6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

The guys breaking records left, right and centre, regards his numbers.

Bruno is Bruno. He's erratic - an off the cuff type of player. He will always get great numbers but what we're seeing is what people said about him prior to him joining, in that he can be loose in possession and sometimes lacks tactical discipline. I don't think you can coach that out of him and if you do, then you won't have the same impact.

Ole, in my opinion, has done a fantastic job with Bruno and he's been one of our better signings in a long while.

Regards the game tonight, he was poor but again, his performance today isn't too dissimilar to what we normally see. The difference is, he didn't bag a goal or assist in normal time.
I respect your opinion, but too often I see Bruno caught in his emotions rather than channeling it into performing better on the pitch. I don't want to see him get frustrated, I want him to be calm and to lead by example. I love the guy but sometimes I think he completely loses his focus and becomes a detriment to the team.

I think it's been evident at times this season it would have been better for him to rest on the bench but instead he's started too many games. I think the crown of playing for an underachieving United hangs heavy on him.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
We couldn’t have been worse if he didn’t play tonight, just wasn’t his night. Numbers don’t lie but he’s a winner in a loser team and when he can’t singlehanded drag the team over the line there’s not much more we got.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Your suggestion of a different type of 10 does not suit the style of our team right now. And, it does not even make sense as Bruno does what most of what you said you would prefer from no 10.

And, goes with wanting a different 10 who does less G+A as long as they create chances which Bruno does all of them better than most..

I am talking shit apparently.
I said nothing about ‘creates more chances’ than Bruno. Hence me not putting much stock into goals and ASSISTS. In fact, I literally listed the qualities I am speaking of, and none of them included what you have tried to say I said.

Welbeckham

He's overrated by most United fans because this is a fanbase who loves a messiah.

He's a very good player but nowhere near as good or influential as many here make him out to be.
It should be obvious for anyone that actually watches the games. I love him for what he is and what he has done for us, but all this best player in the world talk is absolutely deluded. Despite the stats, out of similar players, De Bruyne is better for example, and there is nothing wrong with admitting it.

The United

I said nothing about ‘creates more chances’ than Bruno. Hence me not putting much stock into goals and ASSISTS. In fact, I literally listed the qualities I am speaking of, and none of them included what you have tried to say I said.
So, you want a no 10 with less G+A and chance creating than Bruno but we would be better without him? With same forwards with same forms they are in?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure it matters how it’s been in the past. The past is the past, if we want to be stuck in it, the great. If we want to be a great team today, we need to be better at passing and moving.
Sure. Why is Bruno a problem for that? His off the ball movement is excellent as is his creativity. He leads Europe in loads of creativity stats, along with goalscoring stats from that position. He's not a dribbler/runner with the ball, but thats hardly an issue. Our all time leading goalscorer was very similar as a player to him, so I don't see the issue. We need to be better building up with our deeper midfielders, we need to be better with our delivery/decision making from the wings, and we have to be more consistent in general throughout. It's genuinely very weird to look at United this season and decide that Bruno is in any way a problem position.

MattofManchester

Okay?

And what about what I actually did say?
You implied "having a different 10 would improve us", which alludes to the fact that you think Bruno isn't good enough and someone can do better.

Let's not turn this into an episode of random verbal gymnastics, when your logic transfers to the same point.

A-man

He left his previous team where he was the main man... they went on to win the league :lol:

He’s not that good. Cantona:lol:
I’ve sen similar comments about Zlatan. But is this just you talking or do you have some kind of theory why Sporting became better without him?

The United

Was he offside when he set up a sitter for Rashford?

Burying that kind of chance would decide a final. He would obviously not be creating sitters after sitters in a final.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So, you want a no 10 with less G+A and chance creating than Bruno but we would be better without him? With same forwards with same forms they are in?
Ah, so you again had to add the last but that I didn’t say.

I didn’t say we need the same forwards. We need forwards that score goals. Our top scorer should ideally be in the front 3. If they can’t do that, then we can isolate that and improve them. But our 10 doesn’t have to have the highest figures as I don’t feel it’s the primary job.

In short, I think the team would be better if the strikers scored more goals and the 10 kept possession better. It is great that Bruno gets a lot of goals, but I’d prefer if he were a high level middle third player. If that then exposes the front three as not up to it, they need to be held accountable for that.

It should be obvious for anyone that actually watches the games. I love him for what he is and what he has done for us, but all this best player in the world talk is absolutely deluded. Despite the stats, out of similar players, De Bruyne is better for example, and there is nothing wrong with admitting it.
ok. KDB is a better player. Not many would disagree - but this is one of the best players of the past decade, so it’s really a criticism.

Mickson

Don't really know what to make of him - still. I think he is a clutch player, does 2-3 brilliant things a game but can also be very bad. A bit like Ronaldo was at times. He is one of the least problems in this team though.

Canagel

We'd finish outside top 4 both this season and last without him.
Based on what exactly? Sporting won the league unbeaten as soon as he left while he has won no trophies and flopped badly in every big game as our "star player".

Overrated player. Sorry

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You implied "having a different 10 would improve us", which alludes to the fact that you think Bruno isn't good enough and someone can do better.

Let's not turn this into an episode of random verbal gymnastics, when your logic transfers to the same point.
Except it doesn’t. But if you’d like me to clarify, then I will. And I said a different type of 10, not simply a ‘different 10’. The subtle misquote makes all the difference. I am thinking of a unit. I don’t care for this assembling of 20 goals here plus 20 goals there equals x. I think our team lacks certain qualities that would benefit us more than what Bruno gives. Most people would say Bruno is better than Grealish. They would also say they are different types of players. Me saying Grealish’s type is more needed doesn’t mean Bruno isn’t a good enough player, or even a worse one. Just like Pep doesn’t think Jesus is better than Aguero, just different.

Mainoldo

I’ve sen similar comments about Zlatan. But is this just you talking or do you have some kind of theory why Sporting became better without him?
The same theory behind us being 6th 7th if we didn’t have him.

Zero theory just a bunch of trash talking.

BlueHaze

Based on what exactly? Sporting won the league unbeaten as soon as he left while he has won no trophies and flopped badly in every big game.

Overrated player. Sorry
Your opinion of him as a player is fine but don't be delusional or in denial. The winter he was signed he came in and completely changed our season for the better or have you forgotten how shit we was before he came in?

Welbeckham

ok. KDB is a better player. Not many would disagree - but this is one of the best players of the past decade, so it’s really a criticism.
I’m pretty sure there are plenty of people who disagree, baffling as it is.

As for Bruno, I think his role and importance is much bigger than it should be. We should have more players capable of scoring and assisting and winning games.

Bruno is not a particularly great dribbler or passer, but he works hard and tries a lot of ambitious things. Keeping it more simple would sometimes do good but at the same time he might lost a little of what makes him great.

The United

Based on what exactly? Sporting won the league unbeaten as soon as he left while he has won no trophies and flopped badly in every big game as our "star player".

Overrated player. Sorry
Says more about the team than the man then.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sure. Why is Bruno a problem for that? His off the ball movement is excellent as is his creativity. He leads Europe in loads of creativity stats, along with goalscoring stats from that position. He's not a dribbler/runner with the ball, but thats hardly an issue. Our all time leading goalscorer was very similar as a player to him, so I don't see the issue. We need to be better building up with our deeper midfielders, we need to be better with our delivery/decision making from the wings, and we have to be more consistent in general throughout. It's genuinely very weird to look at United this season and decide that Bruno is in any way a problem position.
We do need to be better building from deeper. But the deeper two need to have a better relationship with the 10 for US as a TEAM to build up better. Only that our 10 is a nominal striker which makes it very hard in today’s game for us to control and build.

Teams that value possession often play 3 in the middle and then even drop a 4th in there in the shape of a false 9 for more control. We did this against Wolves, and it was the first time in about 6 games that we were able to pass through them. You need bodies in the central area to control a game. I personally don’t think we have enough.

So while Bruno is quality in the decisive actions, which help us affect a scoreline, games will be more with our control if we had more presence and passing ability in the middle. I think majority of top teams have greater representation in the middle of the park than us. All I’m saying is my personal preference is for a 10 who occupies different areas and is also quality in different areas, not just the final areas.

Posh Red

Overrated player. Sorry
Are you genuinely saying that sporting were better off without one of the most productive players in European football?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Another big game where he’s nowhere to be seen. Becoming concerning.
Shock horror you are in Bruno’s thread after a bad performance.
Have you also bothered criticising Pogba’s performance, you know the player you regularly worship despite so many bad/mediocre performances?
And how about giving McT some credit for today as you mostly repeatedly post crap about him?

The United

Ah, so you again had to add the last but that I didn’t say.

I didn’t say we need the same forwards. We need forwards that score goals. Our top scorer should ideally be in the front 3. If they can’t do that, then we can isolate that and improve them. But our 10 doesn’t have to have the highest figures as I don’t feel it’s the primary job.

In short, I think the team would be better if the strikers scored more goals and the 10 kept possession better. It is great that Bruno gets a lot of goals, but I’d prefer if he were a high level middle third player. If that then exposes the front three as not up to it, they need to be held accountable for that.
Your point was if we had a different no 10, we would be a better team. Only if the forwards were better to compromise lack of G+A and chance creating of that no 10 that you prefered?

Well, great. Good thing you didn't say too much.

marktan

He's another one that looks absolutely gassed. He runs non stop for 90 mins, coupled with the fact there was no pre-season break, a long season, it's no surprise he looks poor. It doesn't help that the Euros start in 2 weeks either.

Really need to give a good portion of our first XI at least 3-4 weeks off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So basically, we don't need a better no 10 as long as we can't fix our forwards?

Your point was if we had a different no 10, we would be a better team. Only if the forwards were better to compromise lack of G+A and chance creating of that no 10 that you prefered?

Well, great. Good thing you didn't say too much.
Yes, again, I’m talking about the ingredients I think we need to be the best team we can be. And to me, that is the three midfielders doing a certain job, and the three forwards doing a certain job. Quite simply, if the midfield 3 are doing that job, and it turns out that the front 3 are not doing theirs - then that is on them, and we can look to improve that. If our forwards can’t score enough, I don’t believe it means ‘great, our 10 will just take up that role’.

Of course, AMs are supposed to contribute in G+A - but there is so much more to the role than that, and in a team with 3 forwards, I don’t think it is the MOST important of their duties. To me, it is by far the strongest attribute of Bruno’s. Which is cool for some, but I personally wouldn’t mind if he were not as good in that area and better in others. Like Grealish. End of this back and forth from my side.

MattofManchester

Except it doesn’t. But if you’d like me to clarify, then I will. And I said a different type of 10, not simply a ‘different 10’. The subtle misquote makes all the difference. I am thinking of a unit. I don’t care for this assembling of 20 goals here plus 20 goals there equals x. I think our team lacks certain qualities that would benefit us more than what Bruno gives. Most people would say Bruno is better than Grealish. They would also say they are different types of players. Me saying Grealish’s type is more needed doesn’t mean Bruno isn’t a good enough player, or even a worse one. Just like Pep doesn’t think Jesus is better than Aguero, just different.
And I disagree. Because there's flawed logic. Based on all your posts, you'd want someone who holds possession and forms a relationship with the midfield, and yet that is so horribly wrong in this Manchester United team.

Bruno is the perfect blueprint for us atm, because in a team with players either unable to make the necessary pass to create an opening or that can barely put two decisions together on the regular, he is the player who forces the issue so that these openings occur.

Place a David Silva in his place, and there'd be an implication that he's mediocre at best, as nothing would suit him.

We are not a possession based team, and under Ole we likely never will be. Despite the presence of Pogba, we are so reliant on one man in Bruno to be the creative point of everything, it is utterly ridiculous, and your "different type of 10",would not be a good fit at all in that scenario.

Bruno will improve with better, more creative players around him, as he does for Portugal.
I'm of the opinion some of you have never watched him play for them at all, where his risk taking is severely tailed off at the benefit of the structure.

el3mel

It's hard to be cruel with Bruno for me. I mean yeah he was fecking garbage tonight and didn't show up but at the same time he has been easily our best player since he has joined and definitely transformed us into a better team. I can slaughter him for today, but honestly can't bring myself to overall doubt him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And I disagree. Because there's flawed logic. Based on all your posts, you'd want someone who holds possession and forms a relationship with the midfield, and yet that is so horribly wrong in this Manchester United team.

Bruno is the perfect blueprint for us atm, because in a team with players either unable to make the necessary pass to create an opening or that can barely put two decisions together on the regular, he is the player who forces the issue so that these openings occur.

Place a David Silva in his place, and there'd be an implication that he's mediocre at best, as nothing would suit him.

We are not a possession based team, and under Ole we likely never will be. Despite the presence of Pogba, we are so reliant on one man in Bruno to be the creative point of everything, it is utterly ridiculous, and your "different type of 10",would not be a good fit at all in that scenario.

Bruno will improve with better, more creative players around him, as he does for Portugal.
I'm of the opinion some of you have never watched him play for them at all, where his risk taking is severely tailed off at the benefit of the structure.
Not being a ‘possession team’ isn’t good enough in my eyes. A team that can’t pass with a 10 that tries to force the issue, as you put it, will be found out eventually. To me, it will need to go back to the drawing boards and build differently. You can’t just ‘force the issue’ to major trophies. You need a better way of playing consistently IMO.

I’m not even mad at Bruno. Even tonight. I don’t think it’s fair to have this pendulum of whether he played well or not based on some stupid standard of goal contributions. As a unit, we need to improve. However, I also think that in such a unit, he isn’t the best fit.

The United

Yes, again, I’m talking about the ingredients I think we need to be the best team we can be. And to me, that is the three midfielders doing a certain job, and the three forwards doing a certain job. Quite simply, if the midfield 3 are doing that job, and it turns out that the front 3 are not doing theirs - then that is on them, and we can look to improve that. If our forwards can’t score enough, I don’t believe it means ‘great, our 10 will just take up that role’.

Of course, AMs are supposed to contribute in G+A - but there is so much more to the role than that, and in a team with 3 forwards, I don’t think it is the MOST important of their duties. To me, it is by far the strongest attribute of Bruno’s. Which is cool for some, but I personally wouldn’t mind if he were not as good in that area and better in others. Like Grealish. End of this back and forth from my side.
Grealish could easily flop here. We don't know. And, Bruno does more than contributing in G+A than most AMs. Have you seen his defensive contributions? I mean seriously laughable stuff. Better stop there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Grealish could easily flop here. We don't know. And, Bruno does more than contributing in G+A than most AMs. Have you seen his defensive contributions? I mean seriously laughable stuff. Better stop there.
Really? Defending? You think that was what I had in mind when mentioning Grealish and David Silva?

The United

Really? Defending? You think that was what I had in mind when mentioning Grealish and David Silva?
Well, who knows what kind of nonsenses in your mind when you talk about no 10? You didn't want the most G+A, most chance creating, most defensive contribution including pressing/tackles from front etc which are valuable stats to build a so called modern football team.

Can your no 10s do that? I mean other than you know beating a man. What else do you want? 'controlling a game as a No 10'? What stats do you use to measure that btw?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well, who knows what kind of nonsenses in your mind when you talk about no 10? You didn't want the most G+A, most creating chances, most defensive contribution including pressing/tackles from front etc which are valuable stats to build a so called modern football team.

Can your no 10s do that? I mean other than you know beating a man. What else do you want? 'controlling a game as a No 10'? What stats do you use to measure that btw?
I mentioned it already, but you have instead chosen to repeatedly build points around things I didn’t say, because I presume you disagree with those things. I’ve even given you a couple of examples of 10s to help, and you haven’t paid any attention to the qualities that they have, and have continued to form abstract rebuttals.

Silas

Well, who knows what kind of nonsenses in your mind when you talk about no 10? You didn't want the most G+A, most chance creating, most defensive contribution including pressing/tackles from front etc which are valuable stats to build a so called modern football team.

Why do you need stats?

always_hoping

Clear game plan by Villarreal to not allow Bruno have any influence on the game. For a while he looks to be maxed out and could do having the summer off than playing in the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.