Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

Paul the Wolf

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...d-passport-barred-from-flight-brexit-rules-eu

‘I was in tears’: Briton with valid passport barred from flight over Brexit rules

Experts say it is vital to check you meet EU requirements, or you could risk losing your holiday
How can you not know that the passport had to be issued less than 10 years previously? There are many other conditions which she was probably also unaware of.
Can't wait for the Entry/Exit System to be introduced. It's going to be hilarious.

Paul the Wolf

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
To be fair, I've not noticed any shortages recently.
Im not saying that there are extreme shortages but it seems that there are some as they report. What im saying about the nonsense is claiming those shortages 2 weeks ago for europe being so cold and now because is too hot. Never because brexit. And i cant see ever in the press of my country that there is any shortages of anything or any problems for produce due to cold or hot.

That is the nonsense

Dan_F

How can you not know that the passport had to be issued less than 10 years previously? There are many other conditions which she was probably also unaware of.
Can't wait for the Entry/Exit System to be introduced. It's going to be hilarious.
It’s really not hilarious for the millions of people left in the UK who wanted nothing to do with Brexit from day one. I’m not sure I knew anything anything about the 10 year thing, I assumed you just got a fresh 10 years when you renewed it.

Paul the Wolf

It’s really not hilarious for the millions of people left in the UK who wanted nothing to do with Brexit from day one. I’m not sure I knew anything anything about the 10 year thing, I assumed you just got a fresh 10 years when you renewed it.
The new system that comes into operation, probably later this year, was partly developed together with the British government before Brexit. This will involve people getting fingerprinted and photographed so all third country (including the UK)visitor's details will enter an EU database.

That is separate from the 10 year passport issue. The Uk government, in their wisdom, added any remaining months on an old Uk passport to a new one so if you renewed your passport six months early they gave the new passport a vailidity of 10 years and six months. Unfortunately the rest of the world do not abide by UK rules.

Even my French ID card which is valid for 15 years is only valid for 10 years for travel to certain countries within the EU.

As neither the Tories nor Labour did sufficient to try to explain why Brexit would be a complete disaster you can blame both of them. (Mainly because they had no idea themselves). Nobody who voted for Brexit had the slightest idea what they were voting for. Even the most racist bigoted moron didn't get what they thought they would get and never could get it.

In the meantime since Brexit, nobody dared mention Brexit. Furthermore there are many more things to come. At the next GE the Tories will carry on with their nonsense or Starmer will try to make Brexit work. It can't. Somebody should do something before it gets even worse.

People think Brexit is done, it has only just begun.

Bert_

It's done, get over it.
That's what they've been trying to do. Turns out the mountain is harder to get over than first thought.

It's almost like these things are quite complex and require a bit of thought before going gung-ho.

Balljy

Abizzz

Alastair Campbell being his brilliant self.

I love how brexiteers always question whether other brexiteers are as pure a brexiteer as themselves. May they continue to exist in their pitiful state for eternity (had hoped they'd go back to teleshopping for the first few years). Hopefully the rest of you can move on at some point.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Alastair Campbell being his brilliant self.

I love how brexiteers always question whether other brexiteers are as pure a brexiteer as themselves. May they continue to exist in their pitiful state for eternity (had hoped they'd go back to teleshopping for the first few years). Hopefully the rest of you can move on at some point.
It's proper cultist, they didn't believe hard enough and aren't brexiteers, closer to a religion.

Paul the Wolf

That woman is so clueless - as are all Brexiteers.
Although Campbell is right on some things he said. Starmer is definitely not the politician to start getting the UK out of this mess.
Still get the feeling that most people in the UK don't really understand what they've done to themselves. A fair few realise , yeah it's a bit bad but we mustn't talk about it. Or we can negotiate a better deal.

Brexit is done politically. There's no renegotiation of the Withdrawal agreement. The Uk may gain minor access to some EU programmes. The trade deal could be slightly improved but that's it. Wake up!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
We've no idea why the UK is doing so poorly economically, but nope, it definitely isn't down to Brexit.

Brexit not to blame for UK trade dip, study suggests

The Centre for Brexit Policy said it was a “myth” that Britain’s departure from the bloc was mostly to blame for the shortfall in exports, pointing instead to a “combination of global factors” and the “distinctive pattern of UK exports”...it is difficult to ascertain the “underlying drivers”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/13/brexit-not-to-blame-for-uk-trade-dip/

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout