Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Will sandwiches smuggling will become a new black market thing in UK now? I imagine people carrying sandwiches in fake luggage compartiments.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Hmmm... most people rent on holiday so that won’t work. These sneaky hire companies just whip it right off your CC.

If you take your own car it’ll likely end up blacklisted in that country so... worth it?
Ah yep, I got a ticket in Austria passed on by the rental company.
As you were, no benefits...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Has anybody on here pointed out that apparently the reason the UK has the vaccine first is because of Brexit?

That's quite a big win.

Some proper moaning on here.
Has anyone pointed out that that statement is factually incorrect?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The forum is an echo chamber for the current opposition party. Was making him aware if he wasn't already.
I think you will find that many in here think Labor are just less terrible. The least worst option. Lets face it a pack of rabid stoats on acid could do a better job that BoJo and his evil clown posse.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

tombombadil

Wow, the fisheries minister couldn't even be bothered. No wonder they got such a good deal. :lol:

Fisheries minister did not read Brexit bill as she was busy at nativity
PM stands by Victoria Prentis over admission she was too ‘busy’ to read deal, as SNP calls for resignation

Asked if her jaw had dropped when she saw the deal with the EU on Christmas Eve, Prentis told the Lords EU environment subcommittee: “No, the agreement came when we were all very busy on Christmas Eve, in my case organising the local nativity trail.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ot-reading-brexit-bill-as-she-was-at-nativity

Abizzz

Wow, the fisheries minister couldn't even be bothered. No wonder they got such a good deal. :lol:

PM stands by Victoria Prentis over admission she was too ‘busy’ to read deal, as SNP calls for resignation

Asked if her jaw had dropped when she saw the deal with the EU on Christmas Eve, Prentis told the Lords EU environment subcommittee: “No, the agreement came when we were all very busy on Christmas Eve, in my case organising the local nativity trail.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ot-reading-brexit-bill-as-she-was-at-nativity
I mean Brexit hardly even touches on fishing, farming and food. Can't really blame her when christmas is central to all three!

FireballXL5

Can you imagine the reaction if that had been Diane Abbott? Of course, this will be glossed over like everything else, while Brexit continues to suck the lifeblood out of the country.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I didn't even know their was a fisheries minister. Tbf did it matter if she read it or not? Hardly likely to go this is a shit deal, we can't have this was she. In fact I'm surprised that they the Tories are backing her and haven't seized on this as a great opportunity to scapegoat someone for it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Exactly, which *may* suggest it is linked to us having more authority to govern ourselves?

Just one or two, or 50
Again. No, it’s nothing to do with brexit. The U.K. it any other country could still choose to do their own thing. The U.K. chose to gamble and accelerate the process rather than wait

Exactly, which *may* suggest it is linked to us having more authority to govern ourselves?
My God you’re continuing?

Why the feck didn’t the US, the place it was made, approve it then? EU stop them?

Why didn’t Aus, Japan, Canada, NZ? EU again?

feck me, the UK gambled, before everyone, not just Europe man. And any country in the World had that legal right. No doubt the UK being one of the worst hit countries in the World per capita, and the worst hit economy in Europe (I think that’s right?) is the reason for the panicked decision to go ahead with every vaccine asap.

Australia actually looks like rejecting the Oxford AZ vaccine.

YAMS49

I think you will find that many in here think Labor are just less terrible. The least worst option. Lets face it a pack of rabid stoats on acid could do a better job that BoJo and his evil clown posse.
Maybe, there's no doubt which way the forum leans though politically. It's very obvious. But no harm in that at all, all about opinions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Let's say it this way. You are trying to argue that someone choosing to go to McDonalds has more authority to govern himself than someone that decided to go to Burger King.

Hughes35

Let's say it this way. You are trying to argue that someone choosing to go to McDonalds has more authority to govern himself than someone that decided to go to Burger King.
I literally haven't argued anything. I have no opinion either way.

JPRouve

Scout
I literally haven't argued anything. I have no opinion either way.
You think that people are illiterate? You literally argued that the UK authorized the vaccine sooner due to Brexit and even tried to provide a source, in your response to my post you tried to insinuate that the UK had more authority to govern themselves on that topic.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hey guys, I'm a totally impartial and unbiased outsider but let me argue the same point continuously.

NinjaFletch

I swear half the posts in this thread are people who have posted pro-Brexit talking points pretending that they never actually believed it but it's just 'something that some people are saying'.

Smores

I swear half the posts in this thread are people who have posted pro-Brexit talking points pretending that they never actually believed it but it's just 'something that some people are saying'.
Wait...you mean they're actually Brexiteers :eek:

Brexit is so good that 95% of them need to pretend they didn't vote for it. That's despite fecking winning as well.

JPRouve

Scout
Pretty sure I read that Canada used the same procedure and approved Pifzer shortly after the UK. Bahrain approved it before Canada too, although I'm not sure how they approved it.
Not really. The UK, Canada and the EMA all used the rolling review as process, the difference is that the UK decided to review less data before approving the vaccine because they liked what they saw in the ones that were submitted. As far as I know no one did that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's always been that way.

They usually start with "I voted remain but..." followed by a load of gibberish as to why they actually voted to leave.

I can kinda get it because most of the forum are so vehemently remain but it's still funny.

Hughes35

You think that people are illiterate? You literally argued that the UK authorized the vaccine sooner due to Brexit and even tried to provide a source, in your response to my post you tried to insinuate that the UK had more authority to govern themselves on that topic.
I just posted an article mate. Didn't say if I agreed with it or not.

Unlike most people on this thread I don't pretend to be an expert in everything.