Bernardo Silva - Footballer

padr81

Supports
Man City
I didn't watch you that much last season but he seemed your best player from what i did watch. I guess Rodri was getting through a lot of less eye catching work next to him.
Yeah, Bernardo is always buzzing around, I think dropping him deeper made rodri look like prime busquets. Plus his control and passing in tight defensive areas was a huge outlet for us.

No matter who replaces him it'll demand a huge tactical rejig

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
It was always mental to me that City managed to hold onto their stars for the last decade, that they managed to fend off Real and Barca etc. Now they’ve actually come in for one and I’m shocked he wants to go. City are probably the best side in Europe, Barcelona are a shambles and probably can’t even pay him. And yet you have people like him and Lewandowski burning bridges to get there.
We never put up a fight when someone wants to leave. It must be frustrating for our board, because very few of the players who leave us seem to maintain their levels outside of Pep's system, and we probably tell them it'll be the case. That said, if Sané and Torres hadn't moved on we might not have the squad we have now. Sterling and Bernardo going may similarly allow us to bring in some excellent players we wouldn't have otherwise.

Personally, I think we'll end up with a large core of English players, which has already been growing in recent years. Grealish and Foden are unlikely to decide they want to live somewhere warmer and demand a move to Barcelona.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He would be as big a loss as KDB would be to them. When one is off form the other 'carries' the team through creatively. They'd be needing Grealish to step up massively if he goes.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He would be as big a loss as KDB would be to them. When one is off form the other 'carries' the team through creatively. They'd be needing Grealish to step up massively if he goes.
I don't agree to be honest. When De Bruyne isn't fit it's mostly Gundogan who steps up with the goals and assists. Bernardo has had a few hot streaks but has never been as consistent with his attacking output as he can be.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't agree to be honest. When De Bruyne isn't fit it's mostly Gundogan who steps up with the goals and assists. Bernardo has had a few hot streaks but has never been as consistent with his attacking output as he can be.
There is more to being creative than goals and assists. He creates so much space and time for City which is crucial for your setup.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm confused, why is he a classless cnut? Of all Man City players, he's not at the top of the cnut list. What have I missed?
His attempt at humour with his black teammate. Then the guard of honour stunt he pulled when Liverpool won the league. Other City players remained classy thank goodness. The classless cnut.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm confused, why is he a classless cnut? Of all Man City players, he's not at the top of the cnut list. What have I missed?
He didn't celebrate Liverpool winning the title and has a dislike of their support since they attacked the bus he was on.

He loves the banter on twitter and they can only give it and not take it.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
He didn't celebrate Liverpool winning the title and has a dislike of their support since they attacked the bus he was on.

He loves the banter on twitter and they can only give it and not take it.
And sportwash that racism right away.

Yabba Daba Doo, Booboo.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
It was always mental to me that City managed to hold onto their stars for the last decade, that they managed to fend off Real and Barca etc.
I still can't believe that Aguero, Kompany and David Silva retire as City legends. At that time City were good, but not this great. They would have been regular starters for any team on the planet. Same with KdB who is also probably going to retire at City.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Tricky player to replace. Can't think of anyone who marries his energy, slipperiness and ability to seamlessly overload all over the attack.

padr81

Supports
Man City
And sportwash that racism right away.

Yabba Daba Doo, Booboo.
Oh right on cue, the victim king. Wanna dig up your supporters suarez posts on washing racism away?

Your support would go great with our sportwashing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I still can't believe that Aguero, Kompany and David Silva retire as City legends. At that time City were good, but not this great. They would have been regular starters for any team on the planet. Same with KdB who is also probably going to retire at City.
I think at the time the stars aligned for City. Aguero - Real had CR7, Barca Msn, Bayern Lewi and no way City would sell to English club. Barca looked at Aguero but decided it'd be easier and cheaper to go for Suarez.

For much of Silvas time, Barca has Xavi and Iniesta, Real had Kroos, Modric etc...

Kompany is a tougher one to call but I think injuries and his ability on the ball maybe kept the Spanish teams away and Bayern had Boateng and Co.

It was a case of our best players having nowhere to go that was a step up that gave guaranteed playing time weird and all as it reads.

PSG would be a step sideways and were obsessed with neymar and mbappe.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
What a player. Never thought we’d have another player even close to David Silva’s technical ability but now we have two in Bernie and Foden. I’ll miss him so much if he leaves, but I don’t think it will be this summer because we’ll demand at least £80m. And rightfully so because he’s arguably our most important player and still has three years left on his contract.

GlasgowCeltic

Kompany was a level below as a player, clearly a big a character for City but never thought of him as one of the elite defenders tbh

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Oh right on cue, the victim king. Wanna dig up your supporters suarez posts on washing racism away?

Your support would go great with our sportwashing.
Please try to stay on topic (Silva thread remember) and avoid your diversionary tactics, Fearless of the Football Thread . :lol:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
What a player. Never thought we’d have another player even close to David Silva’s technical ability but now we have two in Bernie and Foden. I’ll miss him so much if he leaves, but I don’t think it will be this summer because we’ll demand at least £80m. And rightfully so because he’s arguably our most important player and still has three years left on his contract.
It seems to entirely depend on FDJ leaving Barcelona.

It's basically now or never for Bernardo to move to Barcelona. With their current financial "strategy," its not going to be possible to sign top players next summer. They'll be way over the La Liga salary limit and I don't think even Laporta is dumb enough to pull five more palancas next summer to temporarily drive revenues high enough so that they can sign another wave of big players.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Please try to stay on topic (Silva thread remember) and avoid your diversionary tactics, Fearless of the Football Thread . :lol:
Wasn't it you that brought up sportwashing? So you went off topic but as usual you can't follow your own nonsense.

Maybe start a petition about topics if you're worried that much though? I hear it's 2nd most common skill in Liverpool after thieving.

To be honest though I'm surprised you aren't still out celebrating the quadruple, instead of worrying about Bernardo living rent free in your head.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't it you that brought up sportwashing? So you went off topic but as usual you can't follow your own nonsense.

Maybe start a petition about topics if you're worried that much though? I hear it's 2nd most common skill in Liverpool after thieving.

To be honest though I'm surprised you aren't still out celebrating the quadruple, instead of worrying about Bernardo living rent free in your head.
And boom. Just like that no one remembers Bernardo's racism. Good job Padr. :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It seems to entirely depend on FDJ leaving Barcelona.

It's basically now or never for Bernardo to move to Barcelona. With their current financial "strategy," its not going to be possible to sign top players next summer. They'll be way over the La Liga salary limit and I don't think even Laporta is dumb enough to pull five more palancas next summer to temporarily drive revenues high enough so that they can sign another wave of big players.
The latest measures in LaLiga's Financial Fair Play.

The losses derived from the covid will be computed to the income statement with a series of percentages and distributed in a total of five years: 15% the first year, 20% in the 23-24 and 24-25; and 22.5% in 25-26 and 26-27. . Until these losses are compensated, no club will be able to exceed the squad cost limit it had in the 2019-2020 season.

RVN1991

Well I would say the same, but remember the alternative if a Liverpool dominance, I don't think we really want that.
Liverpool is far more beatable than City, especially with Mane gone and some of their key players aging, you have to basically win every game to be able to finish over the version of city we've seen over the last few seasons.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Shots fired.

did you read the article? It’s classic sport bible being a windup. He’s saying that the PFA awards are nonsense as Pep didn’t win and half the team was made up of Liverpool players yet City are the team always winning the title.

TheGame

did you read the article? It’s classic sport bible being a windup. He’s saying that the PFA awards are nonsense as Pep didn’t win and half the team was made up of Liverpool players yet City are the team always winning the title.
Yep that’s what I took from it as well. The headline is misleading, I was posting for the article.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah, and well it makes perfect sense given the Liverpool love-in agenda driven media.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not wrong, really. Liverpool had three players nominated for POTY while City, a team who were better than Liverpool, had just one. Awards are silly but insofar as you're going to take them seriously, someone like Bernardo should really have been getting on that list agead of VVD. Or even ahead of our own Ronaldo, who landed there despite us being shite and his own form being patchy as hell.

Same thing with the team of the year. Six Liverpool players got on versus three City players. Imagine if Liverpool had actually been the better team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He's not wrong, really. Liverpool had three players nominated for POTY while City, a team who were better than Liverpool, had just one. Awards are silly but insofar as you're going to take them seriously, someone like Bernardo should really have been getting on that list agead of VVD. Or even ahead of our own Ronaldo, who landed there despite us being shite and his own form being patchy as hell.

Same thing with the team of the year. Six Liverpool players got on versus three City players. Imagine if Liverpool had actually been the better team.
That’s it. Imagine if they had actually won one or both of the big titles. We would literally have been reminded of this in the media every day several times for the rest of our lives.

GlasgowCeltic

Grealish seemed to be signed as a Bernardo replacement, he went straight into CM when he signed, was dreadful there though, shame Bernardo stayed and then produced some of his best football.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Is he just done with Manchester or something? Feel like someone should tell him Paris ain't no Barcelona.
PSG has taken a particular liking to Portuguese players…..

T_Model101

Have any of the oil teams actually sold a player directly to the other?
The Athletic earlier posted an article indicating he had no interest in leaving and City value him at €100M

tomaldinho1

PSG has taken a particular liking to Portuguese players…..
Hopefully one called Cristiano as well?

City’s transfer activity this season seems very much like book balancing, almost like the PL investigation is putting pressure on. Phillips is a weird signing and Jesus, Zinchenko and Silva would be important losses.

CarbonStoolBites

I know he is rated, but he may still be underrated.
Absolutely brilliant player, at this point I can’t tell which one of City’s Silvas is the better player, how did they manage to find a carbon copy like that is nuts.

Could Sancho potentially be molded into that type of player? I just don’t see it happening for him in the PL playing as a wide player. He lacks the lower gravity to hold onto the ball so effectively like the Silvas I suppose, but the technique is there, maybe needs to bulk up?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I know he is rated, but he may still be underrated.
Absolutely brilliant player, at this point I can’t tell which one of City’s Silvas is the better player, how did they manage to find a carbon copy like that is nuts.

Could Sancho potentially be molded into that type of player? I just don’t see it happening for him in the PL playing as a wide player. He lacks the lower gravity to hold onto the ball so effectively like the Silvas I suppose, but the technique is there, maybe needs to bulk up?
Thats a great question, who is better...

David Silva or Bernardo Silva?