Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I thought the film would have some reference to Saul's post BB life too so it's strange to see the film is delaying the show.

Loublaze

ATLien
Season five has been pushed back to 2020 due to the Breaking Bad movie taking up Gilligan's time.

Mike is going to look about 90 by the time we catch up with Breaking Bad time.
:lol:

I can't wait for the next season, was hoping there was news about a 2019 release.

Zebs

Good to have it back!

Nice set-up episode for the season that.

I really, really want to see a post-Breaking Bad series with Gene. But I don't think we're going to get one.

decorativeed

Good to have it back!

Nice set-up episode for the season that.

I really, really want to see a post-Breaking Bad series with Gene. But I don't think we're going to get one.
Ooooh! Didn't realise it was back. Just had a little recap on the last series, as it's been so long.

Havak

Pokemon master
Great first episode to set up the rest of the season. I am just in love with this show, it's almost as good as Breaking Bad now which is the biggest compliment I can personally give it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The first few seasons were slow as feck, they've started this one well, looking forward to the rest of it.

Zebs

Episode two also a doozy. THIS DAMN SHOW! :drool:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Episode two also a doozy. THIS DAMN SHOW! :drool:
So much I held on to my hat. Really good. The only thing I don't like is to wait another week or so for the next episode, over and over. I prefer episodes to just hit the web in one big batch. Especially shows that has that slower pace, although it does look like this season will move quick.

Great first episode to set up the rest of the season. I am just in love with this show, it's almost as good as Breaking Bad now which is the biggest compliment I can personally give it.
It's better.

The slowness actually helps it focus on the characters and Jimmy's development, the first episode of S5 was great.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Good opening to the season. Not much more to say as of yet.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Fantastic episode this week. Nothing about it was particularly momentous or plot-heavy, but it was just expertly written, beautifully shot, and really convincingly performed. It went by like a god damn breeze.

Zebs

The precision with which they match things up with Breaking Bad is impeccable.

Zebs

Does it run up to Breaking Bad's start or does it run parallel or does it skip to the aftermath ?
It's still pre-Breaking Bad at the moment but it's not far behind at this stage.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Does it run up to Breaking Bad's start or does it run parallel or does it skip to the aftermath ?
Spoilers for Breaking Bad below:

So far in Better Call Saul, every season premiere and every season finale has opened with a short black and white "flash forward" that shows us what Saul has been doing since the events of Breaking Bad - living with his new identity, keeping on the look out for police, avoiding people who might recognise him, that sort of thing. According to the show's wikia, Walter White was diagnosed with cancer in September 2008 and died in September 2010. I'm not sure how fast and loose Gilligan has been playing with the timeline in Better Call Saul but the fourth season apparently ended in April 2004, so we're still quite a way off lining up with anything we've already seen in Breaking Bad. But season 4 spanned over 12 months, season 5 will likely do the same (we're only three episodes in so it's not clear yet), and if season 6 covers the same amount of time we'll likely be a year away from things lining up with Walter, Skyler, Jesse, etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I enjoy this, can't wait for another episode but to be fair nothing dramatic has happened for 5 seasons. People talk about Breaking Bad being slow, but I bet more important things for the plot happened in first season than in these 5 seasons of Better Call Saul. Not that I am complaining, but I can understand why some gave up on it long time ago.

Now I want to rewatch BB. It's actually telling how good Vince Giligan is for making this so good without it actually having some major action over these 5 seasons.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I know I keep going on about this, and I really am enjoying the show overall, but Gus and even more so Mike are really hard to take seriously with the ageing issue.

It was particularly blatant this episode with Mike having those stitches done with his shirt up.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I don't know why they didn't add him some hair or something, his head looks in bad shape since season one.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A few of my mates reckon it's better than Breaking Bad. I disagree broadly speaking, but I also think it's hard to compare them given Saul has so obviously picked up the same baton BB dropped when it finished. I'd put BB, Saul and El Camino all in the same bucket, you wouldn't want to really watch any one part without the rest (El Camino admittedly being the closest to non-essential, but if you're a fan of Gilligan's world you can't leave it out).

Has anyone dared to watch this without having seen BB first? What are you making of it if so?

Absolutely terrific episode this week. Best of the season so far, and up there with Five-O, Chicanery and Lantern as one of the best of the entire series.

The ‘settlement’ scene was simultaneously hilarious due to Saul’s ads and gripping thanks to what was essentially his betrayal of Kim (despite his trying to make out the actions were for her benefit).

And that last scene - damn. It must be said that even though we the audience empathise and like Kim, her going all in on this shows that she’s now ultimately as responsible as Saul for what will no doubt be a tragic end for her. It’s not a case of Saul dragging her down now; Kim’s pretty much on his level.

mu4c_20le

Loved the ending to the episode, when Saul finally takes off the mask and goes off on a danger style rant.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nobody watching this anymore? Last episode was brilliant.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Good episode, their lack of luck at the end :lol:

Sending Saul for money was bit over the top though. They could easily milk another two very good seasons.

Excellent episode but without much really happening to discuss.

I think I enjoy this more than Breaking Bad, to be honest. Outstanding show.
I do. Breaking Bad was more about all the different things happening. Better Call Saul is slower but better written and has much better character development.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kim's fate is closer than ever, isn't it ? :(

Last two episodes were almost the essence of good old BB.