Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Woodzy

Are the Chalice Dungeons worth doing? I did the first one and there wasn’t much interesting about it.

Moby

Dick
Are the Chalice Dungeons worth doing? I did the first one and there wasn’t much interesting about it.
Well, it depends. The biggest reason people do it are the rewards, you find the best gems in there (and you need to do it for the platinum as well). Also it has some great bosses, which are massively brutal.

The dungeons themselves are kinda same, they follow a set pattern and design and you just do one after another. The enemies keep getting harder and so does the loot but there's no story or exploration there. I'd say some of the bosses are worth it if you are purely into it for the love of the combat and gameplay.

Woodzy

Just beat Laurence and I genuinely think I’m going to have a heart attack :lol:

Can’t stop shaking.

Woodzy

Tbh, it’s the first time I ever got him down to a third of health and that final phase was surprisingly easy.

He hit really hard but it was equally as easy to get hits on him, so with no blood veils remaining and a slither of health I just about managed to get a final hit in before he got me.

Sweet Square

Tbh, it’s the first time I ever got him down to a third of health and that final phase was surprisingly easy.

He hit really hard but it was equally as easy to get hits on him, so with no blood veils remaining and a slither of health I just about managed to get a final hit in before he got me.
The biggest difficulty I found(Had to do it on NG+ after missing the DLC the first time around)was taking down his health. Once you understand his move set, it's all about the grind.

Moby

Dick

Haha, that's an awesome end to the fight. The third phase looks easy to manage but can get you really greedy. In one of my very early attempts I was right there, thought he was done but he took a fatal swipe with literally 1 HP left.

Definitely one of the trickiest bosses in the game.

Woodzy

Congrats! You have two more endings to get :D
I think I fought Moon Presence on my original play through when it was released so it’s just the one ending left but I’m not sure if I’ll play through again for it. I’m tempted though, up there with Hollow Knight for me as one of my favourite games ever. Elden Ring up there too mind.

Woodzy

Time to jump back in.

I always forget how unkind to new players Old Yarnham must be. The mobs are brutal if you don’t know how to play.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Time to jump back in.

I always forget how unkind to new players Old Yarnham is. The mobs are brutal if you don’t know how to play.
Took me so many attempts over the years (think I bought it in 2015) to finally get past the first set of mobs and after that I was addicted and blasted through the whole game in about a week (in 2022). A true masterpiece.

still keep meaning to go back and do the old hunters but I’ll probably need to do a full playthrough.

Woodzy

Confusing
Just worded poorly but essentially it’s just a very difficult area with the mobs.

When I was new I just ran past them all after finding out about the shortcut to the boss. Now I kill my way to boss but still have some close shaves taking them on.

Jev

Time to jump back in.

I always forget how unkind to new players Old Yarnham is. The mobs are brutal if you don’t know how to play.
I ended up just sprinting past that mob at the start and then eventually I learned how to play the game. It does its best to scare off newcomers at the beginning.

No Love

Might platinum this in the not too distant future. How tough is it to do so?

Ainu

Might platinum this in the not too distant future. How tough is it to do so?
It's not too bad but you have to do a lot of chalice dungeons, including a cursed and defiled one, which had some of the tougher boss fights in the entire game for me. Also, save scumming at the end is recommended to avoid having to do three full runs.

No Love

It's not too bad but you have to do a lot of chalice dungeons, including a cursed and defiled one, which had some of the tougher boss fights in the entire game for me. Also, save scumming at the end is recommended to avoid having to do three full runs.
Nice one. I think I’ll make a move on it in the new year. It’s been part of the backlog for quite some time and it’ll be a nice one to tick off.

Moby

Dick
You can avoid most of the dungeons as well. Just need to do the last one with the pthumerian defender and the queen.

Moby

Dick
Took me so many attempts over the years (think I bought it in 2015) to finally get past the first set of mobs and after that I was addicted and blasted through the whole game in about a week (in 2022). A true masterpiece.

still keep meaning to go back and do the old hunters but I’ll probably need to do a full playthrough.
The old hunters is some of the greatest gaming content ever made.

Woodzy

The old hunters is some of the greatest gaming content ever made.
Agreed. Think my first experience of it was documented on the pages before when I played it for the first time last year.

Maria, Kos and Lawrence all incredible bosses.

Lawrence the hardest in the game for me and a hell of a rush beating him. Kos similar.

Ainu

You can avoid most of the dungeons as well. Just need to do the last one with the pthumerian defender and the queen.
Yeah but you can only get there through a minimum number of dungeons, and the defiled dungeon is part of that.

Superunknown

What a total masterpiece this game is.

The opening section is the angriest I have ever been with a game. I remember it well! That fecking opening street with 20 dudes. I must have been stuck there for about 3 or 4 hours, just dying over and over, with that unpatched loading screen which lasted about 3 years. Once I got past Cleric Beast, the game opened up. Had such an amazing experience with it.

Moby

Dick
What a total masterpiece this game is.

The opening section is the angriest I have ever been with a game. I remember it well! That fecking opening street with 20 dudes. I must have been stuck there for about 3 or 4 hours, just dying over and over, with that unpatched loading screen which lasted about 3 years. Once I got past Cleric Beast, the game opened up. Had such an amazing experience with it.
:lol: Yep this was my first souls game and that first mob felt unbeatable for a while.

But as said above my worst point was through old yharnam when out of nowhere you have a fecking machine gun fire from sky along with all the rest of the shite.

Woodzy

:lol: Yep this was my first souls game and that first mob felt unbeatable for a while.

But as said above my worst point was through old yharnam when out of nowhere you have a fecking machine gun fire from sky along with all the rest of the shite.
Just got to Old Yarnham and dreading that bit

Moby

Dick
Well feck, I don't think anyone had found that back when I went for the platinum. It does seem like more of an exploit than a legitimate way to reach the queen.
Yeah I'll take that asterisk for not having to do the fecking defiled dungeons. :lol:

Woodzy

I always forget where the bloody old yarnham shortcut is from the first lamp. I get to the area where the cnut in the tower is and I swear it’s there somewhere but can’t find it