g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

I don't treaty many polls with much significance/credibility in the present atmosphere but this does at least suggest that Johnson's humiliating failure with his 'do or die' pledge to secure Brexit by the end of the month is going to harm him come an election.
Not sure I'd trust that, the swing from CON to LAB seems a bit overboard.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

I don't treaty many polls with much significance/credibility in the present atmosphere but this does at least suggest that Johnson's humiliating failure with his 'do or die' pledge to secure Brexit by the end of the month is going to harm him come an election.
I don’t buy that. As long as he gets a date not long after, they’ll quickly forget about the Oct 31st do or die nonsense. Just like they did with March 29th.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

That poll is also a week out of date now... And as the saying goes a week is a long time in politics

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.n.../mh2qgto87a/TheTimes_191021_VI_Trackers_w.pdf

That has conservatives on 37 and labour on 22 with Brexit on 11...

I think Things can move a lot between now and December 12 (or another date) ... If the brexit party stand everywhere or not will.perhaps play a big part in the outcome ... And I still wouldn't be shocked to see a non aggression pact between brexit and conservatives (provided Boris promices nigel.a cushy number when his EU gravy train runs dry)

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Won't volutility in some seats were Brexit is a big deal one way or another be where this election is won and lost - tactical voting could be very important.

nickm

It would be a travesty if an election was fought on a party's Brexit stance only.
Since brexit is all anyone has been talking about recently, completely dominates political thinking, and is behind a visible once in a generation realignment, you’d be lucky if the election is about anything else.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If Labour had formed an honest policy on Brexit sometime over the last three and half years it wouldn't be a problem for them. Much as I don't like the Tories they would be stupid not to take electoral advantage of it.
The fact there is anything to take advantage of makes me think my country of birth is doomed.

Smores

I agree with Baldrick.

The fact the government are out today saying to the media that they won't put anything to parliament including what was in the queen speech unless Labour agree to a GE because his deal MIGHT get amendments is pathetic.

They're essentially saying if we can't just pass everything we want then we won't bother governing. I mean why bother with parliament

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Government on strike. I have never heard anything like that in my life.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Labor will try but BoJo and his merry band of Brexiteers won't let them.
It's not a given. Theresa May tried to have a Brexit election but she got railroaded because people's lives don't revolve around Brexit.

It disgusts me that everywhere I go, even at my kids nursery there's a collection for the local foodbank. I just can't see how this country can vote Tory!

Flying high

I mean that's not going to happen is it?
Of course not. The EU don't want to be responsible for a no deal. Paul the wolf just likes to attack Corbyn constantly and, I have to say, doesn't appear to let facts get in the way.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I'm at a point where I think the best thing that can happen for the country (if there's not another referendum) is a GE and a hung parliament. It woulf force the shower we have elected to work with each other.

Smores

The only way no deal gets ‘taken off the table’ though is either by passing a deal or revoking A50. Otherwise Corbyn will be waiting a long time.
I've not heard anyone say permanently off the table just for the interim to allow an election.

Unfortunately this deal doesn't take no deal impacts off the table. If people vote Tory in the election they're voting for a WTO brexit by default

Rooney24

EU delays decision on Extension until after Mondays vote in the Commons on an election.

Honest John

See Brain of Britain Corbyn is insisting on ruling out no deal - if the EU don't reply, you're out mate.
That has nothing whatsoever to do with Corbyn wanting to protect the UK from an economic crash and everything to do with the fact that if BJ takes no-deal off the table the Brexit party will split the Tory vote.