winger, he is a better player.
Oh come on, We need both type of players to hold the ball better against posession based teams, Would we always like to park the bus? Or we could get bale or a isco?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I can already see it. He will score a brace and assist for 2 more goals at OT in autumn and we will all remember this black day in United history..
That is a possibility, but the real question to ask is if Silva was playing for this United side, is he the type of player who in our system would score a brace and assist two goals and for me the answer to that question is hell no.

Now ask yourself, if a fit and firing Gareth Bale was playing out wide in a counter-attacking Jose set up, could you see him grabbing braces in big games, and the answer to that is a yes.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah sure because he is so good defensively :rolleyes:. He is worse then anyone we can field. Going forward he is great, but defensively a huge liability. Similar kind of player to Marcelo, just two steps down - both in the offense and defense.
Both tranfers won't make City a better team. Hope it continues like this

Mandy would have came and he would have gave without taking. Just ask Barry Manilow

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
People love to overreact over City.

Its like this every year.
Yup, last year they were gonna walk the league with Pep in charge... Muppet season cycle in full flow.

prtk0811

People love to overreact over City.

Its like this every year.
If you dont smell the coffee ,you get left behind. As simple as that. When city already could hold the ball so well they dint need any crative player out there , its just cutting us and improving them further.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Loads of us laughed at City fans reactions when we signed Pogba last year. Now you're reacting the same way. Grow up.
Excuse me? What reaction in the same way? Most on here are disappointed we didn't get him, and the rest are saying there may be more appropriate targets.

Maybe you're the one who should stop throwing their toys out

prtk0811

Yup, last year they were gonna walk the league with Pep in charge... Muppet season cycle in full flow.
Closing the eyes to a fact is naiveity and arrogance. He has a top philosophy and he's cutting our wings.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Once we get Greizmann, who cares what City do.
Once they announce Silva, Mendy and Fabinho, I'm sure they'll turn their attention to Greizmann.

Also we need to restrict access to the transfer forum to only Caf members - we've clearly been doing the scouting for City for years now and it has to stop :lol: :mad:

GM K

Gutted. And sick to stomach. Such a magical player and the sort of player you want to light up Old Trafford. Would be underwhelming if we choose James instead.

James is not inferior to Silva. In fact, he's better on many important counts.

Goals - tick

Passes - tick

Experience - tick

Set pieces - tick

Ban

If you dont smell the coffee ,you get left behind. As simple as that. When city already could hold the ball so well they dint need any crative player out there , its just cutting us and improving them further.
It may sound crazy but I think we'll buy a player or two. Not too much time granted but at least we'll try. Just wondering how much of Silva have you seen if we don't include YouTube clips.

ash_86

Gutted he went to city, not sure how far we tried though based on Mourinho comments.

AXVnee7

Excuse me? What reaction in the same way? Most on here are disappointed we didn't get him, and the rest are saying there may be more appropriate targets.

Maybe you're the one who should stop throwing their toys out
I'm not sure about the comparison between us and City fans, but I know for sure there are plenty of overly-dramatic reactions in here. In fact I'm going through now and reading plenty.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Closing the eyes to a fact is naiveity and arrogance. He has a top philosophy and he's cutting our wings.
Who said he doesn't? Season finished two days ago, they sign one top player and this place goes crazy. Point was we have becoming a dramatic bunch. I have faith Jose knows exactly what we need, and he's not too bad either by the way.

ottosec

This transfer makes sense. It will be the same with James, he will sign for some club with a similar approach as City, we simply don't need these type of players.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Now ask yourself, if a fit and firing Gareth Bale was playing out wide in a counter-attacking Jose set up, could you see him grabbing braces in big games, and the answer to that is a yes.
Hell yes. I really hope we get Bale actually. I'm not even sure if we are interested or if Bale want to move, but this would be my biggest muppet transfer this summer.
------------Striker---------------
Bale-----Griezmann------Micky

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.