Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Truly heartbroken at what this country has just done to itself.

I've got friends who voted leave and I'm sickened quite frankly at their stupidity.

Never felt so ashamed to be British.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

I've got friends who voted leave and I'm sickened quite frankly at their stupidity.

I'm the same, there's a lot of resentment right now between me and work colleagues. I'm not working for 5 days now but I'm far from happy with their terrible logic behind voting.

"It doesn't matter", "We don't need the EU", "Immigration is out of control, they're all put up in hotels", "voting leave because remain will win anyway", "we need the NHS".

List goes on.

Fully Fledged

I'm the same, there's a lot of resentment right now between me and work colleagues. I'm not working for 5 days now but I'm far from happy with their terrible logic behind voting.

"It doesn't matter", "We don't need the EU", "Immigration is out of control, they're all put up in hotels", "voting leave because remain will win anyway", "we need the NHS".

List goes on.
And me I said to a guy, that I'm sickened by the amount of hatred that is evident in our country today.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City

List goes on.
Our future has just been decided based on millions of people who are clearly uneducated. I'm seriously worried about the nationalism displayed by us and I'm very much starting to believe Trump will be US president.

It's a victory for racists, a victory for groups like the EDL, Britain First and UKIP. Our country have trusted Farage and Gove instead of every single expert. Don't blame Scotland and Northern Ireland if they want independence, England can just feck off. Never thought I'd hate this country.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Absolutely EVERY time a remainer appears on the same programme as a prominent leaver, they need to be asking them the question "so when does the £350m per week extra spending on the NHS kick in?". Every fecking time. Hang it around their necks the same way Labour got done with "the mess Labour left us in". Drum it into the public consciousness that this was a campaign promise, a key selling point of leaving.

MTF

Regular elections you can get over your friends and family voting another way because they'll come around again in a few years. This though... can't imagine what its like. I might not be friends with people anymore over this.

If it helps, people around the world will be drinking in sadness tonight. I know I will.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
My best friend revealed to me today that she voted out, made me feel really weird that, feel slightly ashamed I couldn't believe it.

My dad surprised me today as he sometimes says things that would be considered backwards and bordering on racist but even he was absolutely shocked that leave won.

Sad Chris

Can't see any problems that would create, well done.

Wait do you get negative votes when you live past 80?
Well it was only meant as a joke originally, but we don't have a problem with kids not getting a vote. A bright 16 year old girl doesn't have the same right to vote as an 86 year old senile rascist. THAT is a problem.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Our future has just been decided based on millions of people who are clearly uneducated. I'm seriously worried about the nationalism displayed by us and I'm very much starting to believe Trump will be US president.

It's a victory for racists, a victory for groups like the EDL, Britain First and UKIP. Our country have trusted Farage and Gove instead of every single expert. Don't blame Scotland and Northern Ireland if they want independence, England can just feck off. Never thought I'd hate this country.
I'm already planning leaving the country in the next 18 months, Masters degree then I'm out, I don't really care for the industry here I could go anywhere with the qualifications I have.

I spend between 4-8 hours a day investing in my future, deciding on the next step and I just feel now this country and ethos isn't what I want, It really bothers me because prior to this referendum I watched each debate and its horrible to feel people have been mislead.

The entire ethicacy is wrong.

I'm tired on the basis of yesterdays vote, jaded almost. It's a crisis for higher education, health care, job prospects and trade.

What bothers me the most is how close minded people are, I thought the UK was an accepting, multi-cultural country that prided itself on diversity and contributing to Europe for the greater good.

I never thought I'd see people point the finger, and just blame something they didn't understand. Scotland voted Remain, the majority of N Ireland did, but I'm deeply saddened by what England as a whole voted.

Now there's a lot of resentment and divide. The older generation have destroyed their Children's prospects for the near future and let's face it the first 8 years of a child's life teaches them the habits and aptitudes of what they will do for the rest of their lives.

It's a sad day for people wanting to better themselves, Europe and the world. Farage and Boris won and that's a horrible thought.

The leave party leaflet with "The Facts" with suggestive hints of rainy-day situations really irked me so many lies spread to win a vote which now for the next 2 years the country is going to really struggle.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Absolutely EVERY time a remainer appears on the same programme as a prominent leaver, they need to be asking them the question "so when does the £350m per week extra spending on the NHS kick in?". Every fecking time. Hang it around their necks the same way Labour got done with "the mess Labour left us in". Drum it into the public consciousness that this was a campaign promise, a key selling point of leaving.
Good post.

Xeno

That is a fundamental issue with democracy, augmented by political correctness, in that it implies that everyone is equal, when in reality some are more equal than others, to paraphrase Orwell. (Who was a bit of a racist imperialist himself).

We need a 'benevolent dictator', which is what I thought we elected a government for.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
My best friend revealed to me today that she voted out, made me feel really weird that, feel slightly ashamed I couldn't believe it.

My dad surprised me today as he sometimes says things that would be considered backwards and bordering on racist but even he was absolutely shocked that leave won.
Went to have a game of tennis with my friend from uni today, he said he voted out too, reasoning being that he just didn't like the EU, that it was undemocratic. Tried to engage him in discussion but he couldn't tell me much else about it when pressed.

Don't know anyone else who voted leave, I see him in a whole new light now.

Last edited:

Manny

Grammar Police

Exactly how I feel.

Absolutely fuming at the social, political and economic implications of last night. Its like losses across the boards. And I agree, Trump is a real threat now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Went to have a game of tennis with my friend from uni today, he said he voted out too, reasoning being that he just didn't like the EU, that it was undemocratic Tried to engage him in discussion but he couldn't tell me much else about it when pressed.

Don't know anyone else who voted leave, I see him in a whole new light now.
Yeah it's not nice finding out that close friends/family are gullible idiots :(

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Worrying to see this defeat simultaneously opening people's eyes on how misinformed and wrong the public is, and then calling for a dictatorship/restrcited rights as the response.

MTF

I've started boycotting english products too. Just went to grab some tea in the office kitchen, and steered away from Twinings and got myself some 'murican tea. F* you England!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Exactly how I feel.

Absolutely fuming at the social, political and economic implications of last night. Its like losses across the boards. And I agree, Trump is a real threat now.
Think if Trump becomes president we should have a sweep as to how long it will be before someone takes a potshot at him.

R'hllor

If i understood correctly nobody knows how things will turn out for GB/UK/Welgland,maybe this leave decision might turn best ever.What is really bad for me that i cant understand how the feck you can vote for something based only on reasons why do it,without any glimpse of knowledge of some kind of plan for period after if your vote faction wins,worst of all is that seems there are people clueless even why vote leave (in this case),some even regretting it today,i mean what on earth...

Also highlight is classic scum politician move using money (we all know,when it comes to that,people`s IQ drops below 40) as hook to tell them how if they vote leave,all that money will go in health care (guess NHS is that and again people care about health a lot),just now after they won to say how that might not be true at all...Sorry i really hate politicians but who ever was selling that as a leave hook and now retracting it,should be executed,hang of first tree w/e.

Fully Fledged

I've started boycotting english products too. Just went to grab some tea in the office kitchen, and steered away from Twinings and got myself some 'murican tea. F* you England!
Remember that you are only talking about 52% of 72% of the adult population of the country. don't tar us all with the same brush. Some of us are as Pissed as hell and some others just couldn't be bothered one way or another.

Untied

This is the problem for Leave. They might have won, but not without the far right. In the naturally left leaning London mayoral election, Britain First + BNP won 45,000 votes from an electorate of 2.5m. The EU electorate was 13.5 times larger — i.e an equivalent far right vote at the EU referendum = 600,00 votes, more than the swing required, and I suspect the far right sentiment goes a lot further than that. Especially when combined with the motivation to turn out.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The majority of my work colleagues voted out. When I asked them why they did, their reasoning was around immigration and the belief millions will be put into the NHS. They also reckon that the trade deals will be infinitely better without the EU. I wish I shared those fecking cnuts optimism.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The majority of my work colleagues voted out. When I asked them why they did, their reasoning was around immigration and the belief millions will be put into the NHS. They also reckon that the trade deals will be infinitely better without the EU. I wish I shared those fecking cnuts optimism.
Maybe if Ed Woodward was in charge of the UKs trade deals but I don't think Adidas will sponsor the UK.

Xeno

Remember that you are only talking about 52% of 72% of the adult population of the country. don't tar us all with the same brush. Some of us are as Pissed as hell and some others just couldn't be bothered one way or another.
That's an enormous number though. It's the entire population of the Netherlands.

MTF

I know, its a hard moment for my relationship with the UK though. Don't know if I can love you guys anymore, I thought you were better than this! :(

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I know I said I wouldn't come back for this thread yet... but with this figures looks like the EU loses more than UK

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/exports
Last Reference Previous Highest
Imports 48239.00 GBP Million Apr/16 46212.00 48703.00
Exports 44945.00 GBP Million Apr/16 42680.00 45102.00
Imports from European Union 19270.00 GBP Million Nov/15 18896.00 19270.00
Imports of Non-eu 15720.50 GBP Million Nov/15 18088.27 23888.36
Exports of Non-eu 13937.35 GBP Million Nov/15 13341.02 23443.93
Exports to European Union 11073.00 GBP Million Nov/15 11239.00 15903.00

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

3 million of EU citizens living in UK and 1.2 million of Britons living in EU (more than half in Spain).

Most of you talk like UK needs the EU that bad when is not the reality, actually they need UK.

Revan

Assumptionman
How likely is it that Le Pen will be elected ?
She's favorite to win the first round of presidential election there. I don't think that she'll become president, but with Trump having a good shoot at it, and the Brexit happening, it is time for me to not make predictions on this. As sad as it is, the world is moving toward the right wing in the recent years, and the populist nationalist movements are getting stronger.

Le Pen winning would be a terrible thing for Europe, and will seriously endanger the European Union.

I think that might be a reason why Germany/France will make UK suffer now and make an example on how bad it is to leave the EU.

El Zoido

It's not optimism, it's idiocy. Not a snowballs chance in hell we'll get better trade deals, and we still need to negotiate with the EU, who have us over a barrel and are determined to give us a good rogering. Farage has already backtracked on the NHS £350m lie and the government knows we need immigrants. Besides, France won't give a shit about stopping them anymore. There's already a motion to renegotiate the Sangatte Protocol. Lube up, boys.

Xeno

Most of you talk like UK needs the EU that bad when is not the reality, actually they need UK.
We don't need the EU. We will be okay, probably, without the EU. It's just incredibly short sighted, inward-looking and to be honest shit, to vote leave.