Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Ive mentioned this a couple of times recently but is there any physical difference between a player like Bruno and a player like Jones?

Technically of course there is. But physically what causes a player like Jones to be permanently crocked with completely 'minor' injuries. I honestly believe it's a mental and attitude issue.
A mixture of genetics, physiology and mentality. When there is a perfect marriage of all three of those you get players like Maguire and Bruno.

RUCK4444

A mixture of genetics, physiology and mentality. When there is a perfect marriage of all three of those you get players like Maguire and Bruno.
Yeah I'd agree with that. I think the bolded is every bit as important as the other two, the bolded helps you push through when you get those same niggly injuries as other players.

Perhaps the super careful approach from physios and the game in general creates a mindset that they shouldn't risk playing through an injury, when in fact many players do play through those same injuries and manage them. Players like Rashford and Lindelof have played with ongoing issues through the vast majority of this season, injuries that would have seen other players opt to sit on the bench.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
65? In one season? :lol:
89 total goals (81 of them in official matches for Flamengo) for that calendar year, accordingly to their ‟research and statistics department”...

@dablem_10 makes a somewhat valid point concerning the quality of some of the opposition teams (an argument that is often leveled against Pelé and Romário for their otherworldly production in the Brazilian football league system too), but almost equally impressive as the 1979 feat is Zico's herculean output in his debut season in Serie A: 19 goals in just 24 matches in 1983/84 with Udinese (who were hardly a powerhouse club in the vein of the traditional Big 3 prior to his arrival). Just to put those 19 goals into context, only 2 players scored 20 or more league goals in Italy from 1978—1990 (considered by some to be the most suffocating defensive period for a domestic league ever): Platini with 20 goals in 35 matches for Juventus in 1983/84 (just about pipping his arch-nemesis Zico to the Capocannoniere award) and Serena with 22 goals for Internazionale in 1988/89.

steve88

Yer totally agree could argue should be highest earner in the team glad we aint agreed to a buyout clause as that puts others in control if he wants out which I hope he doesn't especially if we statmrt to win stuff

Alemar

Need him to score two in the final to reach 30 goals per season mark. Would be glorious

Siezard

Yes give him what he needs. 200k per week isn't that much for a Ronaldonesque type player.

BarstoolProphet

Genuinely forgot he was on the pitch several times today. Only noticed him when he punted the ball up to the Villarreal keeper.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I lost the count how many times he was shite this year, I love him but along his statistics and media bias is making him much better than he is wheras in half the games he's not good enough. Not his fault he needs rest and competition but jeez he can be horrible on a day. Unfortunately like I said the shite games has piled up so quick.

Being the man no1 for MUFC you kind of expect to have such statistics. He has to do better and even more as a captain he so much likes to be but couldn't translate it on the pitch so far.

Born2Lose

I hate to say this about Ole, but under a better coach he'd be a much better player.

He's too easily overcome by his emotions and it affects his game massively.

Valencia Shin Crosses

4231 only suits him. Brilliant player but needs to add more subtlety to his game. Everything is a risk ball every time.
I mean that's essentially what we were playing tonight, but I've said for a year now that he tends to go too focused on the final third and basically doesn't support the midfield two at all when we are dominating games. He's at his best playing behind our forwards, not alongside them.

Bwuk

The issue is teams drop into a low block and we can’t get him on the ball. He was poor tonight, but we as a team look hopeless without him.

The United

I mean that's essentially what we were playing tonight, but I've said for a year now that he tends to go too focused on the final third and basically doesn't support the midfield two at all when we are dominating games. He's at his best playing behind our forwards, not alongside them.
Villarreal defended good. When we are dominating, why do we need many players staying behind? We already couldn't break down their defense with 4 up front.

Pogba was played to do that job from behind.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Villarreal defended good. When we are dominating, why do we need many players staying behind? We already couldn't break down their defense with 4 up front.

Pogba was played to do that job from behind.
It's more that you want players moving to find space around a crowded defense instead of a flat front 4 that is easily for a low block to defend. Bruno at his best is receiving the ball between the lines and threatening with short/decisive passes and shots from outside the box. He's quite ineffective trying to play so high up because he ends up with less touches, causing him to force things when he actually does receive the ball.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
fecking idiot elected to go second on the penalties. What the feck happened to our preparation? How can our captain and our coaching staff not know about the historical evidence on pen order? They even trialled the ABBA order because of the advantage from kicking first. I’m not sure whether to be more pissed off at Bruno or Ole. Absolute feckheads the pair of them.

Eternitiy

The invisible man.

fecking idiot elected to go second on the penalties. What the feck happened to our preparation? How can our captain and our coaching staff not know about the historical evidence on pen order? They even trialled the ABBA order because of the advantage from kicking first. I’m not sure whether to be more pissed off at Bruno or Ole. Absolute feckheads the pair of them.

How did Villarreal go first and kick towards their own fans? it didn't make sense to me. Bruno has sabotaged us if true.

The United

It's more that you want players moving to find space around a crowded defense instead of a flat front 4 that is easily for a low block to defend. Bruno at his best is receiving the ball between the lines and threatening with short/decisive passes and shots from outside the box. He's quite ineffective trying to play so high up because he ends up with less touches, causing him to force things when he actually does receive the ball.
He did move around but the problem was that our defenders could not pass the ball quicker and better. Pogba played like he forgot how to pass. Which means Bruno couldn't get on the ball as much as he should.

Those were the issues we had with this game in term of breaking down their defense.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s ineffective deep and all as he has an average close game. It’s all ‘expansive’. People snob at tika-taka but passing and moving is basics of football.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
We lost, so he was terrible...

I don't think this was a game where we should try to pick on individual players. Every player would do better, if they had a better strategy and tactics to work with.

SER19

I was screaming at tv watching him do this. Just incredible

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We'd be nowhere without Bruno, so I won't get at him, but he was nowhere tonight.

His game was summed up to me when we had a free kick down the left late on and he floated it in instead of shoot.

Your go to guy is meant to drag you forward in those moments. Tonight he didn't. Was too much for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We'd be nowhere without Bruno, so I won't get at him, but he was nowhere tonight.

His game was summed up to me when we had a free kick down the left late on and he floated it in instead of shoot.

Your go to guy is meant to drag you forward in those moments. Tonight he didn't. Was too much for him.
We’d be a better team if we had a different type of 10 as far as I’m concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.