Television Breaking Bad

Girish II

Epic show. Gutted Season 3 doesn't start until March. With no dexter, no Prison Break and no Breaking bad, i've succumb to watching The Mentalist.
Watch The Shield instead, 7 seasons in all it's glory. It's in line with Breaking Bad, Dexter etc.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Over a bloody month to go. Grrrr. Had my hopes up then.

kps88

Man I've completely forgotten what happened last season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Man I've completely forgotten what happened last season.
Skylar left Walter and he's sitting in his back yard when two planes collide over Albuquerque due to the air traffic controller being a spaz because his daughter overdosed with Jesse and Walter just watched and let her die

Laphroaig

Ah, looking forward to it. But I watched the previous seasons over a few hectic days, so don't know how well I'll handle only getting to watch one a week.

Lmarco

I really like Breaking bad, looking forward to it as well :) I had forgotten that it'd resume in March

kps88

I just re-watched the last episode in anticipation.

Gambit

Pain in the arse is I've got to wait till tomorrow to get it.

Gambit

Got it, have to wait til tonight to watch it though.

Cina

T'was good.

Slow start really, it's mainly just finishing plots from season 2 and introducing new plots for this season. The intro and ending were both fantastic. Obviously no idea why the hell these 2 guys are after Eisenberg, could be some relation to Hugo from S1 perhaps, or they could just want his meth.

Oh, and Walts speech in the gym was hilarious, I also laughed my arse off at Jesse's reaction to the guy saying "I killed my daughter" for some reason.

Donut

I thought it was shit. But first episodes are like that sometimes.

032Devil

I haven't seen any of these or other popular shows.

I'm well out of touch.

:(

twitter thread suggester
Thought the season premiere was a bit shit, but it has always taken Breaking Bad a couple episodes to really get going.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Thought the season premiere was a bit shit, but it has always taken Breaking Bad a couple episodes to really get going.
Don't agree with that. The pilot episode was immense and grabbed my attention immediately.

The Finale of last season was a bit of a disappointment I felt.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Thought it was a good start. What the feck is going on with those two bald guys?!

I think Walt is going to eventually take the offer of the 3 million

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought it was a good start. What the feck is going on with those two bald guys?!

That's pretty much guaranteed, otherwise there's no real storyline

Biscuit1871

Obviously. But I can't think of reason why he would.

Devilton

Season 3 opener was quite good. Can't wait till they get back to cookin :)

Devilton

Come on, the opening scene was awesome!
The 2 Mexican hitmen are fascinating characters and I'm curious to see just how bad ass they get on the hunt for 'Heisenberg'. They didn't say a word during the entire episode, which sort made me think they were the twin Mexican version of Anton Chigur (from No Country for Old Men).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What was the whole crawling thing about? Had me wtf'ing throughout, though I laughed out loud when the 2 guys got out of the car and then started doing the same :lol:

Devilton

What was the whole crawling thing about? Had me wtf'ing throughout, though I laughed out loud when the 2 guys got out of the car and then started doing the same :lol:
It's a way of showing reverence. When you go and ask for favors from the death god (or whatever that shrine was), you don't go full of pride. Many religions actually have this practice where true believes show their faith by such acts of humility.

I love how surreal it was. The act itself, and also how the regular folk just walked by like there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. Breaking Bad also has a very unique look to it, and a particular tint they use in the scenes which take place in the desert. It's got this orange / gold hue which has a real modern-western feel to it. Some of the scenes feel like they were dreamed up on a really good meth binge (not that I would know what one of those feels like)

Biscuit1871

Come on, the opening scene was awesome!
The 2 Mexican hitmen are fascinating characters and I'm curious to see just how bad ass they get on the hunt for 'Heisenberg'. They didn't say a word during the entire episode, which sort made me think they were the twin Mexican version of Anton Chigur (from No Country for Old Men).
It did have that sort of feel to it.

Gambit

Speculation on the Baldies in s3 As well as excerpts from a Bryan Cranston interview on the actors playing them. Does contain upcoming spoilerish information on s3.

I guess they're hired by Tuco's Uncle/dad whatever he was, the wheelchair guy.
Q: Where did you find those two actors who play the hitmen in the first episode back?

Bryan Cranston: They came through casting in Los Angeles, Daniel and Luis [Moncada], they’re brothers. One had never acted before in his life, which is Danny. Luis has but not as much. He didn’t have as much experience but these guys are the real guys. They have had an opportunity to turn their lives around. We had to cover up some tattoos. Any gang related things we have to cover up, but the tattoos are phenomenal to look at. They’re very visual. On Luis’s eyelids are two words, f*** you. I said to him, “Wow, did that hurt getting that on there?” He said, “No, what hurt was the spoon they had to put underneath the eyelid in order to engrave the tattoo on.” If you can go through that, I know you’re not going to flinch when I blow up this truck. But they’re great, sweet guys. They have found a new purpose in life and they found a home. When a guest cast member leaves or it’s their last shot of the series, there’s an announcement made by one of the Ads and a round of applause, appreciation for their talents and efforts on the show. Of course we did that for both of them separately, and both of them cried. I called them p*ssies. No, they’re absolutely very sweet guys and they play a very, very important role coming up.
Q: And they really didn’t flinch when you blew up the truck.

Bryan Cranston: Because I threatened them. I did, I told them not to. I said, “We can only explode one truck. If you flinch, it screws me completely. You cannot flinch.” So we did a test of it in a drum, a steel drum and I put them, I think they had to be 60 feet away from it. Although, on this shot we used a long lens which compresses the distance so it looks like they were closer. The order to blow up the truck was really given to the special effects guy. We put a line in the sand and he was watching when Luis was out on the far left of the screen. When Luis got to that point, he was able to blow it. I told the guy, “When you see that line and you pass it, it’s going to go. No flinching.” I can’t imagine reshooting that. That would’ve been terrible. So they did it and I told Danny too, I said, “Danny, when you’re walking away, if you think of it and you’re calm, just pull that cigarette back up. Just a nice casual drag as if you’re walking through the park.” This was the guy who’d never acted before. He did a wonderful job. He did it.

Gambit

Also from the same Interview, a major spoiler as to where the Walt/Heisenberg character is going throughout the whole future of the series.
Q: Are you worried at some point the show might get too dark?

Bryan Cranston: The very first time I met with Vince about this was about three years ago. The thing that struck me was he told me he wanted to do something, and I realized after he told me that what he just said has never been done on television, in the history of television. To put on a series where your main character changes from one person to another by the end, he said he wants to take Mr. Chips and turn him into Scarface. So that’s what is going to happen. We are in a transformation. My character is metamorphosizing from one kind of person to another. This has never happened before and that fascinated me. I’m on this journey that you think, I would think going in that I would know where I’m going and I have no idea where I’m going. It’s frightening and exciting at the same time. So we are changing this person. By the end of this season, I imagine if you take him to where you want to take him, that he is going to be a bloodthirsty killer. We’re not playing a game here. I really don’t know what’s going on in his head. It’s good. Not many people do. It is interesting to go on this journey, all of us together, and not really know where the end is.

Q: Even Scarface got to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Would you like to see Walt enjoy himself a little?

Bryan Cranston: Yeah, he certainly feels like he needs a break certainly. The interesting irony is that this man has never been more alive since he got this death sentence. He is a guy now who has the capability of intimidating someone. He’s never felt that as a man. He’s got a pocketful of money. He has adrenaline pumping in his veins and that’s an important thing. It says a lot. He feels important and he feels more virile. There are things I think he wouldn’t change. The question, would you rather live an exciting year and a half or a drab, boring, dull, depressing 20 more years, I don't know. I’m not sure.

robertsoncrusoe

Thinks the mods have too much power..
What's the deal with that eyeball that dropped into his pool from the plane crash? It's rolled under the couch now! they must have something lined up for it later don't you think?