Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Like who?
Like Grealish or Mount type of player. That is unless you feel that a 10s role is simply G+A.

For me, personally, I’d prefer a player who is good in tight spaces, who has the most touches in the team in most games and plays as many 5 yard passes as he plays 50. Someone who plays a one-touch game and can beat a man. I’d gladly sacrifice some goals and assists for that.

Stacks

Like Grealish or Mount type of player. That is unless you feel that a 10s role is simply G+A.

For me, personally, I’d prefer a player who is good in tight spaces, who has the most touches in the team in most games and plays as many 5 yard passes as he plays 50. Someone who plays a one-touch game and can beat a man. I’d gladly sacrifice some goals and assists for that.
Mount? Chelsea haven't been that great despite spending a fortune. Unfortunately you have to score or assist to win football matches. With less goals you are less likely to win. Who is going to set up Cavani, Rashford and co to score enough to win games? Taking creativity and goals out of the team is weird. People bin saying "Arsenal needs an Ozil" etc etc. Someone gotta be able to play the final ball.

The United

Bruno has the most touches in our team no? He does one touch a lot. Not being able to beat a man would be his weakness. But, trying to beat a man all the time can be seen as a ball hogger even if you have 100% success rate. That is not mentioning of his work rate and defensive contributions.

Our team will be better if we have better CB and CM who can pass better and faster. It is not just all about G+A, but chances created too. You can't ask much more than that from a player in his position.

People are frustrated now. I get it. But, you have to look into other positions to improve the team. His position is one of the last positions to look for improvement at this moment.

Dan_F

He’s played far far worse this season. I don’t even think that was in the top 10 bad games I’ve seen him play. Most of his passes went to our players, when he’s completely off it, they go all over the place.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Didn't perform but still gutting to see him after the penalties.

He's a brilliant player and has given plenty of wonderful moments in just a year or so. He deserves a manager on his level.

Walters_19_MuFc

I hate to say this about Ole, but under a better coach he'd be a much better player.

He's too easily overcome by his emotions and it affects his game massively.
The guys breaking records left, right and centre, regards his numbers.

Bruno is Bruno. He's erratic - an off the cuff type of player. He will always get great numbers but what we're seeing is what people said about him prior to him joining, in that he can be loose in possession and sometimes lacks tactical discipline. I don't think you can coach that out of him and if you do, then you won't have the same impact.

Ole, in my opinion, has done a fantastic job with Bruno and he's been one of our better signings in a long while.

Regards the game tonight, he was poor but again, his performance today isn't too dissimilar to what we normally see. The difference is, he didn't bag a goal or assist in normal time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mount? Chelsea haven't been that great despite spending a fortune. Unfortunately you have to score or assist to win football matches. With less goals you are less likely to win. Who is going to set up Cavani, Rashford and co to score enough to win games? Taking creativity and goals out of the team is weird. People bin saying "Arsenal needs an Ozil" etc etc. Someone gotta be able to play the final ball.
Not everyone has to score and assist loads. A team that controls a game and can move the ball around will create more chances and score goals.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Fair enough Grealish, but mount? Go to bed pal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love him, gutting to see him at the end. Didn't show up today though. They shut him down well and he just couldn't get in the game at all.

People questioning his quality are fecking idiots though. Really? The guy that got almost 30 goals and 20 assists in a season is a problem position? Right...

Mainoldo

Just like when he captained Sporting. Zero trophies. He’s not that good. Simple.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
‘Type of player’. David Silva even. I’d take his fewer goals and assists ahead of Bruno personally.
United has never been a club that went for players like that to play that sort of style. We've always been more for the direct types like Bruno. One isn't necessarily better than the other. You just don't like the type of player which is fine, but also weird because it's literally what we've always been.

Canagel

He isn't that good. But this club have put him on a Pedestal so we are stuck with him for the forseable future

BlueHaze

Tbh he's a top class player but if we keep on going season after season without winning anything he'll be a new Pogba and want out. He's ambitious and wants to win and plenty of top teams would be in for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’d be below 6th without Bruno. Not sure what you're on about.
Obviously if we played with 10 men. My suggestion would be that another good footballer would have been on the pitch instead, who I imagine would have an impact himself.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
United has never been a club that went for players like that to play that sort of style. We've always been more for the direct types like Bruno. One isn't necessarily better than the other. You just don't like the type of player which is fine, but also weird because it's literally what we've always been.
Not sure it matters how it’s been in the past. The past is the past, if we want to be stuck in it, the great. If we want to be a great team today, we need to be better at passing and moving.

The United

Obviously if we played with 10 men. My suggestion would be that another good footballer would have been on the pitch instead, who I imagine would have an impact himself.
We can upgrade everyone in the team with 'better players' to become better team.

I could upgrade your mount, silva etc style no 10 with peak Messi and I bet my team will beat yours.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We can upgrade everyone in the team with 'better players' to become better team.

I could upgrade your mount, silva etc style no 10 with peak Messi and I bet my team will beat yours.
So your point being?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Poor tonight no doubt but some on here need to get a grip on themselves

MattofManchester

Are you on a wind up? Genuine question. Also, very few footballers have the mentality to take all the pressure of playing for this club and succeed under that, and having that giant lay its weight of expectations on your shoulders.
Irrespective of tonight, he has done that and succeeded. He cannot do it every game. He's human. But he's done it more often than most of the players that get glorified at this club.

So no, your "good" footballer would probably be in an interview somewhere talking about his "tough times* at Manchester United in a couple years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Are you on a wind up? Genuine question. Also, very few footballers have the mentality to take all the pressure of playing for this club and succeed under that, and having that giant lay its weight of expectations on your shoulders.
Irrespective of tonight, he has done that and succeeded. He cannot do it every game. He's human. But he's done it more often than most of the players that get glorified at this club.

So no, your "good" footballer would probably be in an interview somewhere talking about his "tough times* at Manchester United in a couple years.
Have no idea what you’re talking about here tbh, so not really sure how to respond. To answer your ‘genuine question’ though, no, I’m not.

The United

So my suggestion of a different type of 10 is ‘unrealistic nonsense’? Because something about Lionel Messi? My guy stop talking shit.
Your suggestion of a different type of 10 does not suit the style of our team right now. And, it does not even make sense as Bruno does what most of what you said you would prefer from no 10.

And, goes with wanting a different 10 who does less G+A as long as they create chances which Bruno does all of them better than most..

I am talking shit apparently.

Idxomer

He's overrated by most United fans because this is a fanbase who loves a messiah.

He's a very good player but nowhere near as good or influential as many here make him out to be.

MattofManchester

Have no idea what you’re talking about here tbh, so not really sure how to respond. To answer your ‘genuine question’ though, no, I’m not.
I'm telling you that what you're saying is garbage.

Saying a guy with over 50 goals and assists across a season is not good enough is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.