Television Breaking Bad

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You wire fans are just unbelievable. This show is the best ever to grace the television, only matched by Game of Thrones. And the world is so grateful for some collective review and ratings on the sites like IMDB that actually shows the ratings calculated by fans/critics all over the world. No wonder the wire is way below Breaking Bad where it belongs.
People are allowed to have different opinions.

Great show, though. Can remember blasting through most of Season 4 in like a day a good few years back. Edge of the seat stuff.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just don't see the appeal with this show. I've tried three times and my record is making it to the start of season three.

It's just that I can't come to terms with his wife and son, they're so annoying, so very very annoying.

Also he's the dad from Malcolm in the middle.

Havak

Pokemon master
I just don't see the appeal with this show. I've tried three times and my record is making it to the start of season three.

It's just that I can't come to terms with his wife and son, they're so annoying, so very very annoying.

Interesting that you stop there, as it's probably my favourite show of all time and this is when it gets to its best for me. Gus Fring is the best character. Skylar is very annoying, but that's because women are really annoying - especially when they're right!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Interesting that you stop there, as it's probably my favourite show of all time and this is when it gets to its best for me. Gus Fring is the best character. Skylar is very annoying, but that's because women are really annoying - especially when they're right!
Damnit, maybe I should try again....

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You wire fans are just unbelievable. This show is the best ever to grace the television, only matched by Game of Thrones. And the world is so grateful for some collective review and ratings on the sites like IMDB that actually shows the ratings calculated by fans/critics all over the world. No wonder the wire is way below Breaking Bad where it belongs.
Bloody people liking different things, who the hell do they think they are?

Game of Thrones is shit. Dragon shit.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
:lol:

jungledrums

Thanks for your well informed, reasoned opinion. I now realise I’m wrong and that you are correct and breaking bad and imdb are perfect etc.

Just kidding. Moronic comment. All this after I state I fecking love breaking bad, what an idiotic reply :lol:

Kapardin

That's pretty much the point. Skyler pretty much is the normal, nagging kind of wife, annoying to her husband who's undergoing a midlife crisis. Normal people being thrust into such a situation is at the heart of the show.

Bryan Cranston did a cracking job, you have to admit.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
:lol: Ratings on imdb are as pointless as any other online poll. Also, "way below" is a single spot now? The fact that older shows like The Wire and Sopranos are even up there on these things should tell you all you need to know. If you actually check how the users voted you'll see that both Sopranos (4%) and The Wire (5.4%) has a ton of "1" votes compared to the ones you mention (BB (1.8%) and GoT (2.2%)) - wonder why that is. You'll see that GoT and BB has ~5-6 times the votes of Sopranos and The Wire. You can also see that the <18 segment is dragging The Wire down (8.6 average :lol:), while pulling BB (9.7) and GoT (9.6) up. BB and GoT are "winning" this for the same reason Arsenal wins a lot of online polls.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: Ratings on imdb are as pointless as any other online poll. Also, "way below" is a single spot now? The fact that older shows like The Wire and Sopranos are even up there on these things should tell you all you need to know. If you actually check how the users voted you'll see that both Sopranos (4%) and The Wire (5.4%) has a ton of "1" votes compared to the ones you mention (BB (1.8%) and GoT (2.2%)) - wonder why that is. You'll see that GoT and BB has ~5-6 times the votes of Sopranos and The Wire. You can also see that the <18 segment is dragging The Wire down (8.6 average :lol:), while pulling BB (9.7) and GoT (9.6) up. BB and GoT are "winning" this for the same reason Arsenal wins a lot of online polls.
Friends is rated higher than Fawlty Towers.

The prosecution rests.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol:

Norris

Friends is rated higher than Fawlty Towers.

The prosecution rests.
Fawlty Towers was not half bad. Had some brilliant scenes but nowhere as good as people claim it to be though. I found Black Adder better for some reason.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Best show alongside Wire/Mad Men for me. Love GOT too but it's not as good as it used to be whereas those shows held quality more consistently.

Don't get Sopranos.. couldn't finish season 1.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Does it really matter if it was better or worse than Wire or Sopranos? All 3 are top tier shows, everyone will have their personal preference.

Spoony

The People's President
Bloody people liking different things, who the hell do they think they are?

Game of Thrones is shit. Dragon shit.

Yep, Game of Thrones is cringeworthy stuff. Just awful.

Anyway BB is the best I've seen, but I'm yet to see The Wire.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's pretty much the point. Skyler pretty much is the normal, nagging kind of wife, annoying to her husband who's undergoing a midlife crisis. Normal people being thrust into such a situation is at the heart of the show.

Bryan Cranston did a cracking job, you have to admit.
Bryan Cranston is indeed awesome.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I've watched this series the whole way through three times, watching it for a fourth with the missus watching it for her first time now and she's pointing out things that I never realised happened.

Like when Gus brought all the chicken to the hospital after Hank's attack. He did it to distract everyone while Mike poisoned the other twin who had survived... :eek:

That's probably really obvious, especially as you see Mike dropping the keys back in their box, but I genuinely never copped it.

Loublaze

ATLien
I've watched this series the whole way through three times, watching it for a fourth with the missus watching it for her first time now and she's pointing out things that I never realised happened.

Like when Gus brought all the chicken to the hospital after Hank's attack. He did it to distract everyone while Mike poisoned the other twin who had survived... :eek:

That's probably really obvious, especially as you see Mike dropping the keys back in their box, but I genuinely never copped it.
I just binged watched it with my girl who's never seen it. Completed the entire series in 2 weeks! First rewatch for me since it went off air in 2013. Greatest show ever still and I still felt the goosebumps like the first time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just starting this again. You kind of forget how good this show is and it takes you to start to watch it again to realise that it's one of the best TV series ever made. Without a doubt.

Deleted member 101472

Watching it again, still have the same hatred for skylar, Marie and Walt junior.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Acted like a little twat most of the time
He’s obviously challenged and hasn’t exactly got great surroundings. Haven’t watched BB since the summer of 2016 so can’t remember exactly how he was, but at least that’s what I can remember of him.

Tarrou

What changed? I think she plays the part well but the scenes with her sister are infuriating
Not exactly sure, but during the first run I was routing for Walt and she kept trying to ruin all the fun. Second viewing, I guess just knowing that Walt turned out to be a total scumbag I didn’t route for him as much, and it made me sympathize with her more - and you know, she was kinda right the whole time anyway.

She played it well yeah

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hank Isaac Schrader is the best character..

ASAC

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lost interest somewhere around season 4 or 5. No appealing characters left by then. If I want to watch a bunch of murderous assholes driven by greed and ambition going about their business, I can simply watch the news.