Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
11 players on his team don't seem to think it's a dive but he chooses to blather on about it.

ryansgirl

Is he David Moyes?
That's what I thought as well. Although to be fair it's a bit of an insult to make the comparison as Brendan Rodgers actually took the Liverpool team to a final place last season that was respectable, even more so for the fact that he is inexperienced in managing at this level.

David Moyes had it all set up for himself and messed it up, plunging United's takings downwards through the debacle of no Champions League place and alienating more players and personal plus fans than not. He was a disaster. Brendan Rodgers obviously is feeling the heat and finds it hard to face the media judging by some of his delusional sounding quotes. Relatively speaking he has done better with Liverpool than Moyes did with United.

I actually feel sorry for Rodgers. Liverpool made crucial mistakes in recruiting and not recruiting, and Rodgers has to work within those parameters. His communication skills are getting worse as he feels more under the hammer. Liverpool needs to recruit better and give him another season or get a truly big name in the game and see if that works.

Kostur

海尔的老板
11 players on his team don't seem to think it's a dive but he chooses to blather on about it.
If he didn't spout this bullshit it would be on Steve's shoulders iirc because he's fouled Sanchez there. Plus I assume that he's still pretty hurt that he decided to join you lot instead.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
god he's such an unlikeable person. This is another reason I want them to drop points everywhere. to take that smugness off him.

i read in the paper today, one journo called him a tactical genius for putting Sterling down the middle. Im not tactician but i called that 2 weeks ago, a blind man could have told them to do that!

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
@Archie Leach get in here, you're needed.

What no one is disputing according to Lawman is the domination Liverpool had over Arsenal. Your turn to present your case.
Even under Uncle Roy Liverpool could put it up to the big teams. You even managed to beat Chelsea under his reign. More than Rodgers could do this season. He is running you lot into the ground. Its your worst season for 50 years.

Besides yesterday you only created 4-5 good chances for all the domination. Take out Sterling and Coutinhos cheating with handballs and dives and its even less.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
god he's such an unlikeable person. This is another reason I want them to drop points everywhere. to take that smugness off him.

i read in the paper today, one journo called him a tactical genious for putting Sterling down the middle. Im not tactician but i called that 2 weeks ago, a blind man could have told them to do that!
Woy Hodson played Sterling as a No.10 (in the middle) in Euro too. Tactical genius!

Quilly

Just watched his interview from yesterday. The man is an egomaniac! I have Liverpool supporting mates who are even baffled by some of the shite he comes out with.

Is it all an act? Is this a front he's putting on, or does he genuinely believe hes the best thing since sliced bread? I'm still trying to figure it out.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He is trying to be like Mourinho but he's not so good at it.
Still, looks like he may have Liverpool moving up the table again soon. They are playing pretty well, just not scoring.

Count Orduck

Is it true that Liverpool actually have a "transfer committee" who run the rule over any potential signings and basically do all the selection? If so, I could understand why the new signings might not actually have worked out well, and it's not Rodgers's fault - he didn't choose them!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Is it true that Liverpool actually have a "transfer committee" who run the rule over any potential signings and basically do all the selection? If so, I could understand why the new signings might not actually have worked out well, and it's not Rodgers's fault - he didn't choose them!
there is a comittee, but as i understand it, he's part off it

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Even under Uncle Roy Liverpool could put it up to the big teams. You even managed to beat Chelsea under his reign. More than Rodgers could do this season. He is running you lot into the ground. Its your worst season for 50 years.

Besides yesterday you only created 4-5 good chances for all the domination. Take out Sterling and Coutinhos cheating with handballs and dives and its even less.
Roy never got us to second place. It wasn't 'only' about creating chances, it was also the domination of a team in the last 16 of the CL. Wish we could have reached this level with the other team in the last 16 (Basle) but at least we're there now. Rodgers has finally got his head out of his arse and is doing what he does best, getting the tactics right. Injuries to Johnson and Lovren have helped exponentially.

Play good football for long enough and you'll start winning games. Karma is a bitch but she's not an unfair bitch.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's utterly ridiculous. Tactically inept, all he did was take defenders off and throw on attackers to draw the game 2-2. They "dominated" the game yet were still 2-1 down, because the system (if you could really call it that) was still not working. It was pretty much, "give the ball to sterling" at points. I'm glad he's playing Markovic more, as I think he's getting better by the game, but why he took him off over other players, is crazy.

I genuinely worry for Liverpool, who will see Burnley at home, are a well organised team. Burnley will do the same as arsenal and get 9 men behind the ball every time, frustrate and then try and counter attack, because their defenders haven't got a clue what they're meant to be doing.

On the positives for him, if he actually gets a proper striker in January, he might start winning games, but he's playing a system that's not suited to the resources he has.

Bojan11

He's utterly ridiculous. Tactically inept, all he did was take defenders off and throw on attackers to draw the game 2-2. They "dominated" the game yet were still 2-1 down, because the system (if you could really call it that) was still not working. It was pretty much, "give the ball to sterling" at points. I'm glad he's playing Markovic more, as I think he's getting better by the game, but why he took him off over other players, is crazy.

I genuinely worry for Liverpool, who will see Burnley at home, are a well organised team. Burnley will do the same as arsenal and get 9 men behind the ball every time, frustrate and then try and counter attack, because their defenders haven't got a clue what they're meant to be doing.

On the positives for him, if he actually gets a proper striker in January, he might start winning games, but he's playing a system that's not suited to the resources he has.
I'm sorry, but why the feck would you be genuinely worried for Liverpool?

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
That's what I thought as well. Although to be fair it's a bit of an insult to make the comparison as Brendan Rodgers actually took the Liverpool team to a final place last season that was respectable, even more so for the fact that he is inexperienced in managing at this level.

David Moyes had it all set up for himself and messed it up, plunging United's takings downwards through the debacle of no Champions League place and alienating more players and personal plus fans than not. He was a disaster. Brendan Rodgers obviously is feeling the heat and finds it hard to face the media judging by some of his delusional sounding quotes. Relatively speaking he has done better with Liverpool than Moyes did with United.

I actually feel sorry for Rodgers. Liverpool made crucial mistakes in recruiting and not recruiting, and Rodgers has to work within those parameters. His communication skills are getting worse as he feels more under the hammer. Liverpool needs to recruit better and give him another season or get a truly big name in the game and see if that works.
I don't feel remotely sorry for the odious twat. He is comfortably the most obnoxious manager in the league with his fake love of all things Liverpool, his blindness to his teams' numerous transgressions, his snide little digs and the sheer arrogance of the bloke. Still, not long until he's sacked hopefully.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Zoo

The change to 3-4-3 reminds me of when Martinez used it at Wigan to escape relegation. It'll work for a while but teams will eventually figure it out, love how smug he's been about it this week.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sorry, but why the feck would you be genuinely worried for Liverpool?
I dislike Liverpool, but I genuinely HATE Rodgers. I think I am showing some sympathy for the club really, based on my feelings towards him outweighing that towards Liverpool.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Brendan Rodgers: “Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was just swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up!"
Northern King: “I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.”

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this slow burning meltdown from Rodgers better than Benitez's volcanic "Facts" meltdown?

I actually think Rodgers might end up institutionalised for a short while when it all comes to a head.

OneUnited24

The change to 3-4-3 reminds me of when Martinez used it at Wigan to escape relegation. It'll work for a while but teams will eventually figure it out, love how smug he's been about it this week.
TBH i dont even think it'll take that long to figure out. Just get some wingers in a 433 to keep the width and they'll really be overrun.

The wing backs in a 352, should in theory, be able to either track the winger or tuck into defense. But in a 343 you'd be asking 2 of your midfielders to do that which would really leave you light in the middle.

Bojan11

I dislike Liverpool, but I genuinely HATE Rodgers. I think I am showing some sympathy for the club really, based on my feelings towards him outweighing that towards Liverpool.
Like they were to us with Moyes?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Roy never got us to second place. It wasn't 'only' about creating chances, it was also the domination of a team in the last 16 of the CL. Wish we could have reached this level with the other team in the last 16 (Basle) but at least we're there now. Rodgers has finally got his head out of his arse and is doing what he does best, getting the tactics right. Injuries to Johnson and Lovren have helped exponentially.

Play good football for long enough and you'll start winning games. Karma is a bitch but she's not an unfair bitch.
Not with the defense and goalie Liverpool have. Its always going to cost you points. You still managed to gift Arsenal two goals even with no Lovren.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The thing is the more points they drop the more smug he seems to get.

For example he mentioned in his presser that they were on some kind of great run of results following the defeat to United and the win against Bournemouth.

Thisistheone

Wish we could have reached this level with the other team in the last 16 (Basle) but at least we're there now. Rodgers has finally got his head out of his arse and is doing what he does best, getting the tactics right. .
Let's not get carried away. You've played better lately yet another way of looking at it is Utd didn't get out of 2nd gear and beat you 3-0, while Arsenal put in an awful performance and still a 97th minute equalizer was needed.

You have a nice run of fixtures coming up over the next few weeks so let's see how they go.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Is expecting the team not to be near enough out of contention for 4th by Christmas ridiculously high?

montpelier

I think his 3-4-3** is quite good - it's plays to the strengths they have atm (MF) - gets the best players in the team, protects Stevie even more, gets an extra centre back in

**3-6-1 supporting the 1

problem is out wide and/or getting done on the break, isolation of Raheem = lot of the ball, not doing much with it

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Is expecting the team not to be near enough out of contention for 4th by Christmas ridiculously high?
no. But every match he seems to have the 'monkey of the fans' on his back. His every move is scrutinized...like it is the final decision. Last season weighs so heavily on him and the players....you can see that.

Here is the big fact....he will struggle against the spending power of the Big 3. Honestly..I think he has done OK. Wenger has gone down a bit....but Rodgers comparatively is still a novice....

I think Liverpool will regret it big time if they kick him out soon.

Empire

They're at it again, giving themselves medals for 'dominating' a team that actually made it out of their champions league group and by dominating they mean drawing 2-2.

Back at their standard, praising a manager who lost 3-0 to United, beat Bournmouth and drew 2-2 to Arsenal at home for 'getting his tactics right.'

Status
Not open for further replies.