Blatter. England are bad losers

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has described England as "bad losers" over the fall-out from the failed 2018 World Cup bid.

England secured just two of the 22 FIFA members' votes and were knocked out in the first round while Russia went on to triumph.

Bid leaders later claimed members had broken their promises to give them their backing during the ballot, but Blatter insists that is not the case.

"To be honest, I was surprised by all the English complaining after the defeat. England, of all people, the motherland of fairplay ideas," Blatter told Swiss magazine Weltwoche in an interview which will be published in full on Thursday.

"Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers.

"You can't come afterwards and say so-and-so promised to vote for England. The results are known. The outcome came out clearly."

What a cnut!

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
What a smug asshole you guys should get together with some other big FA's and blacklist fifa

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I agree 100% with Sepp for just about the 1st time ever. The reaction on here was hilarious. Just because youse didnt get the finals most of you assumed something corrupt has taken place.....spastics

The Flying Potato

I agree 100% with Sepp for just about the 1st time ever. The reaction on here was hilarious. Just because youse didnt get the finals most of you assumed something corrupt has taken place.....spastics
Not really....we all knew FIFA were corrupt way before this.

Sw33t

Not really....we all knew FIFA were corrupt way before this.
Exactly.

It's obvious FIFA have some stupid vendetta against England. He can call us bad losers all he wants if it makes him feel better accepting all them brown envelopes. Wont change the fact he's still a massive, massive cnut.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It wasn't assumption, we knew it. The fact World Cups and International football in general have steadily got worse under his tenure is testament to this mans ineptitude.

Kaos

Yep

Blatter's a smug twat but he's right here unfortunately.

Well this sounds corrupt to me. Snubbing a bid not for any technical criteria, but for a personal greivance.

Warner said: "Fifa could not have voted for England having been insulted by their media in the worst possible way."

BBC Sport - Football - Fifa's Warner blames UK media for failed World Cup bid

ricardinho

One thing i noticed about some of the english is that almost everytime they lose its never they're fault its always someone else's fault.

Euro 2004- It was the ref
WC 2006- Ronaldo's fault
Clubs Lose in europe- the other teams are cheats and they lost cause of it
WC bid-corruption

Berlinknives

Oh come on,the FA are ones to talk, they "did a deal" with France for Euro 98 and an Englishman Stanley Rous was President of FIFA when England secured their 1966 bid.

Donkey's Ears

feck me. People on here agree with Blatter?

What about the US and Australia? Are they all bad losers?

What about all the campaigns to try and clean up FIFA that never quite work for some reason?

See the wood for the trees.

Laphroaig

One thing i noticed about some of the english is that almost everytime they lose its never they're fault its always someone else's fault.

Euro 2004- It was the ref
WC 2006- Ronaldo's fault
Clubs Lose in europe- the other teams are cheats and they lost cause of it
WC bid-corruption
That's based only on United vs Porto, right?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No even Barcelona were called cheats after beating United in the final in 2008.

Rarely ever is "they were just better" its always something else.
That's nonsense. I'd be willing to bet that more people felt we lost that final because on the night barca were better. Forget that, I'm sure barring the odd exception most saw it that way.

Your logic applies to England not English clubs.

Tibs

Atleast it's not Ronaldo's fault, or the ref, or Beckham, or goal line technology

Eriku

I can't recall them cheating ever being raised as the reason for United losing.

The problem is that the big love-in for England on club level these days (the Premiership being considered the most attractive league by a majority all over the world, it seems) gets a natural counter-weight in the form of massive twats who find it really hard to grant England any kudos... Some of these types are found in FIFA and UEFA, it seems, and the fact that these big organizations also are huge fans of mutual back-patting, as we've seen for years and years now, gives credene to the statements that people are being two-faced and voting based on criteria that have nothing to do with the tournament.

Twats on either side, the system for choosing the host nation is in a way that's less fair than the crooked fecking play-offs to sort out the 2nd placed teams in the WC qualifiers, for example... the seeding there certainly seperates between sides which in seeded groups attained the same spot in their respective groups. I'm sure we all can point to more instances...

I'd like some FIFA documents that embarass the shit out of Blatter to be WikiLeaked.

Berlinknives

If the FA had its way, the 200+ members ... we'd only see a Eurovision-esque farce anyway ...

Name 100 nations who'd vote for England even transfer their vote to them ... you have some of the Commonwealth, the USA and perhaps the Republic of Ireland, ... 60 votes max ... enough to top the first poll, but you'd need 100 nations in the runoffs to win.

You could obviously see that the CIS and Eastern Europe and perhaps the Oriental countries who would fall behind Russia's bid, the Hispanphone and Portuguese speaking countries would back Spain-Portugal, the Francophone countries and the Dutch speaking countries would back the Netherlands-Belgian bid as would many of the Mediterranean regions. Most of what remains of Central and Northern Europe would be very split between these three, and would simply mirror the "Anyone but England" the FIFA executive had.

Which leaves around 40 nations from the Middle East, North Africa or South East Asia picking the winner ... any Anglophiles here?

Lance Uppercut

If this shitbag actually wins the Nobel peace prize I will puke.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
There's not much that Blatter says that makes sense....and this recent interview he's given is no exception.

Like a lot of folk he's still not cottoned on that we haven't got an issue with losing the bid per se, our issue is with FIFA and their perceived corruption.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe he has cottoned on and is just trying to turn the spotlight away from FIFA and onto us......particularly since the Swiss are now looking into changing their own legislation which allows sporting bodies such as FIFA to avoid corruption charges. He'll not be able to hide behind that exclusion loophole much longer.

B Cantona

Desperate
In the FourFourTwo magazine national football survey, with options such as debt, racism, drugs, match fixing and agents to choose from, 17.1% said the biggest problem facing football was Sepp Blatter. That's before the World Cup vote. That puts him second only to debt. And he was clear of any of the others by a fair distance

Berlinknives

There's not much that Blatter says that makes sense....and this recent interview he's given is no exception.

Like a lot of folk he's still not cottoned on that we haven't got an issue with losing the bid per se, our issue is with FIFA and their perceived corruption.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe he has cottoned on and is just trying to turn the spotlight away from FIFA and onto us......particularly since the Swiss are now looking into changing their own legislation which allows sporting bodies such as FIFA to avoid corruption charges. He'll not be able to hide behind that exclusion loophole much longer.
Sure the FA would've said FIFA's executive cheated Russia if Spain-Portugal won, they way they said it cheated Spain-Portugal when Russia won.

Ultimately it's sour grapes but the point remains that FIFA's executive cheated everyone., it's not Russia's fault or Qatar's!