Bring back Ruud

Drifter

American
Liverpool are ready to take Ruud van Nistelrooy on loan for six months when the January transfer window opens.

The former Manchester United striker, who underwent a successful operation to have his tonsils removed yesterday, is desperate to leave Real Madrid to play regular football and be part of Holland's World Cup squad.

Liverpool are reluctant to sign Van Nistelrooy permanently but manager Rafa Benitez knows he needs someone to play alongside Fernando Torres to rekindle the Reds' season.

However, the Bernabeu hierarchy are determined to off load the 33-year-old on a permanent basis and any switch will rely on Benitez persuading the Spanish giants to let him have the striker on loan.

Van Nistelrooy is fit after a long-term knee injury but with Raul, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Higuain and Karim Benzema ahead of him his chances at the Bernabeu are limited.

Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers have also shown an interest in Van Nistelrooy but the striker is believed to favour a move to Anfield.

Read more: Misfiring Liverpool set to win the race for Real Madrid forgotten man Ruud van Nistelrooy | Mail Online

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Would be a great move from Liverpool's point of view, but not sure about Ruud's. He wouldn't be able to play with Torres, so he'd have to rely on getting games when Torres is rested or injured (which could be quite a lot based on his last 18 months).

dmode

I'd say joker on this one... i really have no idea... i am not sure i want to see him play for us again but i'd hate to see him play for the scousers and win games for them and kissing their badge and hugging the gerrard likes... berkkkk!

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
youtube the david frost/alex ferguson interview.

it was an hour long interview done 72 hrs after moscow.
It's not the truth, though. Ruud was a happy at United as long as SAF played him. I still remember his first press conference at Madrid when he praised Man United and said how he loved the fans and how the fans loved him and how he originally has never wanted to leave the club.

As much as I adore Sir Alex, at times he got rid of players for personal reasons, not for footballing ones. Not for a second do I believe that Ruud has always dreamed of Madrid.

As for the Liverpool story, I simply pray it won't happen. Ruud can't do that to us.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Let him go Liverpool! He'll get exposed as the limited striker he is with Kuyt and co services. A lot of goals Torres scores he creates himself, that's not Ruud, it will only help to invite more pressure on Liverpool, you'll see.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
i cant believe so many want him back, i would rather not any day of the week
If Ruud can remain fit then he would be a much better player then Owen can ever be. He is stronger, he is better on headers and he is a much better finisher.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's clear some people are asking for Ruud to be signed for sentimental reasons, or because he was a great player in his prime. How many have seen him play over the last year, and what are you basing your judgements on?

I'm surprised our expectations are so low these days that we are asking for another veteran striker not in his prime to be our saviour.

kietotheworld

It's clear some people are asking for Ruud to be signed for sentimental reasons, or because he was a great player in his prime. How many have seen him play over the last year, and what are you basing your judgements on?

I'm surprised our expectations are so low these days that we are asking for another veteran striker not in his prime to be our saviour.
I think he's been injured the last year.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Honestly do his 3 transfer requests not mean anything to you? His image is tarnished for me after the manager revealed the extent to which he wanted to leave. Funny how people seem to bury facts like this under their fanboiism
Fanboys care more about their hero than the club. If their hero has a row with Fergie then they'd rather Fergie left the club than their idol.