Television Breaking Bad

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Lost interest somewhere around season 4 or 5. No appealing characters left by then. If I want to watch a bunch of murderous assholes driven by greed and ambition going about their business, I can simply watch the news.
Oh man, you missed out. The final 4 episodes in particular are outstanding, especially the third from the end (Ozymandias). They wrapped it up really well.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Oh man, you missed out. The final 4 episodes in particular are outstanding, especially the third from the end (Ozymandias). They wrapped it up really well.
It's always there waiting for me, should I find the motivation to get back to it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I watched up until he was in the lab with that fly

Never watched another episode, I just lost interest in it.

Deleted member 101472

Yeah watching this again I now fecking HATE Walt. What a cretin

Deleted member 101472

Just onto season 5 now of the re-watch, and Walt is the biggest pathological liar in the history of TV shows. I actually can't stand him, but what a piece of tv writing that i've literally gotten two different experiences watching the whole thing through twice. Not sure if it was layered that way intentionally but its genius. Some of the opening scenes that appeared so random and weird the first time are brilliant, like the Guy at madrigal tasting the sauces and then killing himself with the AED machine. The episode and the show didn't need it, but they included it and it worked beautifully.

The one thing that sticks out is that Gus was inconsistent with the security measures he would take. He obviously isn't the type of guy to need security with him when in public, but a couple of times he has his goons walk him to his car including from the hospital.

Moiraine

So it turns out, Breaking Bad is ultimately the greatest show ever with a proper ending.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

So it turns out, Breaking Bad is ultimately the greatest show ever with a proper ending. HBO, D&D and GRRM fecked up big time.
I can’t see that image but how about we don’t talk about GOT in other threads when 90%+ of people won’t have seen the last episode.

Moiraine

I can’t see that image but how about we don’t talk about GOT in other threads when 90%+ of people won’t have seen the last episode.
Ok just did the necessary editing.

I am really disappointed.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Really great hearing your thoughts on the last GoT episode in this thread @shahzadi , cheers man!

ffs...

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Great read! For me it's the best TV show of all time. Nothing I have watched has come close to the roller coaster of emotions it brings you through and the addiction of wanting to keep watching more
Could not say it better. Perfect from start to finish.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Fecking hell, just read the interview @Damien posted the link to back in Jan 2018. Very tempted to re-watch BB now. Crazy to think the Fly episode was due to them having already spent their budget and running out of money.

Man of Leisure

Starting to re-watch BB and just finished season 1. Fascinating the things you notice when knowing what Walt turns into. All the signs were there.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Fecking hell, just read the interview @Damien posted the link to back in Jan 2018. Very tempted to re-watch BB now. Crazy to think the Fly episode was due to them having already spent their budget and running out of money.
Yes it was a bottle episode. Even '5 days out' was supposed to be one but they overshot the budget on that one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rewatching this and it’s the gf’s first time. We just watched Ozymandias. She’s very upset and just poured a glass of wine.

Incredible episode.
I feel like I’m mourning Hank all over again.
Noticed so much more on this rewatch as well, pretty much every scene is there for a reason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've given up on the wife watching this so I'll have to go it alone. Mad that I haven't rewatched it again yet.

Man of Leisure

Rewatching this and it’s the gf’s first time. We just watched Ozymandias. She’s very upset and just poured a glass of wine.

Incredible episode.
I feel like I’m mourning Hank all over again.
Noticed so much more on this rewatch as well, pretty much every scene is there for a reason.
That line from Hank to the effect of “Walt you’re the the smartest guy I know, but you’re too stupid to see he made up his mind to kill me 10 minutes ago” is so great and heartbreaking at the same time. What a way to go out. :(

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
That line from Hank to the effect of “Walt you’re the the smartest guy I know, but you’re too stupid to see he made up his mind to kill me 10 minutes ago” is so great and heartbreaking at the same time. What a way to go out. :(
When you watch the audition you realise how good gifted an actor Dean Norris is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't think I appreciated how good Dean Norris was the first time watching. He plays Hank perfectly.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I just go into it now expecting it to be crap. I've avoided everything about it because I like watching things without any expectation.
Majority of reviews from that thread are very good so I just neutralised your opinion. Thank me later.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When you watch the audition you realise how good gifted an actor Dean Norris is.

Dean Norris was made for that role. Never realized he went to Harvard.
I don't think I appreciated how good Dean Norris was the first time watching. He plays Hank perfectly.
The first comment on that video is perfect:
"Hi my name is Hank Schrader and I'm here to audition for the role of Hank Schrader."