Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Classical Mechanic

Chalk up a victory for ill-education and ignorance, for nationalism (and all the racist/far right elements than love nationalism), for divisiveness, fragmentation and scape-goating.

The dumb fecks - though they realise it not - have just voted for the breakup of the UK, for the renewal of terrorism and conflict in Northern Ireland, for the encouragements of far-right groupings across Europe, and for the possible longer-term prospect of the collapse of the key institution - the EU - that was originally and mainly brought into being to make impossible ever again the outbreak of war within Europe.
The EU as an institution played its part though. It is guilty of massive overreach and arrogance. The UK signed up for a common market not a political union which is now heading towards a superstate.

The EU has ignored democracy too many times and thought it was untouchable. It shoulders a good deal of the blame IMO.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The EU as an institution played its part though. It is guilty of massive overreach and arrogance. The UK signed up for a common market not a political union which is now heading towards a superstate.

The EU has ignored democracy too many times and thought it was untouchable. It shoulders a good deal of the blame IMO.
Exactomundo, no one is opposed to free trade and a common market, it is the overreach and transfer of power from the elected officials in member countries to the EU that has made people get fed up. This is the EU's own doing.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Isn't the opposition to the EU as strong, if not stronger, in France than in England?

If another major nation leaves the whole EU project is on murky grounds.

Anyways, now EU truly shows its true colors. "You will pay us, submit to our laws and in general implement all our policies and do as we say, or else you wont get to trade in what is supposed to be a free and open market."

Bunch of cnuts are what they are.
That's clearly not what it was though. The UK wanted special treatment to be exempt from many of the laws that make the EU what it is and were rightly told no. If the EU bent over to the UK threats it could have sparked a huge demand from the other EU countries too with widespread implications.

Also there's a clear difference between 'submitting to laws' and trying to get yourself uniquely exempt from them when you've already previously agreed to them.

Stactix

Well, it's not exactly what's going to happen, at all. All research and estimations point to exactly the opposite, actually.

I'm starting to see the Brexit logic in full flow here. Ignore the actual facts and just spout nonsensical and unproven statements. Take back control!

Hmm.. looks like leave got some pointers off Trump.

It works quite well it seems.

Carolina Red

Staff
Lot of heavy fallers in the stock market. Banks, housebuilder and airlines all absolutely caned. Gold miners the only bright spot.
Oh boy. Sounds wonderful over there. Airbus fellow on Sky just gave a less than resounding comment of the future of the company in the UK as well.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

I do think that the EU is not perfect, but name one institution that is!?

I do think though that major changes have taken place in the last decades and the people were kind of left feeling powerless.

But as for the EU being as superstate. Something like 60.000 people work for the EU and its institutions.
Something like 5 million people work for the german government and its institutions. How does that make the EU a superstate?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The more I think about this the angrier I get. Should never have left this vote to the British public. The last time they left such an important vote to the British public, Jordan Henderson ended up on the cover of Fifa :mad:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just spoke to one economist who is fairly upbeat- says no recession, BoE back stop and low rates/weak sterling combo will see us right. Struggling to be as upbeat as him though.
We are headed for a global recession at some point in the next year. The business cycle is at the very end and with global growth sluggish, the only thing holding things up right now is the US. Once that changes, every linked domino will fall. It will require an inciting incident, and this may be it.

lynchie

Anyways, now EU truly shows its true colors. "You will pay us, submit to our laws and in general implement all our policies and do as we say, or else you wont get to trade in what is supposed to be a free and open market."
It's this "us vs them" bollocks that has got us here in the first place. We were sat around the negotiating table, putting those laws and trading policies together, for the overall good of the group. It's absolutely right that, if we step away from that, stop agreeing mutual compromise, and decide we want to go it alone, that we stop benefiting from the many advantages of being a central member of the EU.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
That's clearly not what it was though. The UK wanted special treatment to be exempt from many of the laws that make the EU what it is and were rightly told no. If the EU bent over to the UK threats it could have sparked a huge demand from the other EU countries too with widespread implications.

Also there's a clear difference between 'submitting to laws' and trying to get yourself uniquely exempt from them when you've already previously agreed to them.
The EU are guilty of overreaching though.

As an example they tried to force Norway to implement a EU safety and production policy for our oil&gas sector. This policy was more slack than our own and gave the Oil companies more carte blanche to flush chemicals used in the filtration and seperation process on the rigs right out in the sea. We gently told them to go feck themselves, essentially telling them that we know a bit more about rigs and oil production in vulnerable offshore areas than the bureacrats in Brussel.

Likewise they have tried to force us to implement bigger quotas for boats from other countries to fish cod in Norway, which would either force us to reduce the quotas given our own fisheries, or essentially allow overfishing. Once again we gently told them to feck themselves, the North sea cod is our resource, and ours to regulate as we want.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Same for Ireland. Good luck to both of them.

Sad day this, it will spark the end of the UK. It's going to end up being just England and Wales. :(
we'll kick out wales as soon as the going gets tough.

Manny

Grammar Police
Chalk up a victory for ill-education and ignorance, for nationalism (and all the racist/far right elements than love nationalism), for divisiveness, fragmentation and scape-goating.

The dumb fecks - though they realise it not - have just voted for the breakup of the UK, for the renewal of terrorism and conflict in Northern Ireland, for the encouragements of far-right groupings across Europe, and for the possible longer-term prospect of the collapse of the key institution - the EU - that was originally and mainly brought into being to make impossible ever again the outbreak of war within Europe.
Agreed mate. And that's just the the social implications...

Honest John

Agree with most of that. I'd have rather got in there and fought for reform though. Irony is Brussels may shit themselves after this and the threat of others following suit and it may spark them into some serious constitutional thinking. You never know it may take the form of an arrangement that we'd be happy to be party to. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

In the meantime I would like those 'milk and honey' Independence little Britain cnuts to come up with a detailed blow-by-blow plan of just how we are going to reach fecking Nirvana - and I want it now! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The EU are guilty of overreaching though.

As an example they tried to force Norway to implement a EU safety and production policy for our oil&gas sector. This policy was more slack than our own and gave the Oil companies more carte blanche to flush chemicals used in the filtration and seperation process on the rigs right out in the sea. We gently told them to go feck themselves, essentially telling them that we know a bit more about rigs and oil production in vulnerable offshore areas than the bureacrats in Brussel.

Likewise they have tried to force us to implement bigger quotas for boats from other countries to fish cod in Norway, which would either force us to reduce the quotas given our own fisheries, or essentially allow overfishing. Once again we gently told them to feck themselves, the North sea cod is our resource, and ours to regulate as we want.
The EU is far from perfect, but all I'm saying is that to call them opposed of free will and whatnot for rejecting the UK's initial demands is simply unfair.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Same for Ireland. Good luck to both of them.

Sad day this, it will spark the end of the UK. It's going to end up being just England and Wales. :(
What's even more batsh*t about Wales wanting out is how much the EU has invested in the country. It's really strange.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
The more I think about this the angrier I get. Should never have left this vote to the British public. The last time they left such an important vote to the British public, Jordan Henderson ended up on the cover of Fifa :mad:
I got so angry with the nonsense on Facebook this morning that I had to download an app that allows me to block myself from Facebook for a period of time.

Last edited: