Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maticmaker

Even more reason not to inflict avoidable damage on the economy when it is already reeling from Covid. It can go one of two ways - either Johnson uses Covid as an excuse for, as a minimum, extending transition and then possibly striking an inevitably concession-filled deal with the EU or he goes for no deal hoping he can blame all the pain on Covid.
I'd go for second option from Boris!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
"This time next year we will all be ...."
Paul neither side seems concerned about next year, getting through Covid is the big thing and that's now!

By the way who is going to lend trillions of euros directly to the EU, without cast iron agreements from member states on repayment, IMF? What will that do to their balance sheet and their ability to help places like Lebanon?
The whole world is affected by Covid and every country in the whole world has to deal with the consequences but to add to it the UK are also leaving at the most inconvenient time for them. It's less than five months away.
Despite Covid happening now , trading is still taking place , shipments are still being made, lorries are still delivering goods, the new customs restrictions and new regulations are not yet in place, "normal" life, excluding Covid restrictions , continues but next year you will probably have both to deal with. It's not one or the other .

Maticmaker

Covid is the game changer, even and especially for Brexit, nothing will be exactly as it was before...tried getting a face to face appointment at your local GP lately, small bars and restaurants are finished, card payments only now in many shops, stores, etc? Its happening now in a city, town or village near you.
Wonder why they haven't sent out the Season tickets for 2021 season yet?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Covid is the game changer, even and especially for Brexit, nothing will be exactly as it was before...tried getting a face to face appointment at your local GP lately, small bars and restaurants are finished, card payments only now in many shops, stores, etc? Its happening now in a city, town or village near you.
Wonder why they haven't sent out the Season tickets for 2021 season yet?
So because we currently find it hard to get a doctors appointment, and we are currently being asked politely to use out cards brexit will be a disaster? It couldn't possible be because brexit itself is a deluded act of self sabotage that will hurt this country bad regardless of whether things are going well or not?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So the things that the Remain campaign warned would happen were all just fear mongering, except they are happening but it's because of an entirely different reason? K.

Berbasbullet

So the things that the Remain campaign warned would happen were all just fear mongering, except they are happening but it's because of an entirely different reason? K.
Haven't you read?! It would have been fine if we didn't have to use card payments! God damn those card machines!

Maticmaker

Getting the excuses in early. If it wasn't Covid it'd be the weather or some such shite.
I'm afraid your blithering on here, are you saying Covid hasn't, or will not make a difference, Brexit or no Brexit?

So because we currently find it hard to get a doctors appointment, and we are currently being asked politely to use out cards brexit will be a disaster? It couldn't possible be because brexit itself is a deluded act of self sabotage that will hurt this country bad regardless of whether things are going well or not?
Sorry, think you need to join FXL5 in the blithering section, I was referring to the effects of Covid that are happening right now, irrespective of Brexit; as I keep being told by @Paul the Wolf we will not find out about the effects of Brexit until next year

PS Lots of people have real difficulties with doctor appointments and many people do not have 'cards', but I don't suppose you know anyone like that do you?

Berbasbullet

I'm afraid your blithering on here, are you saying Covid hasn't, or will not make a difference, Brexit or no Brexit?

Sorry, think you need to join FXL5 in the blithering section, I was referring to the effects of Covid that are happening right now, irrespective of Brexit; as I keep being told by @Paul the Wolf we will not find out about the effects of Brexit until next year

PS Lots of people have real difficulties with doctor appointments and many people do not have 'cards', but I don't suppose you know anyone like that do you?
Yes you’re going on about covid in the brexit thread and listing things that won’t be really that relevant to brexit, and regardless of covid brexit is a disaster, don’t forget it was sold to us as a way to improve our lives.

I dont appreciate that last bit, you don’t know me and know nothing about who I know, no need for that mate.

Maticmaker

I dont appreciate that last bit, you don’t know me and know nothing about who I know, no need for that mate.
That's true I don't know you and if the comments were offensive to you then I apologize, its just that your comments about doctors appointments and use of cards read to me as being somewhat condescending, as these were only an inconvenience, when for many people (I know) they are real problem they have to deal with daily! :)

Berbasbullet

That's true I don't know you and if the comments were offensive to you then I apologize, its just that your comments about doctors appointments and use of cards read to me as being somewhat condescending, as these were only an inconvenience, when for many people (I know) they are real problem they have to deal with daily! :)
No worries! :angel:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Liz Truss ladies and gentlemen...

Stilton drives wedge between UK-Japan Brexit deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53737388
Negotiate a really shit deal, chuck a dead cat on the floor (in this case, a special deal for blue cheese), and relax safe in the knowledge that nobody will pay attention to how shit the deal is.

This Tory party seem to have a strategy that revolves around acting like clowns in front of the crowd to divert your attention away from the circus tent being on fire as one of their mates is nicking the extinguishers.

Paul the Wolf

Liz Truss ladies and gentlemen...

Stilton drives wedge between UK-Japan Brexit deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53737388
Don't think Japan are too keen on British cheese. They even import more than 20 times more from Germany and far far more from the countries located nearer to them geographically, hint , hint. Does anyone even like Stilton outside the UK.

At least she makes Chris Grayling look good.

Paul the Wolf

Do many people like Stilton inside the UK. Some obviously do but it tastes like mud to me.
I love blue cheese but don't like stilton.
The cheddar we buy in France is made in France and is very nice.

I even bought a Seriously Strong Cheddar spread in the UK a few years ago and found that was also made in France.

I think Stilton's the only protected name in British cheese, all the rest of "British" cheeses are made in all corners of the world.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Don't think Japan are too keen on British cheese. They even import more than 20 times more from Germany and far far more from the countries located nearer to them geographically, hint , hint. Does anyone even like Stilton outside the UK.

The whole point is that it is a part of negotiations that is barely worth anything.

She will make out like it is this amazing victory when inevitably we get a better deal than the EU on Stilton cheese. “Look at all these amazing deals for British farmers”
meanwhile the rest of the deal worth infinitely more will be poor for the UK. But it won’t be noticed.

Paul the Wolf

The whole point is that it is a part of negotiations that is barely worth anything.

She will make out like it is this amazing victory when inevitably we get a better deal than the EU on Stilton cheese. “Look at all these amazing deals for British farmers”
meanwhile the rest of the deal worth infinitely more will be poor for the UK. But it won’t be noticed.
Oh yes, for sure.

I saw in one of the comments on the BBC site which was clearly from a die-hard Brexiter who's convinced the deal could be worth £45bn , maybe it is but it's the total and most of it is Japan selling to the UK so Japan won't have tariffs on their goods.

You're forgetting, though, that all Brexiters are now international trade experts. The narrative and lies can only go so far though, it's when the reality starts hitting home it's going to be really bad for a lot of people.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Oh yes, for sure.

I saw in one of the comments on the BBC site which was clearly from a die-hard Brexiter who's convinced the deal could be worth £45bn , maybe it is but it's the total and most of it is Japan selling to the UK so Japan won't have tariffs on their goods.

You're forgetting, though, that all Brexiters are now international trade experts. The narrative and lies can only go so far though, it's when the reality starts hitting home it's going to be really bad for a lot of people.
They are like addicts who puts their entire weekly disposable income into slot machines every week and then treat the one day, every few months, where they actually come out on top as a major victory.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Blue cheeses are my favourites, Rocquefort, danish blue, Cabrales, Gorgonzola, etc.. I like to pester my kitchen with rocquefort sauce vapors. Stilton is the only one I can't stand

Abizzz

They are like addicts who puts their entire weekly disposable income into slot machines every week and then treat the one day, every few months, where they actually come out on top as a major victory.
That's a great analogy.

Maticmaker

Do many people like Stilton inside the UK. Some obviously do but it tastes like mud to me.
Sounds like lots of people on here are 'cheesed-off' with this story....well then again it is August!
Stilton, eh? Father-in-law use to love it, I cant stand it, perhaps Liz can get the Japanese to take more of the 'blue lightning' stuff off our hands?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I love cheese. I've eaten Stilton but don't out of choice any more.

I'm more in to flavoured and plain cheddar and a nice bit of Port Salut.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It seems that Brexit doesn't matter as long as everyone can get their own cheese of preference.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is there anything good about Brexit at this point? Seems like it’s going to set the UK back decades.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ater-down-river-cleanliness-rules-james-bevan

Let's put the idea to bed that Brexit is going to somehow be good for the environment.
There has always been a leftist argument for leaving the EU.... But I found it pretty irrelevant as they weren't the ones setting the discourse and continue to play absolutely no part whatsoever in setting the discourse or path we're taking now.

The argument he offers doesn't even make sense. Some urban rivers will never achieve good status... So? How about all of the others?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is there anything good about Brexit at this point? Seems like it’s going to set the UK back decades.
Long term, who knows how things will turn out? It's difficult to know how things will go and I imagine few would have predicted the current state of Israel/Taiwan/ Singapore for instance at the times of their respective seismic political events.

Short to medium term, I'm struggling to see any real positive if I'm honest but then I guess I'm not the target demographic.

Virgil

Did anyone really think Bojo and his band of evil clowns give a shit about the environment?

Comments like this truely make me laugh. Do the tossers in power in Australia mining the heck out of the earth give any more of a shit about the environment. I reckon we could level the charge against all nations. It will require the global youth to take over before there is the remotest possibility of any real change and even then I would not be surprised if like every generation before Self interest pushes environmental concerns to the bottom of the pile. And yes I have a jaundiced view of mankind but I do object to holier than thou attitudes.....who was it said something about ‘casting the first stone’

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
wasn't there a poster here arguing that point, very long ago (before the vote)? i'm trying and failing to remember the username.
finneh was. Also claimed stuff like it'll be good for poorer countries in Africa and such cause Britain won't exploit them like the EU does. Makes sense, sure when have the British ever exploited anyone for their own gain..