Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What I find interesting is that 65% or 56% (can't remember) of people in NI voted to remain. That means a sizable number of Unionists envisaged NI been thrown under the bus. How can this cnut be complaining?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I bet JRM’s wife has been growing out her back garden for years
Nasty imagery. Allow me to make it worse by saying that JRM seems like a "pop it through the gap in his pyjamas" kind of guy.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Rationing could please those Brexiteers who still think they're in WW2. (Even though they weren't originally)
There is certainly some with that mentality. In particular those stupid enough to read the dire, dreaded, depressing DM.
But remember. Don't mention the War. You may have just about got away with it... because some will focus on Rationing and the B word.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Is that a serious possibility?
Not as clear as @Ramshock thinks but it’s probably an idea that’s closer than it was before. People are very pissed off with brexit and thinking is slowly starting to hit people that it was an English idea for England, and that Boris and his mates couldn’t give two hoots about NI.
On the other hand there’s still a lot of entrenched people on both sides of the border for various reasons including the enormous headache of economy, NHS and civil service

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Not as clear as @Ramshock thinks but it’s probably an idea that’s closer than it was before. People are very pissed off with brexit and thinking is slowly starting to hit people that it was an English idea for England, and that Boris and his mates couldn’t give two hoots about NI.
On the other hand there’s still a lot of entrenched people on both sides of the border for various reasons including the enormous headache of economy, NHS and civil service
I didnt say it was clear I just said its a real possibility

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The empty market shelves would be down to supermarkets still relying on GB suppliers. Threats of violence presumably due to the customs border in the Irish Sea by pro British supporters.
The alternative was no Brexit or a land border.

Probably the people threatening the violence also voted for Brexit, the DUP and supporters?
:lol: of course they fecking did. If the choice was A. Cut off your legs and remain as British as possible or B. Have £50 grand each and call yourself Irish they would have the hacksaws out quicker than you can say lundy.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
:lol: of course they fecking did. If the choice was A. Cut off your legs and remain as British as possible or B. Have £50 grand each and call yourself Irish they would have the hacksaws out quicker than you can say lundy.
Yes I know, and the unelected bureaucrat, Frosty boy, will be using them again shortly to try to cover his incompetence.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/STATEMENT_21_4586

We take note of the UK ministerial statement regarding the operation of the Protocol on the current basis, including the continuation of existing grace periods.

We continue to stress that the Withdrawal Agreement is an international agreement. The Protocol is an integral part of the Withdrawal Agreement and the agreed solution between the UK and the EU to the problems caused by Brexit for the island of Ireland. Both sides are legally bound to fulfil their obligations under the Agreement.

Our focus remains on identifying long-term, flexible and practical solutions to address issues related to the practical implementation of the Protocol that citizens and businesses in Northern Ireland are experiencing. However, we will not agree to a renegotiation of the Protocol. The Commission continues to engage constructively with the UK, in the interest of all communities in Northern Ireland.

Our approach to the Protocol is based on the achievement of stability, certainty and predictability in line with the objectives of the Good Friday (Belfast) Agreement and in order to protect the Single Market. In this way, businesses and citizens in Northern Ireland will reap the full benefits of the Protocol and, in particular, the access to the Single Market it provides.

The Commission reserves its rights in respect of infringement proceedings. At present, the Commission is not moving to the next stage of the infringement procedure launched in March 2021, and is not opening any new infringements for now.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Three are reintroducing roaming charges to the EU following EE and Vodafone who did it a while back. Sure we were told this wouldn't happen both in this thread and in the press...

Three brings in EU roaming charges and ends global scheme - BBC News
Surprised with three I must be honest, as they had loads of free roaming destinations even outside the EU.

Still, yet another benefit!

Use free internet-based comms such as Whatsapp or Signal. free and secure.
Just saw this in the comments :lol: .

Balljy

Surprised with three I must be honest, as they had loads of free roaming destinations even outside the EU.

Still, yet another benefit!

Just saw this in the comments :lol: .
:lol: I'm intrigued how they're planning to get mobile internet without roaming charges

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: I'm intrigued how they're planning to get mobile internet without roaming charges
Wifi? Depending on where you are you can have access to free public wifi. One of my local mall has it, so in theory you could sit on a bench and phone whoever you want with Whatsapp, for the entire day.

Balljy

Wifi? Depending on where you are you can have access to free public wifi. One of my local mall has it, so in theory you could sit on a bench and phone whoever you want with Whatsapp, for the entire day.
Well, yes you can use wifi where it's available. It's not convenient if you're in a car travelling or moving around while messaging or talking though. In the UK I rarely use wifi out and about because it's too sporadic.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like a great plan to spend your days while on holiday :D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sounds like a great plan to spend your days while on holiday :D
I mean I don't like or spend time calling or texting and I don't really like shopping too. But if people are so desperate for free eternal phone calls, there are cheap ways.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I travelled solo for 3 years without a cell phone and small laptop in case i need to research my trip and others. In 2012 you could find wifi everywhere. Mcdonalds, starbucks, malls libraries even areas in cities. Not a ptoblem if you need connectivity. Also you can always pay 2 GB sim card on arrival. Whatsapp is not linked to the SIM