Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bertrand might leave Southampton to join arsenal. I think this is an obvious choice where he should go if Southampton is still interested to sign him on loan. KWP is developing pretty good as a right back under Ralph, and I think moving to Southampton will benefit him to develop as good full back.

I used to think he can be like Phil Neville playing both left or right back but I just realised his game seems to be a natural left back. Defensively, I don’t see the difference between him playing as left or right back but on possession, he’s much more sloppy as a right back.

Loan him for 2 years, come back and be a left back if you are good enough. Telles would be in his 30is in 2 years anyway which perfect time to take his spot.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I reckon he'll have a really good season if he gets the games, they've already signed a new LB though so presume he'll be playing RB for them

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I reckon he'll have a really good season if he gets the games, they've already signed a new LB though so presume he'll be playing RB for them

I honestly think he'll just prove he's not really good enough... or at best, that he's just about good enough to make it at Southampton.

Hope I'm wrong of course.

charlenefan

I honestly think he'll just prove he's not really good enough... or at best, that he's just about good enough to make it at Southampton.

Hope I'm wrong of course.
You say that like it's some backhanded compliment, if Williams can have a PL career at a club like Southampton he's done better than most

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You say that like it's some backhanded compliment, if Williams can have a PL career at a club like Southampton he's done better than most
Oh of course, I meant in terms of being an option for us.

I mean in the grand scheme of life if he makes it at a League 2 club he's done better then most!

charlenefan

He won't play RB, Kyle Walker Peters has been playing there for them and has had a decent season.
I've never seen anything from KWP that makes me think Williams couldn't dislodge him, that being said I assumed they'd be playing him at LB but as I said they've just signed a LB, Hasenhüttl clearly has a plan for him either way as he's wanted him for a year now

Polar

A loan move to Southampton will be perfect. BW is only 20y and his physics isn’t fully developed yet. I’m more optimistic on his behalf than most people on this forum :D After two years in Southampton (more experience and better physics) he will be a valuable squad player for United. Maybe he also will be able to push AWB.

Abraxas

Could be the perfect move if he gets game time, Southampton like to push their full-backs on which should give him an opportunity. I'm hoping he can get back to the combative style he had at the start, that was a lot more interesting than the flat performances of late. He lost some confidence, I believe. Either way we should learn a lot from this.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Oh of course, I meant in terms of being an option for us.

I mean in the grand scheme of life if he makes it at a League 2 club he's done better then most!
In life even what he's achieved so far is incredible and what a far majority will never even get close to doing. Earning 3 mill or so a year in your early 20's.

But I agree he'll probably be found out at Southampton unless he really changes his game and I hope he does!

Status
Not open for further replies.