Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I've watched Breaking Bad. I just don't think they need no waste a quarter of an episode showing how they decided who should dig the meth lab, it's not that important.
Yes, the whole lab storyline is a complete waste of time. I don't even care if Mike is going to do something eventful down the line in the same arc. Who cares. I actively groaned when Mike showed up in the last episode. I was hoping we would get a solo Jimmy-Kim centric one.

youngrell

I don't understand the rush for some viewers to get to Jimmy becoming Saul, the Breaking Bad timeline or to ignore the backstory of Mike/Gus.

Why not just watch Breaking Bad again if that's what you want?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Interesting.

Surely the next season has to be Jimmy starting out as Saul? Not sure where else it can go from here.

I reckon Kim's bank con might come back to bite her in the ass.

Last edited:

SSSSnake

Going to watch this tonight. The Mike story has been very interesting with the build of the super lab.

Jericholyte2

Oh man I loved that episode! I keep saying to friends that, although it’s completely different to Braking Bad, I think that in some ways this is even better, and this was a perfect example!

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good finale.
- Mike storyline with the lab had a good ending but a lot of earlier lab stuff still plays out as filler for me.
- Nacho character had a very strong start to the season but then had no role to play in latter half. Think they shold just kill off that character soon.
- Still think they are misfiring with Gus' character. His scenes to me only play out as dvd extras for BB-verse. We have not gotten his extended personality or story in this show like Mike's or Saul's.
- Jimmy's storyline only really took off in the last half of the show. His first half storyline was of no significance. Once BCS ends, would anybody really remember his stint trying to sell phone on the streets? The whole arc of stealing that bavarian figure was easily the worst in the series.

Overall, this was still the weakest season out of the 4 for me. Loss of chuck is one reason, meandering pace in the first half another.

Ivor Ballokov

It's been pretty obvious since the start that something would happen that would lead to Mike killing Werner but the inevitability didn't take away from a powerful scene and the use of silhouettes was lovely.

Fantastic season, loved every minute.

GBBQ

Good finale.
- Mike storyline with the lab had a good ending but a lot of earlier lab stuff still plays out as filler for me.
- Nacho character had a very strong start to the season but then had no role to play in latter half. Think they shold just kill off that character soon.
- Still think they are misfiring with Gus' character. His scenes to me only play out as dvd extras for BB-verse. We have not gotten his extended personality or story in this show like Mike's or Saul's.
- Jimmy's storyline only really took off in the last half of the show. His first half storyline was of no significance. Once BCS ends, would anybody really remember his stint trying to sell phone on the streets? The whole arc of stealing that bavarian figure was easily the worst in the series.

Overall, this was still the weakest season out of the 4 for me. Loss of chuck is one reason, meandering pace in the first half another.
I don't know if its meant to be particularly memorable in the greater scheme of things but it does just add to his whole transformation into Saul in that he recognizes the opportunity in helping out criminals. He's now shaken off whatever sense of conscience that he had while Chuck was around and is full on crooked lawyer.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good finale , hope the next is the last season it's dragging on unnecessarily now.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Good finale.

Geez you're a tough critic. Thought this season was great. And for those whose biggest complaint about BCS is the pacing, this season picks it up tremendously.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Hate that Mike has now moved towards being the "villain" (I use that loosely) that he is in Breaking Bad.
He was for a while in BB but softened up a bit towards the end because of his relationship with Jesse, who probably reminded him of 'his boy' who died. Realistically he would have killed Walt on the spot if it weren't for Jesse softening him up, especially considering Walt ruined his chances of providing for his granddaughter. I think the whole Mike storyline is really good and it all makes sense with his character through both shows. Like intertwined.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Season five has been pushed back to 2020 due to the Breaking Bad movie taking up Gilligan's time.

Mike is going to look about 90 by the time we catch up with Breaking Bad time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's like they weren't slow with their filming to begin with. I might actualy give up by then, even with these slow seasons I couldn't remember anything from past seasons when new season started, so it will be tough to keep up without literally rewatching the entire show.