Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Makes my blood boil seeing the level of players we field while City keeps stockpiling on top attacking talents like this. Ruined my weekend, can't even enjoy the cup win properly now.
Our back up keeper is better than all their keepers

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You lot are far too emotionally invested in this :houllier:

Taking this like you've been rejected by your crush.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Griezmann isn't a playmaker and Silva played on the right mostly. The part about possession is wrong as well, you're making it sound like we haven't had games where we've had a lot of possession and chances, he'd add to that, Jose doesn't go pragmatic against every team in the league. Mbappe is a striker, not really a winger.

Not that I'm losing my shit but losing out on this guy is a great loss imo, he'll be what Silva has been to them. Agree that he'll look better in their system than ours though.
Griezmann isn't just a finisher, he's far more than that and there is a reason why he and Pogba struggled to gel together for France, because it was two main men trying to fight it out for whose the boss of the French team and whenever Griezmann dropped deep to link up play, Pogba went into his shell and couldn't play his natural game. Obviously in club football and training together regularly, that dynamic would change and they can grow together and get the best out of each other but in the international football environment, either you click or you don't and you don't get much time to develop chemistry with team mates.

Silva and Griezmann wouldn't work at all in a Jose Mourinho managed side, he'd be utterly clueless at making those two work together.. I can just imagine it being so one paced, with us once again heavily reliant on Valencia making that right flank work whilst Silva, Griezmann are both in central areas just outside the box. It wouldn't be awful, but it wouldn't be successful and very easy to defend against. Mourinho doesn't have that super attacking brain where he can make gold out of players with bad chemistry, whereas give Pep possession players and he can make them all click and create a cohesive brand of attacking football. Further more, he fully commits to possession football which gives these players confidence to play their natural game no matter what whereas Mourinho lacks that patience to make it work.

Mbappe is not a pure 9 yet, he's a wing forward, support striker, 9 rolled into one at the moment and from what I saw from the Juventus game, he'd be a great wing forward with licence to roam and if he could cut inside and switch up with Griezmann as a false 9, or even the two of them up front in a diamond it would be devastating and much more penetrative than a team with Silva out wide.

prtk0811

People need to relax. Jose has his signings in mind, he knows who he wants.

Sure, its disappointing when a top talent goes to another club, especially a rival, but there are other players who we can sign who will improve us just as much
We need a mix of posession based and direct players . We lack both

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Makes my blood boil seeing the level of players we field while City keeps stockpiling on top attacking talents like this. Ruined my weekend, can't even enjoy the cup win properly now.
Nothing is ruining my cup win.

City can't sign a proper defender. Don't have a keeper and their first choice midfield includes Yaya.

I have fallen into the trap of having a meltdown in the past whenever City signed a player or went on an early season run.

I think just like last season, Jose will focus on fixing our problem areas first rather than stockpiling players.

Roll on the Summer window.

PoTMS

Unfortunate that City have got him but we'll move on to other targets, e.g. Greizmann etc. Not the end of the world we're not signing him, just a pity City fecking are!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The best attack in the league is Spurs.

By quite some margin too.
As I expected, someone chatting more shit in this thread.

Can't we just lock this? It's embarrassing.

cyberman

We are effing man united, there is no young ronaldo or rooney or carrick to dominate this league out there. We are short of creativity and wide players , and spending world record on every player is not the way. Also we need to hold the ball better against the philosophies pep and klopp are playing frankly speaking, Parking the bus is not how we want to see united play.
What is this supposed to mean? We have plenty of players who can hold onto the ball, what we need is a goal threat if anything.
We cant break world records every summer yet wouldn't signing Silva have been our second highest fee ever?
We can't spend big money on players so why didn't we spend big on Silva?
That makes no sense.

prtk0811

Glazers must have really given sir alex the money instead of doing a patch up job now after him.

Red_Beans

Think you are right. But I am not sure what sort of attacker really suits us. I am of the impression that any forward thinking attacking player is not suitable for us, because if we make them track back and defend and then judge their attacking contribution, then most attackers will struggle.

I think Mane would have been absolutely perfect for us.
A winger like Mane would be perfect. Fast, physical and direct.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Excellent. I hope that this is true. Don't think that he is top class especially for that money on position where we are covered with similiar players

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's an excellent passer and his first season for Real better than anything Silva has produced. Silva gets overrated because he's more pleasing on the eye. In terms of effectiveness give me James any day.
Thank you, Silva is obviously an amazing player but he's yet another flavor of the season who gets hugely overrated on here. James is a better player for me as well, far more productive in final third.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Some of you are embarrassing this forum. Bunch of kids.
Personally I'm blaming the weather - it's like the Sahara here right now. I've got two fans and they're just blowing hot air in my face. I'd strip but then my colleagues would probably call HR.

Cliche Guevara

This is unexpected. I'll have to add myself to the list of those disappointed. I think he's a great player and they'll enjoy watching him over the next few seasons.

Bit of a sickener.

Dembeza

Well we won't be fielding those players next season. Is it too much to wait until the end of the window and throw a proper meltdown.

Doesn't matter who City sign, I'm still enjoying the fact that we won a cup and we are back in the Champions league.

prtk0811

What is this supposed to mean? We have plenty of players who can hold onto the ball, what we need is a goal threat if anything.
Plenty of players who can hold the ball under pressure? No sir apart from mata no one can. Even Mkh has been poor against big teams in high press.

Manny

Grammar Police
Good player but not what we need right now so can everyone calm down :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well, in portugal is seen like the future top player of our national team in par with gelson martins and renato sanchez. And technichally he is better than anyone of the others. (but not has fast has them and not so powerfull has sanchez)

Like i stated earlier, he's not equal to Ronaldo but i see a figo in there.

(sorry, i cant answer anymore. still a newbie :( )
Rather have Sanches

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The funniest thing about muppet season is all the caf experts bigging up a player who would be 'perfect' for us as if they actually know anything about football.

Mourinho is hands down the best in the world at identifying a team's weakness and addressing them in the transfer window. He is better than Ferguson at squad building (as evidenced by Ferguson overusing several players instead of finding replacements ie Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs etc.)

For the first time in several years I am confident in our transfer dealings.

Ixion

Season was ok, he would possibly get into our team, yes, but he wouldn't make it better. Going forward he is not better then Mata, Micky..he is pretty similar to Lingard though, regarding work rate etc. Would not have made our team better, nor worse. Similar to Bernardo Silva. I'd rather get players that really make our team better.
Yes. Pedro is pretty similar to Lingard.

Jesus.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Griezmann isn't just a finisher, he's far more than that and there is a reason why he and Pogba struggled to gel together for France, because it was two main men trying to fight it out for whose the boss of the French team and whenever Griezmann dropped deep to link up play, Pogba went into his shell and couldn't play his natural game. Obviously in club football and training together regularly, that dynamic would change and they can grow together and get the best out of each other but in the international football environment, either you click or you don't and you don't get much time to develop chemistry with team mates.

Silva and Griezmann wouldn't work at all in a Jose Mourinho managed side, he'd be utterly clueless at making those two work together.. I can just imagine it being so one paced, with us once again heavily reliant on Valencia making that right flank work whilst Silva, Griezmann are both in central areas just outside the box. It wouldn't be awful, but it wouldn't be successful and very easy to defend against. Mourinho doesn't have that super attacking brain where he can make gold out of players with bad chemistry, whereas give Pep possession players and he can make them all click and create a cohesive brand of attacking football. Further more, he fully commits to possession football which gives these players confidence to play their natural game no matter what whereas Mourinho lacks that patience to make it work.

Mbappe is not a pure 9 yet, he's a wing forward, support striker, 9 rolled into one at the moment and from what I saw from the Juventus game, he'd be a great wing forward with licence to roam and if he could cut inside and switch up with Griezmann as a false 9, or even the two of them up front in a diamond it would be devastating and much more penetrative than a team with Silva out wide.
Griez is still not a playmaker though, mind you, he's a second striker and I wonder if he can work as a lone #9, which I doubt, hence I guess we'll go for another striker. There's no guarantee he'll gel with Pogba either, Griezmann will need a 4231 to get the best out of him, Pogba does it best in a 433 apparently, although I do see him being able to adapt to the 4231, as season went by he got better and better. I don't really understand the point that they both (Silva and Griezmann) would end up around central ideas and it would pose a problem while lines later you say that it would be cool if Mbappe roamed and cut inside, which would result in the same situation you described as a problem with Silva.

One thing Jose would probably love with Silva is that he's had some amazing stat as far as recovering possession in opposition's half is concerned. Even if a good number of it comes out of Monaco's system, it still means that he can do it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Personally I'm blaming the weather - it's like the Sahara here right now. I've got two fans and they're just blowing hot air in my face. I'd strip but then my colleagues would probably call HR.
Come to Norway, no Sahara in sight and might explain why I'm cool and collected.

prtk0811

Thank you, Silva is obviously an amazing player but he's yet another flavor of the season who gets hugely overrated on here. James is a better player for me as well, far more productive in final third.
James is not a winger.

cyberman

Plenty of players who can hold the ball under pressure? No sir apart from mata no one can. Even Mkh has been poor against big teams in high press.
Only Mata can yet he would replace Mata...
Pogba and Griezmann play very well in tight spaces, Mkhi can as well when he's on form

Ban

I can already see it. He will score a brace and assist for 2 more goals at OT in autumn and we will all remember this black day in United history..

Inigo Montoya

YEah, and we have a whole summer transfer window to get the players we need. 1 player is potentially going to City, there are still plenty of other players to go for
Phew! I thought he was the only player out there

Inigo Montoya

I can already see it. He will score a brace and assist for 2 more goals at OT in autumn and we will all remember this black day in United history..
Switch to the blue of Manchester then:smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.