Television Breaking Bad

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
There are so many episodes in this series that have literally nothing happening in it. It seems to be more frequent as the show progresses too.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There are so many episodes in this series that have literally nothing happening in it. It seems to be more frequent as the show progresses too.
I find it highly odd how this has a 9.5 on IMDB. It really isn't that special IMO.

WhoDaGOAT

Nah, it's a masterpiece.

I only realised it more with time. I was watching some brilliant compilation videos on YouTube yesterday. Very well done.

The diversity of characters and calibre of acting are top notch. The overall plot, story arc and character development were superbly executed. Good ending also.

WhoDaGOAT

The Wire is massively overhyped on the caf.
The first four seasons are brilliant. The last one is rushed. Parts of Season Two can be slow.

Overall, a very good show and among the greats.

Bunk, Jimmy, Omar, Bubbles, Bodie, Chris and Lester are all brilliant characters.

Mal donaghy

Not sure how Sopranos really gets into that list, a superbly deep show in with a load of "exciting" more flashy shows. I get the the first 2-3 seasons had a very Goodfellas vibe, but the last 50 or so episodes were mostly deep stuff transcending the genre. Odd list, PB and TWD are ehhhh.
I know my list goes through severel Genres, but they are the only like full seasons I have watched ,( although some are still going) they are just the ones I enjoyed is all, I know it's a mixed bag,you see with the sopranos, and breaking bad and most for that matter, I never watched any when they were aired, due to personal reasons I have been on the sick for the past 18 months so I watched a lot of things out of boredom, and got hooked on, watching one after the other, so because of this, when I got to the end of sopranos I was really sad gandolfini had died, so they could never persuade him to make more , great actor.

Norris

Wow, I not watched the complete seasons of Mad Men, BB, Sopranos, The Wire (This is 1st priority atm though), Six Feet Under, West Wing. :nervous:

Out of curiosity, where would the people that watched all the seasons for the above shows rate The West Wing. I really liked it when I caught a few episodes on TV, but was probably not old enough to fully understand it.

Zen

The Wire is massively overhyped on the caf.
This is nothing exclusive to the caf. And it really isn't anyway. With the exception of season 5, it's top, season 2 is nearly perfect.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Wow, I not watched the complete seasons of Mad Men, BB, Sopranos, The Wire (This is 1st priority atm though), Six Feet Under, West Wing. :nervous:

Out of curiosity, where would the people that watched all the seasons for the above shows rate The West Wing. I really liked it when I caught a few episodes on TV, but was probably not old enough to fully understand it.
West wing is ok but at times very cheesy

I wouldn't put it anywhere near the other shows you mentioned

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
1. BB
2. Sopranos
3. Mad Men
4. The Wire
5 . The Shield
6. walking Dead

Forgot 6 feet under. That's in there somewhere too

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is nothing exclusive to the caf. And it really isn't anyway. With the exception of season 5, it's top, season 2 is nearly perfect.
Season 2 has some of the least interesting characters I ever saw, how can anyone find it perfect is beyond me. But yeah, it's not overhyped at all.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

The West Wing was the first show I ever really got hooked on, I remember buying season one on vhs!

For me it'll always be a favourite, so personally I'd put it up there with the very best because I can always put it on and watch a few epsidoes no matter how many times I've seen it through (dozens, literally).

It has its faults, mainly in season 5 after Sorkin left, and can be a little preachy and sentimental, but it's fantastically written and a great great show, with some of the greatest individual episodes of television ever.

Cina

How can anyone possibly have Prison Break as the fourth best show ever? It's an insult to television as a whole. In fact said poster should have all means of watching television taken away for life.

Also people saying The Wire is overrated on the Caf is also dumb. Season by season it's the most highly rated show on metacritic. How can it be overrated on here if it's rated so highly everywhere else too? How is basic logic such a fundamentally difficult concept for some people? And seriously, how is Prison Break the 4th best show ever? I mean really, what the feck is wrong with this place? Why must we endure such folly? Why can I not kill these people without going to prison? Life is so unfair.

Norris

West wing is ok but at times very cheesy

I wouldn't put it anywhere near the other shows you mentioned
Really ? I was quite young at that point to really get a proper grasp on it, but whenever it aired on TV, I was pretty much hooked. I loved the dialogue delivery and the acting. Maybe need to watch it properly from start to finish.
The West Wing was the first show I ever really got hooked on, I remember buying season one on vhs!

For me it'll always be a favourite, so personally I'd put it up there with the very best because I can always put it on and watch a few epsidoes no matter how many times I've seen it through (dozens, literally).

It has its faults, mainly in season 5 after Sorkin left, and can be a little preachy and sentimental, but it's fantastically written and a great great show, with some of the greatest individual episodes of television ever.
Thanks. That's going to my watchlist then.

eggwithsideburns

I started watching it a few weeks ago and have just finished the last episode today. What a brilliant series, my favourite ever by a mile. I feel a bit crap now that its over.

eggwithsideburns

Start on Better Call Saul. You'll be enthralled after the first episode (then spend the next 20 wondering why nothing has happened)
I watched Better Call Saul first :) I really enjoyed it and that's what got me started on Breaking Bad. They are both great programs but Breaking Bad is on another level to everything.