Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I despise the Tories and May, but I’d rather her in power than Boris.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I’ve been confident that no-deal can’t happen for quite a while, I’m less sure after this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m glad she survived, only because she’s the best of the Tory worst. But this is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Sigma

If this no-confidence vote would have been for the whole house, she would have lost. Why didn't they go for that? What is required to trigger that? Now she is safe for a year, which is probably for the best considering the alternatives being Gove or Johnson.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I genuinely wonder what Lukaku pictures he looks like when doing those “step overs”.

Wrong thread ffs.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If this no-confidence vote would have been for the whole house, she would have lost. Why didn't they go for that? What is required to trigger that? Now she is safe for a year, which is probably for the best considering the alternatives being Gove or Johnson.
Just need the leader of the oppo to table a motion.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
All those votes against wouldn’t happen in a commons wide vote.

Hephaestus

Cos that risks a new election and most of the Tories who voted against her won't risk that in case they lose power and/or their seat at that election. Most of the 117 would vote in her defence in a Commons no confidence vote.

Supports
Barcelona
117 votes!!

Voting on the deal in the parliament is a waste of time. She's postponing the inevitable.

ThierryHenry

I think 2016-18 has probably put me off British politicians for a lifetime. My Dad’s so bitter that he dislikes everyone, I’m struggling to see how you can take an alternative view.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
117 votes!!

Voting on the deal in the parliament is a waste of time. She's postponing the inevitable.
I suspect she knows that... But stringing out enough to rule out any other options before putting it to the commons that they either vitevfir her deal or its no deal... she might even be prepared to allow a referendum with the options her deal or no deal
Then quit at the start of April and leave Boris etc to negotiate the deal...
FFS the state of UK politics

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think 2016-18 has probably put me off British politicians for a lifetime. My Dad’s so bitter that he dislikes everyone, I’m struggling to see how you can take an alternative view.
Live in Scotland.

Simbo

They are playing up those 117 votes but it still feels like a massive win for her, all things considered.

fecking amazing how many politicians are still calling for more votes on everything except the one thing that matters.

ThierryHenry

They are playing up those 117 votes but it still feels like a massive win for her, all things considered.

fecking amazing how many politicians are still calling for more votes on everything except the one thing that matters.
Massive is a huge stretch. This can’t help her position in the UK or in Europe.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
They voted her in in 2016 and now they decided they wanted another vote but the people aren't allowed another vote.
I'm sure that irony has been mentioned already

DavidDeSchmikes

Tory fan tv is going to be lit tonight though
Rees- Moog: "Fam, Fam, Family listen, my emotions tonight are a smorgasbord of anger and disappointment fam-ily. She needs to resign blood. My wife thinks Theresa is the best person for the job! IS SHE MAD BLOOD? She needs to resign now fam-ily. Go to the queen and resign blood.

Peter Bone: "I'm tired Robbie, it's not acceptable anymore, it's time to go, it's time to fecking go"

RedChip

Yeah, never mind democracy, I think Brexit has well and truly wrecked what little faith I had in politicians.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Win?

It is a further weakening of her already weakened position as over half of all Tory backbenchers voted against her. She is now totally at the mercy of the cabinet.

Normally she would be gone and a GE would soon follow. These are not normal times though.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Labour / Richard Burgon still saying they're going to renegotiate with the EU and get a better deal ie the unicorn deal.

No deal is a certainty surely.
No deal or a GE and a delay or revocation of A50 as an outside chance.

Last edited:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
No deal or a GE and a delay or revocation of A50 as an outside chance.
A GE might even give Tories a bigger majority and the leader may well be a Hard Brexiter.
Labour don't seem any more keen on a referendum than the Tories nor revoking A50.

You could have all that and be back in the same place as the UK is now in a few months time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A GE might even give Tories a bigger majority and the leader may well be a Hard Brexiter.
Labour don't seem any more keen on a referendum than the Tories nor revoking A50.

You could have all that and be back in the same place as the UK is now in a few months time.
Could be. Who knows these days?