6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Taking player performance ratings by fans seriously is a mug’s game. For the reasons you say and plenty of others. One of the biggest being that a bad result will knock a point or two off every rating and a good result will add a point or two. So the same player can put in two identical performances in a game we win and a game we lose and get radically different opinions. Plus players who divide opinions will get absolutely hammered by their critics if they put in anything other than a top performance. Especially when that player is someone like Bruno who is the creative hub of the team, with consistently amongst the highest number of touches and passes of any player in the team. There’s no way to try and be “objective” about any footballer other than the actual stats behind their performances. Trying to judge them based on a popularity contest is stupid.
Agreed. I assumed nobody took the caf player performance ratings too seriously until a few hours ago.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
My favourite part of the post was when he prefixed it with "before the weirdos come in to counter my argument..." before then demonstrating peak weirdo behaviour by totting up each individual average match rating in an attempt to criticise his own player :lol:
What’s weird about looking back on things that you wouldn’t remember rather than going with narrative? What’s weird is accepting the rating when it’s good and questioning it when it’s poor. This thread is full of weirdos. You fit in well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Taking player performance ratings by fans seriously is a mug’s game. For the reasons you say and plenty of others. One of the biggest being that a bad result will knock a point or two off every rating and a good result will add a point or two. So the same player can put in two identical performances in a game we win and a game we lose and get radically different opinions. Plus players who divide opinions will get absolutely hammered by their critics if they put in anything other than a top performance. Especially when that player is someone like Bruno who is the creative hub of the team, with consistently amongst the highest number of touches and passes of any player in the team. There’s no way to try and be “objective” about any footballer other than the actual stats behind their performances. Trying to judge them based on a popularity contest is stupid.
:lol: Hypocrite. Sick of showing what a hypocrite you are. I’ll just leave your post there.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Agreed. I assumed nobody took the caf player performance ratings too seriously until a few hours ago.
What does this even mean? Every game fans watch and come back with an appraisal. There’s literally a thread for each players performance. Your only issue is that the game by game analysis doesn’t support your narrative.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What’s weird about looking back on things that you wouldn’t remember rather than going with narrative? What’s weird is accepting the rating when it’s good and questioning it when it’s poor. This thread is full of weirdos. You fit in well.
If you're wanting to look back on things that you don't remember then surely in-game stats would be a better indicator of a player's performances? Why are you instead putting so much credence on the caf player ratings? I'm going to hazard a guess it's because Bruno's stats are pretty fecking good and therefore doesn't fit your narrative.
What does this even mean? Every game fans watch and come back with an appraisal. There’s literally a thread for each players performance. Your only issue is that the game by game analysis doesn’t support your narrative.
I've got no issues with player performance threads. They are a place for opinions and subjective analysis. My issue is when someone unironically tries to spin subjective views into objective, matter-of-fact findings, whilst at the same time trying to act like the smartest guy in the room for doing something so pointless.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought Bruno played best in that deeper role. I like us to buy a 10 to play with Bruno and casemiro then have Eriksen backup and a striker.

Overall Bruno is a bit hit and miss as a 10.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Unfortunately some player performance threads are full of nonsense from agenda driven posters who think Bruno Fernandes has had 30 poor games this season and has been outperformed by Shaw, Varane and Garnacho :(

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
What? :lol: Have you been on the in-game discussion threads? People are losing their minds over a misplaced pass. It is the least sensible appraisal you can get on here. Even if you were to compare those ratings to the ones on the BBC for example, I can guarantee you'll see a much higher rating for Bruno in almost every game.
Can't be really watching a game properly if they're posting on here

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I actually thought he was one of the worst players for United in this game (sloppy passing, forcing it long), but he can finish a chance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If you're wanting to look back on things that you don't remember then surely in-game stats would be a better indicator of a player's performances? Why are you instead putting so much credence on the caf player ratings? I'm going to hazard a guess it's because Bruno's stats are pretty fecking good and therefore doesn't fit your narrative.

I've got no issues with player performance threads. They are a place for opinions and subjective analysis. My issue is when someone unironically tries to spin subjective views into objective, matter-of-fact findings, whilst at the same time trying to act like the smartest guy in the room for doing something so pointless.
Last response to you on this….My memory of Bruno’s season is that he has had a lot of poor performances, in fact my memory overall is that he hasn’t had too many brilliant performances. So when you get posters saying he’s had a brilliant season and your recollection is different then in my opinion here is a good tool to look at how his performances were viewed game to game. If that logic goes beyond you then I can’t do anything about that but I refuse to go over the point again and again.

You crack on thinking that Bruno played fantastically yet fans came on here and for some reason, in a largely pro Bruno thread, decided individually with no connection to say he was poor, for some bizarre reason, they must all have agendas. It’s funny that some games where Bruno was fantastic that fans didn’t do this. It would be a wonder how they chose their games to do this when they weren’t basing it on Bruno’s actual performance

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You crack on thinking that Bruno played fantastically yet fans came on here and for some reason, in a largely pro Bruno thread, decided individually with no connection to say he was poor, for some bizarre reason, they must all have agendas. It’s funny that some games where Bruno was fantastic that fans didn’t do this. It would be a wonder how they chose their games to do this when they weren’t basing it on Bruno’s actual performance
You crack on thinking that the caf player ratings are the best way to judge a player's performance, despite seeing posters on other threads admitting that they only bother giving ratings when we've lost and then everyone gets a low rating: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/lisandro-martínez-2022-23-performances.471684/page-163#post-30603257

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
119 - Bruno Fernandes created 119 chances in the Premier League this season, the highest on record (since 2003-04) by a @ManUtd player in a single campaign. Might drive you mad at times but he delivers

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You crack on thinking that the caf player ratings are the best way to judge a player's performance, despite seeing posters on other threads admitting that they only bother giving ratings when we've lost and then everyone gets a low rating: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/lisandro-martínez-2022-23-performances.471684/page-163#post-30603257
I didn’t go off the score. I went off the posts ffs. There’s plenty after every game good and bad. Hopefully you get it now. Please.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I didn’t go off the score. I went off the posts ffs. There’s plenty after every game good and bad. Hopefully you get it now. Please.
You tried quantifying reactive, emotional post-match comments:
Anyway this is the general consensus of Bruno’s performances by Caf this season :-

Poor

Brighton
Brentford
Southampton
City
Newcastle
West Ham
Fulham
Wolves
Everton
Bournemouth
Palace
Arsenal
Leeds
West Ham
Liverpool (disgrace)
Southampton
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Chelsea

Ave

Liverpool
Villa
Leeds
Newcastle
West Ham

Good

Leicester
Everton
Chelsea
Forrest
City
Palace
Brentford
Spurs
Villa
Brighton

Brilliant

Arsenal
Spurs
Leicester
Everton
Forest
Wolves

19 poor games, 5 average, 10 good, 6 brilliant
Such a pointless endeavour when you could've quite simply looked at his in-game stats if you wanted true objective data.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You tried quantifying reactive, emotional post-match comments:

Such a pointless endeavour when you could've quite simply looked at his in-game stats if you wanted true objective data.
I don’t judge by stats. I go to the game and watch them play. Bye.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I don’t judge by stats. I go to the game and watch them play. Bye.
Same here, which begs the question why you spent so much time trying to quantify the opinions of posters from 40 different individual games, when instead you could've just said "I haven't got the numbers to hand, but I think he's had more poor games than good games this season".

Highfather_24

He's so so sloppy with his passing, even when he does contribute, I feel like he can do so much better.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He’s alright this bloke
Fantastic, he is a chance creating machine.

Apart from this, his defensive contribution is good too. His work rate is insane and he wins fair share of tackles, 80th percentile in tackles won and 93 percentile in ball recoveries (loose ball recovered).

Hopefully he starts scoring goals, he has missed some very easy chances. Also as a team if we are clinical then he will cross 20 assists (in all competitions) easily.

Suv666

He's so so sloppy with his passing, even when he does contribute, I feel like he can do so much better.
Yea this. He’s got insane numbers but his habit of misplacing easy passes is so frustrating. If he improves on that he can easily become one of the best around.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Everytime he has the ball, it feels like he will either create a chance or lose it. He doesn't do in between often.

He's one of the players that will benefit drastically from having someone like Kane in the team.

On the other hand, i dont think he gets enough credit for the other side of his game. His work rate is insane, his availability is almost a joke and his leadership has been a huge plus this season.

Idxomer

Cool finish and he showed unusual composure in the move before the first goal.

Blood Mage

Statistically an amazing season for him yet again but always a frustrating player to watch regardless. I wish he wasn't so gung-ho and reckless at times.

arnie_ni

If we get him a world class striker his assists will go of the chain.

Still not sure how he'd work with Harry kane dropping into his areas all the time.

I suppose he could run ahead of him like his goal today

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If we get him a world class striker his assists will go of the chain.

Still not sure how he'd work with Harry kane dropping into his areas all the time.

I suppose he could run ahead of him like his goal today
Bruno's off the ball movement is very good, I think it should work really well. Kane dropping deep and picking up passes with Rashford and Bruno making runs.

Highfather_24

Yea this. He’s got insane numbers but his habit of misplacing easy passes is so frustrating. If he improves on that he can easily become one of the best around.
Everytime he has the ball, it feels like he will either create a chance or lose it. He doesn't do in between often.
I dont think he can. He seems scared to hold on to the ball, he must release it immediately with either a final ball, a flick or a pass. I think he is not confident enough to play or run with the ball, and that seperates him from other top #10s. The catch is, even if he has a bad game, he will contribute, and that's why he is so important. Without him in the team, we kinda look clueless, because atleast he has the balls to play the risky pass.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I love this version of Bruno. For me, this was his best season at Old Trafford, now that he is starting to play with a little more control. There was a big improvement in that regard. He still has that incredible creativity, but isn’t all at sea when momentum shifts the other way. Hopefully he can contribute a few more open play goals next season again, as he’s definitely capable of that.

He’ll be the next club captain and it will be well deserved.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
I’d love to see his stats during the Ronaldo experiment and post the Ronald’s experiment. I felt at the timethat the problems in them playing together were a bit overstated but since Ronnie left it really felt like Bruno went up a couple of levels.

Really excited now to see what next season brings from Bruno if we can get a proper dynamic forward in front of him.

I do get some of the frustration from him but take him out that team and the drop off is absolutely immense.

Idxomer

Is he playing with more control? That doesn't seem reflected in the stats, even yesterday his passing accuracy was 63%. He had some games in the last couple of months where he was more composed on the ball. There are still too many games where like half the time he seems to pick the wrong option. Yesterday was exactly like that till we scored the first goal.

He's the most important player in our attack, I'm still not sure though whether this is a good thing or not.

GueRed

His passing can be hit or miss which can infuriate a lot of fans.

It's a good thing he plays further up the pitch and not in front of the defence with the amount of sloppy and untidy passes he plays.

For me overall he's had a good season.
Apart from his footballing qualities I love him because even if he does have a poor/average game his work rate is still high and never hides or shy away from the ball. Always available for selection and a team player.
The manager knows what he's going to get from him week in and week out.

Good run and finish from him yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.