6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

So if he scores again this season where does that put him? Who was the last guy before Fwank to get that many? Who got the most ever?
I think that's the record.

Pretty sure Rooney plays in a similar position and role in 11/12. He scored 34 goals in all competitions. But most people would consider him a striker anyway.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
So if he scores again this season where does that put him? Who was the last guy before Fwank to get that many? Who got the most ever?
Probably John Wark if we broaden the scope and consider the 1980s First Division (wouldn't mind being corrected if I'm wrong in regard to this benchmark btw). 36 goals in all competitions as a nominal midfielder sandwiched between Mühren and Thijssen for Ipswich in 1980—81, when they won the UEFA Cup and finished 2nd in the League under Robson — with Wark being adjudged PFA Players' Player of the Year + European Young Player Of The Year and top-scoring in the UEFA Cup with 14 goals (a tally that is surpassed by only Klinsmann and Falcao in the ensuing period). Much like Lampard, he had perfected the art of arriving in or around the opposition's 18-yard box at just the right time, and incidentally, he was a trophyless Liverpool's goalscorer-in-chief in 1984—85 with 27 (i.e. exactly as many as Lampard in 2009—10 and Bruno this term).

Tim's ITFC Player A-Z | John Wark.

P.S. Funnily enough (since this is a ‟Penandes” thread), Wark was also the first player to score a hat-trick of penalties in a UEFA club competition, with three of his four goals vs. Aris Thessaloniki in the opening round of the 1980—81 UEFA Cup coming from the spot.

Threesus

Probably John Wark if we broaden the scope and consider the 1980s First Division (wouldn't mind being corrected if I'm wrong in regard to this benchmark btw). 36 goals in all competitions as a nominal midfielder sandwiched between Mühren and Thijssen for Ipswich in 1980—81, when they won the UEFA Cup and finished 2nd in the League under Robson — with Wark being adjudged PFA Players' Player of the Year + European Young Player Of The Year and top-scoring in the UEFA Cup with 14 goals (a tally that is surpassed by only Klinsmann and Falcao in the ensuing period). Much like Lampard, he had perfected the art of arriving in or around the opposition's 18-yard box at just the right time, and incidentally, he was a trophyless Liverpool's goalscorer-in-chief in 1984—85 with 27 (i.e. exactly as many as Lampard in 2009—10 and Bruno this term).

Tim's ITFC Player A-Z | John Wark.

P.S. Funnily enough (since this is a ‟Penandes” thread), Wark was also the first player to score a hat-trick of penalties in a UEFA club competition, with three of his four goals vs. Aris Thessaloniki in the opening round of the 1980—81 UEFA Cup coming from the spot.
What is Sir Bobby’s highest scoring season? Surely he must have some seasons where he scored more than 30.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
What is Sir Bobby’s highest scoring season? Surely he must have some seasons where he scored more than 30.
Nope, he never breached the 30-goal threshold, hard as it may be to believe — with the obvious caveat that United didn't participate in the European Cup or the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in the late '50s and early '60s, which lowered his chances to score 30+ goals in a season during his peak goalscoring years. Charlton's highest tally was 29 goals in 1958–59 (i.e. the season following the Munich air disaster); but at the time he was a dynamic and penetrative forward in an attacking trident with with Viollet and new signing Albert Quixall (then British record transfer from Sheffield Wednesday) in an old-school 2—3—5, not a consummate midfield schemer for the first team (that transition gathered pace after the meteoric rise of teenaged Best as Charlton had to vacate his outside left berth). Then again, Bruno isn't a proper midfielder either — so you could definitely argue that Charlton's total from that season is an appropriate benchmark, more so than those who conclusively belong in the midfield category.

Raveneye

21 out of 22 penalties. That's beyond a world class conversion rate. There is officially only one regular penalty-taking player in the Premier League's history with a better conversion rate than Bruno right now.

Alemar

Given we have 5 more games to play and chances are we will earn a couple more penalties, there are chances for Bruno to actually hit 30 goals. Although he won’t play all 5 remaining games, most likely, due to rotation needs

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Incredible statistics.
Do we have the same for chances created?
Chances CreatedXA
Lewandowski
34​
4.32​
Kane
39​
7.35​
Mbappe
49​
4.78​
Haaland
35​
3.06​
Messi
84​
10.41​
Bruno
99​
10.98​

Chances created is for League + CL/Europa
xA is only for league.

21 out of 22 penalties. That's beyond a world class conversion rate. There is officially only one regular penalty-taking player in the Premier League's history with a better conversion rate than Bruno right now.
he did get lucky with a couple of retaken pens, which wouldn’t have been retaken in previous years.

So yes he has a great conversion rate - but it’s easier to score now than it was.

Alemar

Chances CreatedXA
Lewandowski
34​
4.32​
Kane
39​
7.35​
Mbappe
49​
4.78​
Haaland
35​
3.06​
Messi
84​
10.41​
Bruno
99​
10.98​

xA is only for league.
So Bruno officially creates more than Messi, even if only fractionally more. This is unbelievable

Tony247

Chances CreatedXA
Lewandowski
34​
4.32​
Kane
39​
7.35​
Mbappe
49​
4.78​
Haaland
35​
3.06​
Messi
84​
10.41​
Bruno
99​
10.98​

xA is only for league.
And there are people want him to change his game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In 2018/19, Fernandes broke that record already — he got 32 goals in all competitions from midfield at Sporting.

Strelok

No offense to our fowards but I can't help but think if we still have a prime RVP both would respectively break the scoring and assisting record of the PL.

MattyB1986

We're so lucky to have Bruno - what a signing this guy has been. Hope him and Ole get backed a bit this summer. haha!

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s quite funny how he goes down holding his ankle 9 times a game. He could get kicked in the throat and we’d still be treated to 3 minutes of him rubbing his ankle on the ground and moaning at the ref.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I actually think he's playing his best football of the season right now, not over/under hitting passes like he has been for most of the season

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That outside of the foot shot looked like it was going to lick the post on its way in.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Him being a moany fecking arsehole (a plus point in a team of mice) probably helped sway the ref in not giving the penalty.

Alemar

With 3 games to play and high probability of at least one more penalty earned, Bruno is en route to 30 goals per season from a midfield position.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I actually think he's playing his best football of the season right now, not over/under hitting passes like he has been for most of the season
Agreed. Was really happy with his passing last night. Scary what he’s capable of next season if his passing goes up a notch.

bsCallout

It’s quite funny how he goes down holding his ankle 9 times a game. He could get kicked in the throat and we’d still be treated to 3 minutes of him rubbing his ankle on the ground and moaning at the ref.
He's clever with it though because it can disrupt the other team countering.

amsoUG

And there are people want him to change his game.
Stats do not tell the whole story - Bruno is always trying to play into these stats - not every pass should be a chance seeking stat! We end up not being able to retain the ball up top.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Him being a moany fecking arsehole (a plus point in a team of mice) probably helped sway the ref in not giving the penalty.
I dunno, I think the ref was always going to go to the monitor and reverse that one as it just wasn't a penalty.

I'm maybe alone in the fact that I don't really see him being captain material, due to him being such a moaner (not a bad thing) I wonder if it could rub refs up the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.