Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder what Aubameyang is thinking. Speaking out about how much he is looking forward to working with Tuchel - and one short Croatia-vacation together, Tuchel is sacked.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Weird club. Weird owner.

They’ll go for Poch or Zidane. I don’t think Potter would pan out well. His system has taken time to implement at Brighton, would he be given that time at Chelsea? Doubt it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I wonder what Aubameyang is thinking. Speaking out about how much he is looking forward to working with Tuchel - and one short Croatia-vacation together, Tuchel is sacked.
as long as hes getting his wages paid (unlike at barca) I expect he will feel just fine about whoever comes in next

They have a lack of options when it comes to proper forwards (instead of stirling or havertz) so he will have his chance to play

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think Boehly is going to destroy Chelsea FC. From a scattergun transfer window of weird signings and no real planning, just getting what other teams are after.

To now sacking Tuchel after a few bad results.

Seems very volatile and not a good sign for the future.

Discuss
You believe too much red top news. Discuss.
The sacking has come far too soon and it is pretty ridiculous but if he can get Potter in then it's the right decision in my opinion.
I loved the guy but 7 months of bad results is a lifetime in football. Stop looking at it as just this season because it’s not.
If that’s true about Boehly then I would say it’s pretty concerning

He’s fallen out with Marina, Cech and Tuchel now in a few months. All have now left the club.

Do you think he’ll actually get a DoF?
He didn’t fall out with Marina. She was a Roman employee, has probably got another job with Roman. Cech chose to leave as many top positions do when new owners join any business and there’s nothing to even suggest him and Tuchel fell out. Your post is full of opinion, let’s not get it confused with fact.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Same as Roman did.

Won a shed load of trophies.

Top clubs mostly all operate like this now.
Roman would have given more time, this is a shocking decision. I don’t think many was expecting a sacking so soon

TheReligion

Abusive
You believe too much red top news. Discuss.

I loved the guy but 7 months of bad results is a lifetime in football. Stop looking at it as just this season because it’s not.

He didn’t fall out with Marina. She was a Roman employee, has probably got another job with Roman. Cech chose to leave as many top positions do when new owners join any business and there’s nothing to even suggest him and Tuchel fell out. Your post is full of opinion, let’s not get it confused with fact.
Widely reported Cech disagreed with Boehly in the market (as did Marina). They Lukaku move was one part of it. There was a definite clash.

TheLord

Disagree with opening post. Apparently the signings made were decided by the club not tuchel so they knew he was a goner.

Chelsea have a vision for a more collaborative approach and developing players. Neither of which tuchel was doing according to bbc.

If the owner does carry on with the abramovich approach to managers they will carry on being successful. Works for them. They have won alot more in the past decade than we have.
Disagree with your post. If Chelsea spent the transfer window chasing players Tuchel didn't want, they'd have / should've fired him before the season started. They've opened up discussions with Potter now. This looks more scattergun and highly volatile, in my opinion.

Chief123

I think Boehly is going to destroy Chelsea FC. From a scattergun transfer window of weird signings and no real planning, just getting what other teams are after.

Discuss
I think they’re going to have a few years of chaos. Long May it continue.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He was refusing to take the reigns given to him for the window, apparently complained about it all the time. He was upset Petr Cech left, but that was Petr’s choice. Marina was the one who had to go.

As for Clearlake, they have already started fixing our academy, loan, and scouting structure. They have cleaned out the rotten wood. They have a plan for who they want as DoF, and they have a plan for what they want Chelsea to be. Tuchel was using his squad selections to throw tantrums. They wanted to give him a chance I’m sure, but he caused more damage every day he was here.

Tuchel is a fantastic coach, but also has a history of petulance, and it has been showing since midway through the window, and the one thing you can’t let him do is eat away at the foundations of building the organization.

Anyone who thought someone would buy a club and “build around a coach” as o have seen … doesn’t understand how this works.

largelyworried

He was refusing to take the reigns given to him for the window, apparently complained about it all the time. ....

....Anyone who thought someone would buy a club and “build around a coach” as o have seen … doesn’t understand how this works.
You seem to have missed the apparent contradiction in your post.

MUnchies

The same team runs the dodgers and they are quite well managed. Tuchel was going to always be on the way out as he was hired prior to the new ownership.
The glazers also manage Buccaneers who just won the super bowl two seasons ago. Now look at how they manage Manchester United, big difference. Being successful in American football doesn't equate to success in football.

DevilRed

The glazers also manage Buccaneers who just won the super bowl two seasons ago. Now look at how they manage Manchester United, big difference. Being successful in American football doesn't equate to success in football.
To be fair, the structure in the MLB is far more similar to football than the NFL.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Discuss
So what people should consider from Roman to Boehly is that where Roman had backroom staff that ran the club like clockwork, Boehly has allowed Tuchel to spend 280 million euro (with a net of 220+m euro) only to fire him within a month of the season starting. Reports today coming out that the decision has been made before the CL game means that Tuchel was allowed to bring in Fofana and Auba while they were discussing firing him.

They now have a squad tailored for one manager, sack him without a replacement, and are targeting a manager like Pottter who dont even play the style Chelseas squad is made out as currently.

Chelsea have definitely have a suboptimal start to the season, but so have City and Liverpool in the past and they went on to win the league, especially City who went from lacklustre to recordbreaking in the year United sat top of the table at the halfway point.

What I would be genuinely concerned about is who is in charge of transfer business at Chelsea today, because it is not Romans people who made Chelsea what it is.

If the American owners dont get this right, they could very well be spending their way into a United situation.

TheReligion

Abusive
Boehly clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. It may work out in the end but he’s behaving like an amateur.

1) He’s fallen out with Marina, Cech and now Tuchel. Seems to think he knows better than actual football people with experience.

2) Still not appointed a DoF.

3) Strange transfer window spent buying targets to suit Tuchel and his system. Spent a huge amount only to then sack him.

4) Going after Potter without a DoF in place. Seemingly holding no kind of process with other potential candidates.

mu4c_20le

They fluked it though, just like how Ole would've fluked the league if City wasn't pumped by oil. They wont win it again for decades.

MUnchies

They fluked it though, just like how Ole would've fluked the league if City wasn't pumped by oil. They wont win it again for decades.
How did they fluke it? Did Real Madrid fluke their champions league win last season because they were almost down and out all knockout games?
They had two of the greatest NFL players in Brady and Gronkowski.

What makes you think Ole would have won the league without City. Because he came second that one time behind City? It doesn't work like that.

mu4c_20le

How did they fluke it? Did Real Madrid fluke their champions league win last season because they were almost down and out all knockout games?
They had two of the greatest NFL players in Brady and Gronkowski.

What makes you think Ole would have won the league without City. Because he came second that one time behind City? It doesn't work like that.
They are not well run at all, they finished 5th in their division and had to enter the playoffs via wildcard. The difference between them and Madrid has been pointed out; they won't win it again for decades, or even come close.

MUnchies

They are not well run at all, they finished 5th in their division and had to enter the playoffs via wildcard. The difference between them and Madrid has been pointed out; they won't win it again for decades, or even come close.
After they won the super bowl did't they go as far as the divisional playoffs just last year and lost to the eventual super bowl winners RAMS by only 3 points in the last 30 seconds? So what makes you think they can't win it again? we will see I guess.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Let’s hope so. Would be great.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Disagree with your post. If Chelsea spent the transfer window chasing players Tuchel didn't want, they'd have / should've fired him before the season started. They've opened up discussions with Potter now. This looks more scattergun and highly volatile, in my opinion.
The stories have been for weeks that he had become distant and the word used at Southampton by supporters was petulant. This isn’t about the last few weeks it goes deeper.

Tuchal was always going to get the sack and I personally suspect that the new owners were wanting to get the transfer window out the way first.

For those that have forgotten Tuchal was only intended to be a short term appointment events and circumstances followed a different course than most of us expected but be under no illusion that the football being dished up was terrible and decent players are being made to look very average.

As to were the players TTs choice we have no idea it’s speculation but people are posting as if Bohey has just won the lottery and spending it like there is no tomorrow well that is a convenient but he almost certainly would have individuals who he consulted you won’t hear about them but they would be there

He was refusing to take the reigns given to him for the window, apparently complained about it all the time. He was upset Petr Cech left, but that was Petr’s choice. Marina was the one who had to go.

As for Clearlake, they have already started fixing our academy, loan, and scouting structure. They have cleaned out the rotten wood. They have a plan for who they want as DoF, and they have a plan for what they want Chelsea to be. Tuchel was using his squad selections to throw tantrums. They wanted to give him a chance I’m sure, but he caused more damage every day he was here.

Tuchel is a fantastic coach, but also has a history of petulance, and it has been showing since midway through the window, and the one thing you can’t let him do is eat away at the foundations of building the organization.

Anyone who thought someone would buy a club and “build around a coach” as o have seen … doesn’t understand how this works.
Agree with this 100% what is strange Dorsett on Sky has said part of the Chelsea team talking to Potter in central London are Peter Czech and Marina G

Momochiru

It will take time to set up a new successful structure. This year will probably be a write off for them - even if they get a good manager like Potter, he would need time to implement his ideas and with the packed schedule this year he wouldn't have the time to do it. The other problem is their squad is very unbalanced and lots of players rejected them in the summer - after this rash sacking even more players would think twice before signing for them, especially if they miss on top 4. There are a lot of worrying signs for Chelsea fans, that they are going the same way we did after SAF left. It might take a few years until they stabilize - it's been 8 years and counting for us, wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens to them.

In any case it's good news for us - Chelsea were one of the most consistent rivals since Abramovich came, so anything to destabilize them will be good for us.

RedRover

Roman would have given more time, this is a shocking decision. I don’t think many was expecting a sacking so soon
Would he?

Has made some strange comments pre-season and during. Chelsea looked like a team out of ideas and he's had shocking start to the season.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
It will take time to set up a new successful structure. This year will probably be a write off for them - even if they get a good manager like Potter, he would need time to implement his ideas and with the packed schedule this year he wouldn't have the time to do it. The other problem is their squad is very unbalanced and lots of players rejected them in the summer - after this rash sacking even more players would think twice before signing for them, especially if they miss on top 4. There are a lot of worrying signs for Chelsea fans, that they are going the same way we did after SAF left. It might take a few years until they stabilize - it's been 8 years and counting for us, wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens to them.

In any case it's good news for us - Chelsea were one of the most consistent rivals since Abramovich came, so anything to destabilize them will be good for us.
Personally I think it’s a million miles away from how things have played out following on from SAF at Utd.

SAF for all intents and purposes was Utd much akin to Wenger at Arsenal long term incumbents who had footprints in every aspect of the club Tuchal wasn’t close to that although I suspect he was thinking that following on from the plaudits he received following the sanctions

Dr. StrangeHate

The sacking has come far too soon and it is pretty ridiculous but if he can get Potter in then it's the right decision in my opinion.
That is the worry. I have an uneducated feeling, Potter will be great for them even though I have seen Brighton in their matches against us only. They have proper dominated us in those matches.

USREDEVIL

Strange signgings by Chelsea and for a feck ton of money. I figured, meh Tuchel knows what he's doing but now it looks more of a club issue, like do they know what the feck they are doing.

Cucarella? Ok sort of meh but big spend
Fofana? Ok not bad but again a ton of money
Auba and Koulibaly seem strange. Both getting on and Auba seems to be a problem.

I can't see a plan with all of this.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You seem to have missed the apparent contradiction in your post.
What contradiction? He would say he accepts the job of helping with the transfer window , and then he would apparently go and grumble about having to do that job to other people.

He then focused on on one or two things, told the owners that “midfield was fine”, and that got us in real trouble.

They were upset with the Gilmour situation because Tuchel told them “midfield was fine”. They gave Gilmour a squad number … and the Tuchel wouldn’t play him. His selections have been odd, he’s kept people on the dark, and that’s just the things we know about. It could be worse behind the scenes.

I saw Rio admit in his podcast that Tuchel was salty just two weeks ago. They never did negotiate an extension, which should have been telling.

They are talking about quick chops , but you can’t say that until they chop someone THEY chose. EVERYONE else at the club will be new. Clearlake has a record of long term investment in managers. So that isn’t their general philosophy.

I believe they know who their DoF will be, and I think that person may have a voice behind the scenes as well.

You can have patience through bad form, but NOT through a toxic environment. And that seems to be what eventually made the decision.

Momochiru

Personally I think it’s a million miles away from how things have played out following on from SAF at Utd.

SAF for all intents and purposes was Utd much akin to Wenger at Arsenal long term incumbents who had footprints in every aspect of the club Tuchal wasn’t close to that although I suspect he was thinking that following on from the plaudits he received following the sanctions
It's not only Tuchel, first and foremost it's Marina + Abramovich, wich was the most powerful combo in the PL, then it's the rest of the club structure, like Chech and the scouts, etc. It's very reminiscent to what happened after SAF / Gill left and Moyes ripped up the rest of the structure built by SAF.

GazTheLegend

Discuss
Chelsea has always looked to me like a club run in absolute chaos from day to day, with infighting from top to bottom. And yet somehow for them chaos seems to mean winning. Twice they've sacked managers into champions League wins, and it's not like Di Matteo was any good - he was arguably a worse manager than Solskjaer.