Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hephaestus

More likely to resign at this point, I can only see someone who will be willing to tow the May line being appointed.
Yeah, no way she'd appoint someone who is just as opposed to any kind of compromise as Davis was. Do wonder if she'll also go for a Major style "put up or shut up" contest just to feck over the rebels and end the speculation.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Gonna be a fun week for May with Trump visiting too. I'll be surprised if she's still there by the end of September. Rees-Mogg v Boris Johnson leadership challenge with Rees-Mogg as the next PM is how I see things going.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So May urged the EU to enter serious discussions (about a proposal that to me looks like it will be dismissed within seconds) hours before their British counterpart resigned. Am I understanding this correctly?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Another one gone from the Department of exiting the EU in Steve Baker.

I guess it's an interesting start to the week.

So May urged the EU to enter serious discussions (about a proposal that to me looks like it will be dismissed within seconds) hours before their British counterpart resigned. Am I understanding this correctly?
The proposal is only a start to the discussions, May has conferred with the civil service that further more concessions will have to be made. That likely concessions is probably what is prompting the start of the Brexiteers resigning.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So Davis spent two years pissing around doing feck all but complaining and lying, now finally chucked it.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Wouldn't be surprised if Davis was simply looking for a veil under which to escape the useless job he is doing.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Has she ever had an objectively fine night - or day - in politics?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Has she ever had an objectively fine night - or day - in politics?
Her first speech as PM gave a false ray of hope when she talked about helping the 'just getting bys' etc. Sadly that hope of a surprisingly progressive Tory administration soon disappeared as this whole shitshow unfolded.
The swastika courtsey was something.

MadMike

Get one of his friends wives pregnant as a celebration
I’m not sure he wants this now. Boris is forever playing the long gamoe, never sticking his neck out. This will bring the focus back on him.

I reckon he’d prefer to drag this out till the negotiations with EU fall apart and then blame it on May and try to force her to resign while also getting a de facto hard Brexit

caid

I’m not sure he wants this now. Boris is forever playing the long gamoe, never sticking his neck out. This will bring the focus back on him.

I reckon he’d prefer to drag this out till the negotiations with EU fall apart and then blame it on May and try to force her to resign while also getting a de facto hard Brexit
I'm sure he would but his hand has been forced. He cant blame it on May if he doesn't stage a challenge now. He either has to get behind a soft brexit or be responsible for a no deal brexit.

SteveJ

Scout
Her first speech as PM gave a false ray of hope when she talked about helping the 'just getting bys' etc. Sadly that hope of a surprisingly progressive Tory administration soon disappeared as this whole shitshow unfolded.
The swastika courtsey was something.
:lol:

SteveJ

Scout
:lol:
Guardian said:
May writes that she is sorry to hear of Davis's resignation when so much progress has been made towards a “smooth and successful Brexit".
♪Who do you think you are kidding, Mrs Maybot?♪