Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Its was supposed to be his school days. The trailer showed him in the school yard.

I heard about it a few years ago after I watched the series but nothing since.

Shame he died I had no idea. One of my favourite characters.

That wasn't for a spin off. Think for the DVD's or Webisodes they made some prequel's looking at kids. Bunk had one as well.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It definitely was not as good as Friends! :lol:
Friends was ok, I only saw a few Joeys (it didn't get rammed down our throats in repeats every day for 10 years) and it really didn't seem THAT bad. I remember it being better than 2 and a half men or how I met your mother (both of which I consider to be terrible and embarrassments to US viewers that they are so popular).

I

Adebesi

Friends was ok, I only saw a few Joeys (it didn't get rammed down our throats in repeats every day for 10 years) and it really didn't seem THAT bad. I remember it being better than 2 and a half men or how I met your mother (both of which I consider to be terrible and embarrassments to US viewers that they are so popular).
Friends was the last show of its type I watched, it gave me closure on a whole genre. I never had any temptation to watch 2.5 Men or HIMYM, in all honesty I couldnt even say I dont like them because I just never bothered to take a look. One exception to that (there may be more but I cant think of them if there are) was Joey which I gave a chance, but it didnt have it.
You might have a point in a way though, in that Im not sure the difference between Friends and the others is all about quality, it probably has a lot to do with timing: Friends was the right show at the right time, but if my experience is vaguely representative a generation of kids pretty much maxed out on American Sitcom chewing gum.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Mike Ehrmentraut will be in this. :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Still not sure about the potential of this.

I think Vince Gilligan could have gone with a better idea. Still, let's see the first promos.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A spin-off of hit US television programme Breaking Bad will be filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the shows are set, officials have said.
Better Call Saul will star Bob Odenkirk as lawyer Saul Goodman, a main character on the original show which ran for five series on the AMC network.
Between 75-90 locals will work on the production, the state film office said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27419432

Not a lot of new info there tbh.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Better Call Saul has debuted its first teaser trailer during AMC's Breaking Bad binge, a 9-second clip showing a younger Saul Goodman trying to talk round a client and confirming the show's February 2015 air date.

The TV spot is the first proper clip we have seen from the spin-off prequel, albeit an upsettingly short one, and was snuck into AMC's Breaking Bad marathon showing over the weekend.

"Lawyers? We're like health insurance, you hope you never need it but man oh man, not having it? No!" Saul is seen telling an unknown character in a bar, sporting a fuller head of hair than usual.

AMC previously promised that the Breaking Bad spin-off was coming in the first quarter of 2015, but this teaser confirms that February will see its arrival, with Netflix expected to follow soon after.

Season 1 will consist of 10 episodes, with a second season already having been commissioned with 13.
Hope this is good.

Count Orduck

Actually just looking, most spin off's have been shit.

The only really successful ones I can think off are;
Angel
Frasier
Joey
Melrose Place

And off them only Frasier was any good.
Angel was alright, too. Joey was terrible. Frasier was, as you say, pretty good. Also, if we're going on pure success the navy cop show NCIS is massive (spinoff from JAG), plus there's all the various CSIs and Law & Orders (if they count). And Boston Legal was brilliant, and that was a spinoff from The Practice.

Cina

First episode airs on the 8th. it's getting great reviews so far (100% on RT). Definitely looking forward to it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Don't know whether to let the first season finish before I watch.

It's bad enough having to wait between seasons, nevermind between episodes. All about binge watching.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is the whole thing Vince Gilligan's thing or is just a producer?

Castia

I think this is on UK Netflix, I wonder if they will release 1 episode a week or do the usual and release them all at once.