6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

You really need to read what people say. I was responding to you saying it's "laughable" to compare the two. Which seems even more silly coming from someone who seems intent on judging Bruno by his assists alone. That whole one assist more per season makes the comparison laughable? Really?
And when did I ever say David Silva scored or assisted more? I said comparing the two is laughable and it is. David Silva is on an entirely different level to Bruno and it has nothing to do with goals or assists. Discussing this with someone who refuses to ever criticise Bruno regardless of how he performs is pointless, though.

Real Name

And when did I ever say David Silva scored or assisted more? I said comparing the two is laughable and it is. David Silva is on an entirely different level to Bruno and it has nothing to do with goals or assists. Discussing this with someone who refuses to ever criticise Bruno regardless of how he performs is pointless, though.
So let me get this right. You dont rate Bruno based on his statistics.
Yet Silva, whose statistics are a bit worse, is 'entirely different level' to Bruno and it 'has nothing to do with goals or asissts'.

Sounds legit.

mctrials23

Hes not as good as KdB but then who is? KdB is a monster, no two ways about it. Bruno however is top class.

Was great to hear the reception all the players got last night after the ridiculous narrative from the media since Sunday. One of the first things the commentators tried to suggest was that we needed to prevent this from becoming a crisis. If we had won that Liverpool game people would have been talking about the title and competing for 4 trophies but instead its nearly a crisis.

Utterly ridiculous in every way. The players had an off day and Liverpool scored from everything. We had a higher xG than Liverpool yesterday and won 4-1.

Bruno is integral to the team and though he is frustrating he is easily one of our most vital players. Whenever he doesn't play we look a shadow of ourselves. On that topic, he almost always plays and always works his heart out. Top player and United and the fans are lucky to have him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yet Silva, whose statistics are a bit worse, is 'entirely different level' to Bruno and it 'has nothing to do with goals or asissts'.

Sounds legit.
I don’t know if Silva’s statistics are worse. Definitely comparable. He never took penalties, so that might explain the difference in goals. Their assists are close though. Considering the quality of the teams they played for then Bruno is obviously very similar in terms of creativity. More careless in possession than Silva but a hell of a lot better defensively.

Oranges038

He was excellent last night, when he plays like that there's few better players in his position.

Real Name

I don’t know if Silva’s statistics are worse. Definitely comparable. He never took penalties, so that might explain the difference in goals. Their assists are close though. Considering the quality of the teams they played for then Bruno is obviously very similar in terms of creativity. More careless in possession than Silva but a hell of a lot better defensively.
Its just him moving goalpost as he goes along.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
You don't half post some guff.

zaafi

Sounds legit.
What are you talking about? I rate Bruno, just not as highly as some on here. I think he's a great player but lacks extremely important traits to be considered amongst the absolute elite number 10s. Besides, it is not his statistics that is the reason I don't rate him as highly as you. You're just responding for the sake of it without reading what I'm saying.
Silva's statistics aren't worse than Bruno's, and if you think statistics is all that matters in football, I've got news for you.
Only once has Bruno got more than 7 assists in Premier League during a season. 18 goals and 12 assists (9 of his goals were penalties). Great stats but the rest of the seasons, has he been better than David Silva? Anyway, if you genuinely think Bruno is better overall than Silva then so be it, but he's not.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone else find it really fecking bizzare how they were trying to frame the challenge with Bravo? Kept saying shite like “he’s really lucky he’s not showing his studs there or it’s a red”, acting like we’ve got away with one. To quote Gino D'Acampo “if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a bicycle”.

suheilsworld

Hes not as good as KdB but then who is? KdB is a monster, no two ways about it. Bruno however is top class.

Was great to hear the reception all the players got last night after the ridiculous narrative from the media since Sunday. One of the first things the commentators tried to suggest was that we needed to prevent this from becoming a crisis. If we had won that Liverpool game people would have been talking about the title and competing for 4 trophies but instead its nearly a crisis.

Utterly ridiculous in every way. The players had an off day and Liverpool scored from everything. We had a higher xG than Liverpool yesterday and won 4-1.

Bruno is integral to the team and though he is frustrating he is easily one of our most vital players. Whenever he doesn't play we look a shadow of ourselves. On that topic, he almost always plays and always works his heart out. Top player and United and the fans are lucky to have him.
Sums up perfectly my feelings about the pool game and the media response to it. Good post!

Oranges038

Anyone else find it really fecking bizzare how they were trying to frame the challenge with Bravo? Kept saying shite like “he’s really lucky he’s not showing his studs there or it’s a red”, acting like we’ve got away with one. To quote Gino D'Acampo “if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a bicycle”.
Yeah, he clearly pulled out of it. Made only a small bit of contact but the way the commentators kept saying he was lucky and this could be reviewed felt like they were salivating for him to get a red, just so they'd have something to rant about in the studio.

A 4-1 win with no real talking points doesn't make for good TV, because the pundits might actually have to talk about how good the football was.

Man Utd 0:0 Southampton

JeffFromHK

It is so infuriating to watch him randomly and aimlessly knock the ball forward with no intended target and gifting the opposition the position for no reason.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Must’ve been a poor nights Kip. Very tired today.

Based Adnan

Needs to see a therapist. When things go against us he's far too emotional for his own good. So poor.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hope that's the end of the play-him-deeper experiment. Lacks the discipline and tries exactly the same dumb flicks and risky pass as a certain PP did. Then again the option for the next four league games is McFred (if Sabitzer is not fit) so not sure. Perhaps we must go back into the Lindelöf or Licha as a DM discussion.

AshRK

He is just too casual with the ball. It's like he wants to try something too difficult for the sake of it. Should be more smart especially when playing with 10 men

DevTheRed

He has some real brain fart moments out there doesn’t he? No looks passes in his own defensive third is a certain trait of his.

hobbers

Bruno the central midfielder will take us out of the top four in the next month.

Keep him on the wing where he cant damage our build up so much and give away so many dangerous counter attacks.

Dannn411

Think i'm starting to believe that post about us never being able to win the title with this guy as our primary creative force. Wreckless and irresponsible are his middle names.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He thinks he's so much better than he is.

Will always have moments where he scores or assists, because of the amount of attempts he has, but he's way too wasteful with the ball.

Very good, effective, player but probably a level or 2 below what we need from someone in that position.

TsuWave

He plays too much football.
Guy has unlocked a new life hack:

Gets praised for playing a lot > plays shite > doesn't get criticised on the quality of his performances/it's excused because he plays a lot

must be nice

Last edited:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
2 bad games, one good game in between that's him.

When people will realize that the better.

We need to build our team around technically sound players.

He is the epitome of current United side. You don't know which United you will get same as Bruno.

Incredibly he's loved by people so you can't question his place in the team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I like Bruno, but if he just wants to look where he's passing it occasionally, that'd be lovely.

IFC 1905

This guy reminds me of Tevez in a certain way. Never understand why people loves him, he's clearly a horrible captain, not a united level player. Always against his teammates, makes a shit decision and the first thing he does is screaming against a teammate.

The day this guy, fred, any right back, and antony are replaced by consistent players. Not even as good as these, but consistent and better teammates, we will fight for everything under ten hag.

The United

Eh, didn't' think he was that bad considering we were playing with only 10 and the manager leaving him in the deep middle?

And considering that the two closet chances came from him as well?

JeffFromHK

that aimless knocking the ball forward with his head at the end of the game at 95:30 to start a final counter for Southpampton is so representative of Bruno Fernandes.
You can't understand what was going on in his head when he made the decision to do that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Eh, didn't' think he was that bad considering we were playing with only 10 and the manager leaving him in the middle?

And considering that the two closet chances came from him as well?
This post kind of sums Bruno up for me. He was fecking awful (particularly second half) but because he nearly scored its forgiven. How many times do we see posts like "he was awful but 2 assists so..." Like yeh, assists and goals are massive, but they shouldn't excuse really bad displays in all other areas.

The United

This post kind of sums Bruno up for me. He was fecking awful (particularly second half) but because he nearly scored its forgiven. How many times do we see posts like "he was awful but 2 assists so..." Like yeh, assists and goals are massive, but they shouldn't excuse really bad displays in all other areas.
I am not sure what "forgiven' stuff there is with him. He had his moments, which looked worse with the kind of game we were in. His primary job is to create, which he did. So, he was not as bad as people are making him out to be. If people say that for games like Liverpool, I would fully agree with it.

You can find a player making stupid mistakes in every game. You would use "forgiven" stuff for every single one of them?

El Jefe

Random but two games stick out in my mind from our rivals, Arsenal vs Blackburn and Man City vs Hull. City and Arsenal both had a man sent off but guess what they won those games. David Silva and Fabregas ran both of these games despite being a man down. They controlled the tempo and made sure their teams were dominant.

Bruno on the other hand was more responsible for the chaotic nature of our whole game. He is so dreadful in possession and with his ball retention. How do people not see that he holds this team back, there is a celing to this team as long as he plays a key part. I grew up watching attacking midfielders that immediately looked like the most comfortable player with the ball and excelled at ball retention, dribbling and linkup play.

This is why I preferred him out wide, he's less of a hazard to the team out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.