Board vs Jose

OneUnited24

“See it’s not my fault I can’t get a tune out of any team I put out there. If I had Messi, Neymar, bale and Ronaldo like I asked we would be fine.”

I know the summers been slow so far but surely a manager should be able to get something out of the players he has on offer. I’m so sick of all our managers wanting absolute control in everything and only want to be judged as long as they get everything they want. Countless managers don’t get the backing our board gives but it’s still their fault if the team plays like crap

Minimalist

“See it’s not my fault I can’t get a tune out of any team I put out there. If I had Messi, Neymar, bale and Ronaldo like I asked we would be fine.”

I know the summers been slow so far but surely a manager should be able to get something out of the players he has on offer. I’m so sick of all our managers wanting absolute control in everything and only want to be judged as long as they get everything they want. Countless managers don’t get the backing our board gives but it’s still their fault if the team plays like crap
It's literally what LVG was accused of - that's the annoying that. I don't know why Mourinho gets away with the same excuses.

You don't need 11 world class players to play decent football.

L1nk

5 players though, 5, so what happens if we cant get those 5, any alternatives on that list?

ZenMaster Coltrane

You know it's a poor relationship when he's always going on about his transfer list and the number of targets. What other manager repeatedly mentions the exact number of targets he has suggested to the club? I don't even care if it's a pressuring tactic. It's bush league and looks super weak once he starts moaning about only getting part of the list. He was even out there talking down the number of summer targets in January after Sanchez signed.

Moreover, the manager plays a huge role in attracting players to come. He gets an F on that count. Slating top players...playing tumescent football. No thanks.

DownRiver

5 players though, 5, so what happens if we cant get those 5, any alternatives on that list?
5 player shortlist for a CB position is what he means. If Woodward can't get any of them then all blame lies on Woodward. I think it's good Mourinho is so open, puts pressure on Woodward.

I think it's all well and good for Mourinho to shut his mouth, but when the season turns into crap because we didn't add reinforcements because of Woodward's incompetence-everyone will blame Mourinho. Mourinho is defending his own back.

Bojan11

Woodward needs to take responsibility too. That’s three managers who called him out over him being slow when it comes to transfers

Get a DOF or go with Jose.

OneUnited24

It's literally what LVG was accused of - that's the annoying that. I don't know why Mourinho gets away with the same excuses.

Completely agree. The system is what counts in Morden football. Our team always seems to set out without having a outball. That’s not on the players. That’s on the manager not setting up to have players near the ball

AndyJ1985

5 player shortlist for a CB position is what he means. If Woodward can't get any of them then all blame lies on Woodward. I think it's good Mourinho is so open, puts pressure on Woodward.
Yeah great tactic, let's publicly put pressure on our club to pay vast amounts of money on 30 year olds

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Woodward needs to take responsibility too. That’s three managers who called him out over him being slow when it comes to transfers

Get a DOF or go with Jose.
More concerned that he's hired 3 managers and they've all been dire fits for the club.

Castia

Fecking shambles.

The owners need to step in and appoint someone who knows what they’re doing on the football side of things it’s a joke that a club our size with our budget is in its current state.

So much time and money wasted somebody needs to be made accountable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he means he wanted five players this summer. So wants two more but only one will arrive.

Morpheus 7

The board and Ed have be poor so far this summer. The club need to invest in more leaders and address issues, they have failed to do that bar the signing of Fred. Simply not good enough, Jose is shifting blame about promises that haven't been delivered. Darmian should have been sold weeks ago but he's playing two weeks before the season starts, it's a mess. If we bring in only one more it's been a poor Summer. Accountability needs to be taken by Jose, he's not getting the most out of these players. He's constantly making every situation in to a miserable one. I blame both, Man United should be closing deals for areas they need. The problems run deep, I have no confidence in investment or Jose at the moment. Hopefully we will get through August and get our players back with a few wins. This negativity has to break at some point.

The_Order

He's not the only manager who does it but to me it really suggests a cold relationship with the higher-ups. You'd think a manager would keep his gob shut on that front (and work on it behind the scenes). It's like he's trying to create a problem with his own people.
Clearly he wants out

You don't talk about your employers and colleagues that way unless you want the sack

sam147

Yeah great tactic, let's publicly put pressure on our club to pay vast amounts of money on 30 year olds
Why does the amount of money and age of a player matter to you? Do you sleep better at night knowing the moneys in the glazers pockets rather than quality signings. Oh wait, you are probably one of them fans who celebrates the fact we are getting more money for our deadwood like Rojo like its going to be added to your yearly bonus.

walsh

Clearly he wants out

You don't talk about your employers and colleagues that way unless you want the sack
Don't be daft. The man is just very frustrated.

Don't get me wrong, he's pissing me off immensely with his demeanour but let's not add layers to this that aren't there.

R'hllor

Yes you do.

Aloysius's Back 3

What a transfer window if Jose goes & the squad is not altered by him unnecessarily :drool:

Come to me ex player to manage United

99fan

What if his comments ,about his possible targets is down to one, is a prearranged negotiation tactic with Ed so the seller clubs dont play hard ball with Ed. You know 4D chess

Since we've been back in the CL the board haven't done enough, truth be told we should have made big signings after the EL final and we didn't. Was the same last summer and the same thing has happened again this summer.

IppoKun

Supports
Benfica
No way Lee Grant was on the list, the list is 100% to fix the holes/strength positions in the team, not for a backup of a backup keeper.

I think everyone can agree that the team has holes in it, (in my opinion at least RW and DL). So either back up the manager or sack him (kinda late now). I mean it doesn't matter if the players have 29-30 years, if Mourinho can win the PL with them, who the feck cares about the age of the players? Experience is needed on a team too, it's not just kids.

The prices can be bad for what it's been throw on the press and that would suck sure, but younger ones can cost even more (if the clubs want to sell them at all). At the end of the day, not investing now and having that idea to make the existing players play better when the rivals are investing, it's just going to end badly.

Castia

One signing will probably be a centre back then?

Somebody has sat down and decided our main area of focus should be a new CB and a new CM....meh I give up its a farce.

Art Vandelay

Since we've been back in the CL the board haven't done enough, truth be told we should have made big signings after the EL final and we didn't. Was the same last summer and the same thing has happened again this summer.
We spent over £100m last season on Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku. The investment is there, the issue is the state of the squad Moyes and LVG left. You can't rip it up and start over so quickly. It takes time to re-invest and re-build. We do need investment still, but it was never going to be a quick fix.

Patrick08

In this argument, who's target was Henrikh Mkh actually I am curious to know a player we identified to fill in at Right Wing and still hasn't sort out this problem after Selling Di maria who the previous manager abruptly chose to play in the Midfeild.

Castia

I don’t agree we have spent huge money the problem is on the wrong players, until we fix our off the field recruitment strategy then nothing will change.

We could spend 200m a summer but with the way we buy any old random player (it seriously feels this way) we will keep getting it wrong.

Sampy93

We spent over £100m last season on Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku. The investment is there, the issue is the state of the squad Moyes and LVG left. You can't rip it up and start over so quickly. It takes time to re-invest and re-build. We do need investment still, but it was never going to be a quick fix.
Funnily enough Mourinho completely shifted a team at Chelsea and won the league. Not excusing the miserable sod but don’t think the club have a fecking clue at the moment and are not backing him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In this argument, who's target was Henrikh Mkh actually I am curious to know a player we identified to fill in at Right Wing and still hasn't sort out this problem after Selling Di maria who the previous manager abruptly chose to play in the Midfeild.
ADM played there the season before for Madrid with enormous success.

Art Vandelay

Funnily enough Mourinho completely shifted a team at Chelsea and won the league. Not excusing the miserable sod but don’t think the club have a fecking clue at the moment and are not backing him.
That was back before players £80m+ though. I don't think we could afford to do a whole team in one or two windows.

Rolaholic

I don't think I've ever seen a manager of a top club take so many public swipes at his clubs management,it's literally always another party's fault when there are dour results on the pitch

The bolded are good quality players but don't really take us to that next level. I hope Lukaku can go up a gear next season and be that player. I think our transition in getting rid of our dead wood players has been to slow. We don't seem to know when to sell players, Darmian, Blind, Jones etc could have gone last summer but haven't. Blind has only just been sold and the other two are still here.