Blaming the manager

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes Jose has made mistakes, but I am sure like us, he expected his defence to do their job longer than 30 odd seconds into a game. That is all down to the players, nobody else. Also players not being picked, there could be very good reasons why not and we are not party to them.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Yes Jose has made mistakes, but I am sure like us, he expected his defence to do their job longer than 30 odd seconds into a game. That is all down to the players, nobody else. Also players not being picked, there could be very good reasons why not and we are not party to them.
The first goal was a freak occurrence which comes off 1 in every 50 times tried and it shook us, fair enough, and the defending from smalling and blind was woeful. But why, after that had happened did we not do anything about it? Why was ibra spending half his time in midfield? Why was fellaini up front? Why we're our defenders so deep? Why did we play with no urgency and just knock the ball around a bit until we inevitably lost it? Why was Pogba playing a holding position? Why we're our wingers in defence? And most of all, if none of them things were the plan, why wasn't Jose screaming his testicles off at the touch line telling people what to do? Isn't that all he's there for and it's not like he's normally against that sort of thing.

He basically performed exactly like lvg did, but we're expected to defend him. Don't get me wrong, this is one game and in the long run might not matter that much, but I can't see how other managers got the blame for these things but it can't be joses fault too.

I think we saw a collective brain fart of players and manager. My concern is that Jose doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to fix it.

Last edited:

marlowe78

The first goal was a freak occurrence which comes off 1 in every 50 times tried and it shook us, fair enough, and the defending from smalling and blind was woeful. But why, after that had happened did we not do anything about it? Why was ibra spending half his time in midfield? Why was fellaini up front? Why we're our defenders so deep? Why did we play with no urgency and just knock the ball around a bit until we inevitably lost it? Why was Pogba playing a holding position? Why we're our wingers in defence? And most of all, if none of them things were the plan, why wasn't Jose screaming his testicles off at the touch line telling people what to do? Isn't that all he's there for and it's not like he's normally against that sort of thing.

He basically performed exactly like lvg did, but we're expected to defend him. Don't get me wrong, this is one game and in the long run might not matter that much, but I can't see how other managers got the blame for these things but it can't be joses fault too.

I think we saw a collective brain fart of players and manager. My concern is that Jose doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to fix it.
You took the words right out of my mouth. His 'performance' on the touchline took me back to LVG at the Emirates last season, the only difference was that Jose was standing.