Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Poor going forward. I think after a poor start defensively he really dug in and did himself justice.

Could have stopped the cross but it had a lot of whip on it. I think we're asking a bit much of him at the moment, kids throwing the kitchen sink at it. Well done to him

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Williams's theatrics when being touched by an opponent is embarrassing. Ole needs to have a word.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole puts great pressure on him, but what he could do when Shaw is simply useless while being injured every few months.

Dan_F

In his defence, he was playing under 18s football last year. Rashford barely gave him any help tonight too. There isn’t many 19 year olds playing in defence for top teams, it’s far easier for young attackers to come into the team.

He huffs and puffs alot but hes not good enough, he will get better but we don't have time to wait. Another LB is needed asap.

Jev

Didn't think he was that bad actually. Fought hard and was quite involved in our attack. It's not his fault he's on his wrong foot, that's always going to limit you.

Was asleep for their first goal though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's shite. A "pash'un player" who fans will like because he's academy and has a bit of fire to him but feck all talent to go along with it.

0le

For his first season he has done alright. Lots to improve on but there is something there to work with.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Exposed today, rubbish on both ends. He will be a squad player for a decade though, while never being good enough.
Think you're being a bit emotional here, he's 19, first ever European semi, filling in for an injured player.

El Jefe

I think he's shite normally but thought he was quite good today. Was one of our better players actually.

Bojan11

He can’t defend and offers nothing going forward. Him and AWB on the same team is bad.

Eddy_JukeZ

Him and AWB on the field at the same time is just asking for trouble. Shaw is a huge miss.

We need better full-backs.

remo

I don't understand why Ole keeps playing Williams. He has good attitude but that's all he has (except being academy player). Provides nothing going forward and huge liability defending. Against Chelsea he was destroyed, today was huge liability. He is just not good enough.

MDFC Manager

As bad as he was by himself, Rashford made it harder by barely offering any defensive support.

Drainy

Not ready to play a game like that, but not his fault that he had to.

Shaw was injured, Rojo is a wrong'un and our former club captain went on strike to force a move in January leaving us short of cover.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I don't understand why Ole keeps playing Williams. He has good attitude but that's all he has (except being academy player). Provides nothing going forward and huge liability defending. Against Chelsea he was destroyed, today was huge liability. He is just not good enough.
What's the alternative?

Park's Petrified Pooch

Copied the below from the Post Match thread because I'm lazy.

I know he’s a local lad and a grafter, young and probably over-promoted due to circumstance. But Williams looked like a competition winner out there. Awful, and completely at fault for the first goal. Poor position then a terrible decision to over cover. And the second he just doesn’t close the man down. Stop the cross. Lesson one of being a full back.

He's had some good games, relatively speaking, and some really poor ones. He looks like a competition winner at times, which I know is a harsh and hyperbolic thing to say, but top level looks way beyond him at this stage of his development. And I don't see that he has the attributes other than a good bit of fight to take him much further sadly.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Make him RB cover because I do like him but his lack of left foot is causing problems.

He’s a teenager though. Let’s remember that.

Mcking

He is just 18 lads. If we have patience, he could very well turn out to be the new Irwin. He's a left back, right-footed, and 18. That's enough.

criticalanalysis

Agree with most here.

You can't fault his passion and effort. Definite lack of quality but he's a good backup if slightly awkward being right footed.

It would be interesting to give him, Dalot or TFM a run at right back. With the way we have been playing and with Pogba/Bruno in tandem, a defensive right back may not be what we need now.

Williams's theatrics when being touched by an opponent is embarrassing. Ole needs to have a word.
Was some pretty funny stuff. It's almost as if, pre-game Ole said 'watch these Sevilla players, they are experienced and will dive/call for everything', so Williams took that on and tried to give it back in equal measure.

His commitment to the cause is commendable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He simply isn’t good enough. Yea, he’s 19. But so is Bayern’s left back. If ‘he’s only 19’ means he isn’t ready to be playing for us, them he shouldn’t be playing for us. He should be on loan at QPR until he shows something.

Jibbs

He needs to be sent on loan. The pressure at United will destroy his confidence, he was nervous and abysmal today. He needs couple of years in Championship.

starman

Are people really starting to write him off already :rolleyes:
This is his first year playing in the first team. When Shaw is back he should be given a try on the right, he offers a lot more than AWB going forward

Eddy_JukeZ

This is his first year playing in the first team. When Shaw is back he should be given a try on the right, he offers a lot more than AWB going forward
Not sure he does to be honest.

Copa Mundial

In his defence, he was playing under 18s football last year. Rashford barely gave him any help tonight too. There isn’t many 19 year olds playing in defence for top teams, it’s far easier for young attackers to come into the team.
A good point that seems to have been missed. Rashford's got to do a bit more defensively to help out.

I just wish they'd try Williams at right back, I honestly think he would do OK there.

kundalini

A surprise promotion into the first team squad. At times he has been fine, though some matches he has looked out of his depth. Very raw defensively, tendency to play opponents onside. Having watched several replays of Sevilla's 1st goal, it seemed like Williams chose to provide extra cover against Maguire's man because he simply wasn't aware of Suso beyond the far post.

Needs to improve if he wants to compete for a position in the first team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He showed a lot more attacking ability at youth level, he's barely shown anything at all for the seniors, he's taken to playing it safe when he gets forward and for that he's not utilising the thing that probably got him his call up in the first place.

Chairman Steve

I have a feeling Ethan Laird will end up taking his slot in the squad, and the only way it doesn’t happen is Laird has reoccurring injury issues. Williams is really handicapped playing LB and looks more comfortable at RB.

Nick7

Thought it back when he was promoted initially, he isn’t ready. Good potential but he’s not at the level to start for us, or to rely on as the first back up.

Sweet Square

Still a very young player so there's a long way to go but he does remind me of the youth players that started under LVG. Impressive for a few games and then a continuous decline.

kirk buttercup

he is very young and has been thrown in the deep end . Give him time he will kick on next season . Well done to him Breaking into the first team this year

Pennywise

We need a new left back. He's not good enough. Shaw is better but nowhere near good enough if we want to compete for the top prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.