Boubacar Kamara | Aston Villa player

mu4c_20le

Reports did say that they tabled a significant offer to blow Atletico out of the water.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
surely can't be on that much!?
Loads of top clubs were after him and we're paying likes of Digne 100k + a week. Coutinho will be in that bracket aswell.

We really need to get qualifying again for europe sooner or later otherwise it will be repeat of fallout of O'Neill reign when our wage bill was massively out of control.

Would help if we could sell a few squad players for 5-15m aswell to balance things, I assume Newcastle will sign Matt Targett permanently as he's done well of them so that should be one off the books.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Loads of top clubs were after him and we're paying likes of Digne 100k + a week. Coutinho will be in that bracket aswell.

We really need to get qualifying again for europe sooner or later otherwise it will be repeat of fallout of O'Neill reign when our wage bill was massively out of control.

Would help if we could sell a few squad players for 5-15m aswell to balance things, I assume Newcastle will sign Matt Targett permanently as he's done well of them so that should be one off the books.
Yep, you could go the way of us if you're not careful. You really need to hope that they can do the business otherwise you'll struggle to get rid of the players + any new signings will expect big money too. 175k a week would be outrageous. Apparently Ings is on 100k+ too so you have 4 players now in that bracket. That's top 8 level.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Good chance that signing on fee is also spread over the contract, or part of signing on fee spread over contract. Remember reading this long back for other free transfers.

::sonny::

Another one

Look at the other clubs how quick they act in the market
When you’re slow it’s because you don’t have, money, ideas and organization

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The new M'Vila.
ah! Flashbacks of Arsenal fans lauding him as a world class talent that they need to sign. I’d hear it weekly how he was going to transform Arsenal.

Haven’t googled to see where he is now, but think he played his prime in Russia and Sunderland

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Very good business being done by Aston Villa so far.

meninred

Very Proactive moves by Villa. A lesson for other clubs in a way..Hope we donot wait till August

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whatever about how good the players they're getting are, they do seem to get deals done efficiently. I'm also thinking of their signing of Danny Ings, which was one of the most out of nowhere deals I can remember in quite a while.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This has got to be a joke. I mean, what has dress sense got to do as your quality as a footballer? In fact I would find it refreshing that he was just normal and not needing to show off.

As for Villa, they do work efficiently and get deals done. Good work so far.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This has got to be a joke. I mean, what has dress sense got to do as your quality as a footballer? In fact I would find it refreshing that he was just normal and not needing to show off.

As for Villa, they do work efficiently and get deals done. Good work so far.
Maybe he got turned off by his perceived lack of professionalism?
Doesn't make sense otherwise might just be shitty click bait.

RedDevil@84

The tweet didn't say what his 3 friends were wearing or not wearing :lol: :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Maybe he got turned off by his perceived lack of professionalism?
Doesn't make sense otherwise might just be shitty click bait.
If a club wanted to sign me (for free no less) and didn't put in the effort of at least wining and dining me and wanted to come to my house instead, I'd certainly not be dressed to the nines - shorts and no socks with a few friends around seems like a normal day when you've finished work?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If a club wanted to sign me (for free no less) and didn't put in the effort of at least wining and dining me and wanted to come to my house instead, I'd certainly not be dressed to the nines - shorts and no socks with a few friends around seems like a normal day when you've finished work?
Yeah that's why I said it's probably juat a shitty click bait.
It doesn’t make much sense unless they had some prior agreement about him dressing well which would be counterintuitive anyway .

Maybe his friends were doing drugs? This whole story seems so preposterous.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I mean they wanted to discuss a deal worth tens of millions and the guy didn't bother to get dressed or send away his friends for a few hours, then it's not really surprising the other side pulled out?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Would have been a solid signing for us. Not sure if a world beater but an upgrade on what we had and a no brainer with the price.

Last edited:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
No idea if its reliable but there was a report in the French media today saying this deal will cost Villa 60m over five years in wages and signing on fees.

No such thing as a free transfer.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I mean they wanted to discuss a deal worth tens of millions and the guy didn't bother to get dressed or send away his friends for a few hours, then it's not really surprising the other side pulled out?
Why come to his house? The one place he can literally be in shorts and barefoot without any issue.

OleGunnar20

Strootman was another midfield saviour
M'Vila, Veloso, Strootman - All players I was convinced would be class .. can be a tricky business this scouting malarkey.

To be fair with Strootman, it does look like injuries held him back more than anything. He looked a terrific player prior.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
M'Vila, Veloso, Strootman - All players I was convinced would be class .. can be a tricky business this scouting malarkey.

To be fair with Strootman, it does look like injuries held him back more than anything. He looked a terrific player prior.
He was at the top of every fanbase's wishlist at one point. The hype was unbelievable.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
If he was even close to world class then he surely wouldnt sign for Aston Villa for free.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No idea if its reliable but there was a report in the French media today saying this deal will cost Villa 60m over five years in wages and signing on fees.

No such thing as a free transfer.
Yeah free transfer and even transfer fee exists for internet arguments.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That’s rough, he’s been quality for them this season.