Brentford

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Will be interesting to see how they do in the PL this season as an attack-minded team and analytics-heavy, data-driven club. Looked good today but then they wouldn't be the first soon-to-be-relegated side to start well.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
They will finish nearer to mid table than last place.

I know a lot about how they operate behind the scenes and they are very well run from a footballing perspective.

Robbie Boy

I've really enjoyed watching them under Thomas Frank, and it'll be intriguing to see how they fare in the PL

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

I know a lot about how they operate behind the scenes and they are very well run from a footballing perspective.
Matthew Benham uses lots of analytics for Brentford, doesn't he?

Amazing start for them but they left an awful lot of gaps that a half decent attack would exploit. They gave Arsenal far too many opportunities to create something.

I think their gung ho attitude will keep them up but they could have a couple of proper thrashings along the way. I hope they stay up. Better to have them than one of the boring yo yo clubs.

Skills

Snitch
They seem like the type of club who are run by a load of people who wear turtleneck sweaters. One of a kind.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
They looked very sharp against us and I think they will do well, positive football and fairly decent squad and manager, they will be aiming as high as TOP12th finish. Watford, Norwich, Crystal Palace/Newcastle to go down this year. Soton will edge it.

the chameleon

Fair play to them. Growing up in west London, we had Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham and QPR. My closest locally was Brentford. Good to see them do well. Funny seeing the amount of Brentford fans coming out of the woodwork.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Fair play to them. Growing up in west London, we had Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham and QPR. My closest locally was Brentford. Good to see them do well. Funny seeing the amount of Brentford fans coming out of the woodwork.
Price of success isn't it - I remember being in Griffin Park with crowds of a couple of thousand getting smashed in League Two, it's been quite a journey...

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Amazing start for them but they left an awful lot of gaps that a half decent attack would exploit. They gave Arsenal far too many opportunities to create something.

I think their gung ho attitude will keep them up but they could have a couple of proper thrashings along the way. I hope they stay up. Better to have them than one of the boring yo yo clubs.
Yeah I see that happening too but we are here to play our football and like tonight might cause some great shocks along with getting a few thrashings.

BarstoolProphet

Really like the look of this team. They were good against us aswell. They need Toney to stay injury free though, he is some presence up front. Cool stadium built for acoustics, good atmosphere, some interesting players and a potential hipster manager. Overall a very nice debut in the top flight. Maybe they can moneyball themselves into Europe?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I like them. I was literally clapping and cheering for them when they scored. Hope they stay up this year.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
It was absolutely rocking in the stadium tonight - to say I am buzzing after that is an understatement. What a perfect introduction into the Premier League, I think I'll enjoy this :)

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Really like the look of this team. They were good against us aswell. They need Toney to stay injury free though, he is some presence up front. Cool stadium built for acoustics, good atmosphere, some interesting players and a potential hipster manager. Overall a very nice debut in the top flight. Maybe they can moneyball themselves into Europe?
It's not Moneyball ;)

Fussball13251

They have alot of fighting spirit but they are not Leeds just because Arsenal made them look world class that doesn't mean they won't struggle.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That's the thing exactly - wins get you three points and thrashings don't get you less points than dragging out a 1-0 loss. So if their style gives them regular wins, they're very likely to do better in the league than a defensive side that won't get thrashed and manages more draws but fewer wins.

ghagua

They play some wonderful football. Was impressed with them we Utd played the friendly with them. They may end up doing well and could finish midtable.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They'll definitely get relegated.

Alemar

Will be one of the toughest away games in the season.
No, I don’t think: playing attacking football against Man Utd wouldn’t yield benefits for them, our counters may be devastating vs their defence. I guess @el diablorojo would agree

That said, they will of course punish quite a few other teams, and it’s highly likely they will finish closer to mid-table. I would think around 11-13 position

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Always good to see a new club have a crack in the pl rather than the same old yoyo clubs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Always good to see a new club have a crack in the pl rather than the same old yoyo clubs.
The parachute payments will make these more and more rare in the future, there may aswell be no relegation with how it gets rewarded.

Castia

Seems like a brilliant run small club. Brand new stadium etc 17000 fans sounding like 75000 I hope they have a good season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I can't wait to see this thread when they get a point or three against us: 'Who the fecking feck are Brentford anyway?! fecking formerly pub at each corner cnuts!'

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
No, I don’t think: playing attacking football against Man Utd wouldn’t yield benefits for them, our counters may be devastating vs their defence. I guess @el diablorojo would agree

That said, they will of course punish quite a few other teams, and it’s highly likely they will finish closer to mid-table. I would think around 11-13 position
Yeah I don't think there are any fans who aren't expecting one or two proper beatings given the way we play but we won't change that. For me the only way to survive and potentially thrive is with positive aggressive football.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I hope your wrong but I don't think you are.
It's why I couldn't get on board with the super league outrage even if I didn't want it.

The PL, top half of the Championship and UCL are forms of super leagues with how closed a shop it is.

CM

Good to see Brentford doing well. They're my local team and this promotion has been a long time coming.

As they were saying on Sky last night, it's refreshing to see a team which isn't full of the usual suspects that have been up and down the leagues several times.

I've seen a few comparisons to Leeds of last season which would be a tough ask, but the Bournemouth route of doing well in their first season while playing some football looks very possible.

Ekeke

The parachute payments will make these more and more rare in the future, there may aswell be no relegation with how it gets rewarded.
Disagree. Teams have been promoted without having the financial backing of some of the other clubs. Likewise there have been premier league clubs who get relegated and have had parachute payments in the past and didnt come straight back up.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Disagree. Teams have been promoted without having the financial backing of some of the other clubs. Likewise there have been premier league clubs who get relegated and have had parachute payments in the past and didnt come straight back up.
They have been but it's becoming more and more rare. In the top 10 last season you only had Brentford and Barnsley (and even the latter had their manager poached by a big cat) that haven't been in the PL recently. In the last ten years there's only been four PL first timers, even the likes of Birmingham can't financially compete with the teams that keep coming back and forth. We may occasionally get a well run club get there through good management, patience and good recruitment ala Brentford but dreamer clubs like Colchester (who made a big play off push in the 00s but ultimately missed out) or Blackpool (who actually did make it) happening again? Forget it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah they'll stay up. Scoring from the long throw v Arsenal in red and white kit reminded me of Stoke but they've obviously got far more to their game. Toney worked very hard last night, early goal and he should hit 10-15. Rico Henry was outstanding aswell, watched him come through at Walsall six years ago so he'll be making the England squad at some point this season.

Can certainly be one of those promoted teams that make home ground very difficult for away teams. Can see them being on around 20-25 points by xmas and then clinging on a bit towards end of season but think them and Watford will be o.k.

They remind me a bit of when Bournemouth came up and they stopped in prem for five seasons so think it's possible.