Television Breaking Bad

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So we didn't actually see Walt/Hisenberg die, so there is a possibility they might make an other series in a few years.

We saw him lying there at the very end, dead. He's dead and not coming back.

acnumber9

There's definitely a possibility he made it out alive. Knowing that pesky Walt he probably pretended to be dead to lead the cops into a trap. He probably's halfway to Australia with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid by now.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Wasn't sure exactly who to reply too but this one takes it :lol: , I'll just into my little corner and thing about what I have done. :(

I really liked the name Isaac Schrader, I thought he did it because he knew he was about to die. I guess ASAC Hank Schraeder has the same effect. Hank is actually Henry to top it all off.

Thank's for the memories breaking bad.

JmRssll555

Another incredibly intense alternative ending which someone at uni suggested to me involved Jesse killing himself. Essentially, during that scene in the Nazis place, when Walt slides the gun along the floor to Jesse, the same conversation happens before Jesse decides that he has nothing worth living for after the shooting of Andrea etc. and uses the gun on himself.

Walt would then break down in tears, knowing that he himself was bleeding out from his gun shot wound, but also having to deal with the immense guilt that he had ruined the lives of most of his family, killed many others and now ultimately lead Jesse to take his own life too.

This guy said he would have preferred that ending in terms of impact, but I said it would have been a bit too much and wanted Jesse to have a relatively happy ending.

Verminator

His fantasy was pretty shit then, if that theory was correct.
No reconciliation with his son. Skyler and Hollie living in poverty. Marie terrified he may come back. Never mind all the things in Jesse's life he wouldn't be aware had happened.
The Police lights were just Gilligan's way of fecking with us. To get us thinking that the finale was going to be about an incarcerated Walt.

Bear Attack

Although I was satisfied with the ending (as we all know it), that's an interesting take and I think it would have been interesting if Gilligan made the last scene Walt dying in the car.

jem

Guessing you mean season, not series?

Aye could well be, this season was brilliant and the final certainly fell a bit flat compared with the others.

Still, a lot of people are saying that whilst it wasn't a great episode in itself, the ending was the right one for the show in its entirety which I guess could be true. Not overly convinced and I think they could have done a better job, but at least things got wrapped up.

Have people been calling for big heart to hearts? Not seen that myself.

For me I would have liked to see more to the scene with Jesse, that doesn't mean reconciliation as I said above.. Just something a bit more than what we got. The relationship between Walt and Jesse was the heart of the show and it barely got any screen time.
I meant it was the worst episode of the series. But given that I can't think of another bad episode (I liked 'Fly',) it's more a testament to how great the series has been.

I have to say, I'm not quite sure why people keep saying that it was the only way it could've ended, or that it had to be neatly wrapped up. Were people really that traumatized by The Sopranos? I see nothing wrong with a bit of ambiguity in an ending. This was the kind of tidy, convenient ending I'd expect from a show like Sons of Anarchy, not Breaking Bad.

jem

I was quite surprised by some people who never realized the Ricin poisoning until right at the end when Walt talked to her on the phone and asked her how she was feeling, flu symptoms etc. You could tell by the camera angle that she had just dropped Ricin into her own herbal tea.

Lovely move and good riddance. She was way out of her depth with the whole meth thing
Honestly, you would have to be borderline retarded not to have put that together. Maybe those are the same people who demanded such all loose ends be tied up....

kps88

I still think it's ridiculous that they wrote the flash forward machine gun scene with no idea how it was going to get resolved.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We saw him lying there at the very end, dead. He's dead and not coming back.

Yes he was lying there dying, and i'm sure he dies, but we didn't see him die, have the writers just left the door slightly open, just in case if they wanted to revive the whole thing..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Those alternate endings all sound a bit cr*p.

Yeah, I agree it's a bit odd to box yourself into a corner by including a such an unambigous flashforward (by the sounds of it from most of those alternate endings they clearly originally intended Walt to go Rambo with it) and then work around it much later on. Maybe they just fancied the challenge.

There's no way Walt was dreaming/fantasizing. Apart from it making absolutely no sense (Jesses box being an inception style fantasy within a fantasy for starters) it would also be a massive cop out. I'll accept that the writers wanted to give it a dream/ghost like quality after the keys dropped down but the ending is pretty conclusive whether you liked it or not.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Upon watching it again, I think it was probably the worst of the 'big' show finales. Which is no great damning or anything. But it's the one that ended the most like a regular TV show. The Sopranos, The Wire, and even The Shield if you want to include it, all ended on a far more powerful sense of their own terms.

On reflection they probably shouldn't have done the flashforwards. Walt's 'fall' would've been far more powerful had we not already known it was heading that way, and they wouldn't have been hamstrung by the introduction of the big feck off gun (which I agree, does seem a very weird thing to include blind) Also the Lydia/ricin plot just felt more like a "we need to do something with the ricin now" scene than anything the show was organically heading towards, or indeed anything we needed or even wanted to see. Lydia's in the episode more than Jesse FFS and is the last person Walt talks to. Lydia? Really? Who gives a feck?

Still a magnificent show, but yeah, watching the finale again, it was good, but not great. In the writing at least. The production, acting etc was all brilliant.

Cina

Upon watching it again, I think it was probably the worst of the 'big' show finales. Which is no great damning or anything. But it's the one that ended the most like a regular TV show. The Sopranos, The Wire, and even The Shield if you want to include it, all ended on a far more powerful sense of their own terms.

On reflection they probably shouldn't have done the flashforwards. Walt's 'fall' would've been far more powerful had we not already known it was heading that way, and they wouldn't have been hamstrung by the introduction of the big feck off gun (which I agree, does seem a very weird thing to include blind) Also the Lydia/ricin plot just felt more like a "we need to do something with the ricin now" scene than anything the show was organically heading towards, or indeed anything we needed or even wanted to see. Lydia's in the episode more than Jesse FFS and is the last person Walt talks to. Lydia? Really? Who gives a feck?

Still a magnificent show, but yeah, watching the finale again, it was good, but not great. In the writing at least. The production, acting etc was all brilliant.
Yeah I said that when I first saw it, it's basically what made the whole thing "predictable" for people. Without the flashforwards it would've been a far more satisfying ending, still, they did keep people talking for over the year.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Think how much more amazing those last 4 would've been without us knowing things would go wrong for Walt. Or even little things like not knowing whether Jesse would burn down the White house (which people dismissed instantly because it didn't looked burned in the FF)

And it's not as if their record with flash forwards was good or anything either. The only other instance of it in the show was a massive disappointment.

Anyway, yeah, hindsight.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-the-breaking-bad-finale-all-just-a-fantasy-in-walter-whi

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Another view is that when Walt has left the diner/bar, he's gone to the car and struggled to get away. The cops are surrounding the car, he drops his keys in his lap and falls asleep - and the rest is his fantasy.

I think he's thought too much into it (the guy on the link), but worth a read for those of you interested in that sort of shiz.

kps88

From Breaking Bad to what looks like a detective procedural on CBS. Dam.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think the last 4 episodes were a brilliant way to end the show and didn't feel the flashforward made it any less special. Ozarymendis was still fecking epic and had huge impact. It's just such a well made show.

Claymore

Only just watched the last half of the final series the other night as hate watching one a week and waiting, definitely much better when you watch 2 or 3 in a row. Anyway it was amazing, better than I expected. Managed to totally avoid this thread and stop people I know telling me about it but well worth it.

Great ending how Walt tied up most things he wanted, as much as he could. Was getting worried that the New Hampshire remote location was eating up to much time but it did not fail to deliver. The lasers with Skinny Pete and Badger, making those who claimed he did nothing for the idea of the company pay his money to his family and also getting Jessie out whilst at the same time sorting out Tod and his uncle. Brilliant.

Still think Jessie and Mike, even though he'd been gone a while, were by far the best characters of the show, my two favs anyway. They brought most of the fun bits and Saul although annoying at first, made lots of it too. It didn't get too annoying watching Jessie slip into yet another drug fuelled zombie state because it was always exciting to see how he acted when he woke up again on the other side of it. Hate Walt in the later series but found myself rooting for him a little bit, well in terms of getting those gangsters back who stole his cash anyway. He was still an arse to his family and stuffed up everyone's lives, totally ruining what he set out to do with the initial medical bills payments and sorting his kids futures out but Todd's uncle and gang just flat out stole most of his barrels of money for nothing, what were they thinking! Hank was decent at times, Walts wife was just annoying though all the time, don't think I liked her in any scene, even if she was trying to do good. Was kinda hoping she'd get beaten up or something but not do be, she pretty much gets away with it bar the Walt Junior thing. Glad Lydia got dealt with too.

Excellent show, cracking series. Not just the acting or how it was made but what it was about, drugs and all the meth lab stuff, money laundering and the trip to the dark side. Also with the older teacher and younger student combination it just had the perfect chemistry. Probably enjoyed the series with Gus the most, how they got into their own top facility lab which was secretly stashed in a laundry place, although they still had their issues, Walt with his Fly chasing and Jessie with the usual stuff, they seemed happier at times, getting on with it. The Wire was probably better overall because of size, but this was way more fun in ways.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'd have been happier if Walt would've got off his tits on some of that batch Jesse just cooked and then died with a big grin on his face.

After thinking about it, that's what it was missing for me.

RK

I liked the episode. Here is what I enjoyed:

- The Skyler scene. Understated, but in a good way.
- Wandering into the Schwartz' house.
- The flashback of Walt's party and Isaac inviting him on a drug raid.
- Jack picking up his cigarette.
- The music at the end and the way he died. There were probably a million ways to finally end it but I reckon they picked a good one.

Here is what I wasn't so keen on:

- Walt explicitly telling Lydia about the ricin - as long as the audience knew what happened I don't think he needed to spell it out.
- Jesse's unrealistic morale. I don't think he had anything to live for - he was broken already, struggling to live with himself, then watched as the Nazi's murdered his girlfriend. I think the writers knew this too, causing them to add the carpentry scene in an attempt to persuade us that he does have some hope left. I half expected/hoped that Jesse would pull the trigger on himself when Walt gave him the gun, but I'm still pleased he got away.
- The final nod/look between Jesse and Walt. More for the audience than the story.

Probably the best series I've watched.