Bernardo Silva - Footballer

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
David Silva was twice the player Bernardo is, Bernardo doesn't even start all of City's games. David Silva was undroppable.
David Silva also played for a far worse City team.

SportingCP96

Supports
Far worse? Kompany, Sterling, Aguero, KDB, Fernandinho etc? I know he joined a long time ago and was one of their first statement signings but he played with their current crop of 'legends'
Ya City have far more options and depth of talent now then during Silva time.

I am not saying your wrong, I’m not sure who was better tbh but I don’t think the fact Bernardo does not start every game is a negative in this comparison.

SportingCP96

Supports
It's not a great question. I don't know a single City fan who thinks Bernardo is even in the same stratosphere as David Silva as a player :lol:
David Silva offensively is probably better I agree, plus he is one of their first legends in their history so he has more lore to him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Similar stature and offensive skill set but I would argue Bernardo is more versatile and a better dribbler.
True but I get the impression of David playing deeper than Bernardo does now but it might just be my faulty memory.

GlasgowCeltic

Don’t know how many he scored or if his record was even all that, but can remember being surprised and impressed with how much of a goal threat for Spain David looked as a false 9

BarcaSpurs

What?

Sane Aguero Sterling

Silva
Fernandinho (in his prime)
De Bruyne (younger)

Arguably a better team.
That was the end of D Silvas time at City, the Mancini/Pellegrini teams were obviously not as good as Peps.

David was the far superior player, would run the show week in week out, Bernardo is very talented but simply not able to exert the same sort of influence on a match.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What?

Sane Aguero Sterling

Silva
Fernandinho (in his prime)
De Bruyne (younger)

Arguably a better team.
You could argue it was inferior for most of his time there.

He came there at 2010 the team you named came at the tail end of his career.

cyberman

gerardromero] on his stream “Right now, people from FC Barcelona are telling me that tonight will be beautiful. Bernardo Silva wants to leave Manchester City & join FC Barcelona. Bernardo Silva has decided to leave Manchester City, like João Cancelo! He wants to join FC Barcelona NOW.”

From reddit

BerryBerryShrew

It would leave a Jude Bellingham shaped hole in their midfield. And Foden is probably better in Bernardo's position than out wide anyway.

Castia

There’s been something off at City all season, pretty alarming if 2 of their best players both want out within a few days.

That being said I’d be amazed if they let him go.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There’s been something off at City all season, pretty alarming if 2 of their best players both want out within a few days.

That being said I’d be amazed if they let him go.
Both Portuguese, not in the best form and have both also had their minutes severely limited as well, iirc.

Off-season they had a 80m price tag on him. Unless it's a loan with an obligation to buy, i just don't see it happening - least not this late in the window.

Barca could then try to offload Raphinha or someone offseason to buy Bernardo.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
If City could not implode before playing Arsenal in the league, that’d be great.

caid

Didn't he want to leave in the summer?
He's wanted to go for a couple of years now. Citys attitude seems to be if a decent offer comes in and they have time to find a replacement they'll let him go.
Dont think either of them criteria will be filled

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why are Barcelona so committed to not being able to register as many of their players as possible?

Super Schweini

No way this is happening, just Romero looking for some relevance on deadline day. His show was a shitfest during deadline day in the summer.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bernardo's wanted to leave for 2 seasons. Pep has said he's happy to let him go if an acceptable offer comes in but it never came. Barca will either cough up or wait till his contract runs down in 2025.

Eddy_JukeZ

Personally think him and David Silva are on a similar level. Don't think David Silva is on a whole different stratosphere as said on here.

He's already performed much better in Europe for City than D.Silva has. Similar consistency in the league. David Silva's best league campaigns(2011-2012 & 2017-2018) are somewhat marred by disappointing CL campaigns individually.

Don't really see the argument that David Silva is much much better. I think David's a better passer, but they're both similarly press resistant(Bernardo probably shades him here). Bernardo's probably a better ball carrier too and even a better dribbler.