Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
With the subs, he had to play in a position that didn't favour our attack. And it's a position that demands more runs. With the injured ankle, he should've been spared that and be kept in the middle, where he was being the most dangerous.

BorisManUtd

If/When Maguire leaves, Bruno will become our 1st captain surely? Can't think of anyone better equipped. Always available, full of hunger to play and win in every single game and a quality player that transformed from the day he came in 2020.

He'll turn 29 in September so I do hope we can improve our team more over next 2 summer windows and push for bigger things. Player like him should be winning big trophies.

ForeverRed1

KDB is one of the best midfielders to have ever played in the Premier League. Bruno is not. Of course he is levels above.
brunos numbers tell a different story and yes, of course, stats aren’t everything but in terms of being effective, Bruno is up there with the very best. His numbers are exceptional and he deserves more credit than he gets.

The United

He’s playing well but him drastically becoming toothless in front of goal is an issue.

We've only scored 48 goals this season in the PL - only Fulham and Villa have scored fewer in the top 10. Bruno dropping from 18 goals in his first season, to 10 in his second, now down to 5 is an issue for a side who struggle to put the ball in the onion bag.
Funny that I could swear some people in this thread said something like they don't care if he does not assist or score goals as long as he improves his ball retention or something.

The United

KDB is one of the best midfielders to have ever played in the Premier League. Bruno is not. Of course he is levels above.
KDB is levels above Bruno in some sense because he won tons. But ability-wise, in playing No. 10, they are not too far since Bruno has been in EPL.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Funny that I could swear some people in this thread said something like they don't care if he does not assist or score goals as long as he improves his ball retention or something.
I mean, even if that was true, his ball retention is still down in the dumpsters. His creativity is just as high - if not higher - the only part of his game that has changed most is his inability in front of goal (even away from penalties as some have said)

The United

I mean, even if that was true, his ball retention is still down in the dumpsters. His creativity is just as high - if not higher - the only part of his game that has changed most is his inability in front of goal (even away from penalties as some have said)
I am agreeing with you that his goal output has been down for many reasons but playing him in the deep and on the wing will not help him on that as well.

Lost bear

I am agreeing with you that his goal output has been down for many reasons but playing him in the deep and on the wing will not help him on that as well.
That’s a fair point, and goals are a major issue for us. But Bruno’s contribution in other ways has been pretty amazing this season, there’s little doubt. One of our most important players- - and consistently so.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Someone needs to sit him down and go through an extensive "Things to do and not to do when you're only one goal up in injury time".

Think it would be incredibly beneficial.

Glad he scored though, bit of luck but got what he deserved.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"Why did he do that?"
"We will never win the league with him in the side!"
"I am complaining even if you scored the only goal that won us the match!!!!"
"This guy is crap even if he has saved our arses multiple times ever since he joined!!!"

Meanwhile

Alemar

Good goal, an important one. Looked very tired in the end. But a good thing was that he didn’t give an armband to Maguire when he came on

El Jefe

Not the smartest player.

Very important goal but had way too many head scratching moments and his petulance and feigning injuries was worse than normal. Some of it was embarrassing, Sancho even had to tell him to stop moaning.

Saying that his pass for Rashy in the first half on the inside left was a beauty.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
After his horrific close range miss cost us the points last game, did well to get to the ball fast enough and finished well.. Still don't ever feel in control with him in the team, can easily lose the ball in the middle to lead to a dangerous counter. Pretty much happens every game actually. We hsoul djust accept what he is..

Zoo

Our most important player. Desire to get there and finish was great. Taken for granted because he plays so much.

Idxomer

Not as good as in the last few games but scored the winning goal while playing out of position.

Nicolarra90

Almost screwed it all at the end. Good for Casemiro for the bollocking post match.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I didn't think he'd have the pace to get there for the goal but it was really good acceleration.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

File this under quotes to give some heartburn. It's funny how much Ten Hag loves him when so many had convinced themselves that Ten Hag would ship him out. :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

File this under quotes to give some heartburn. It's funny how much Ten Hag loves him when so many had convinced themselves that Ten Hag would ship him out. :lol:
I think we’re seeing more and more how much of a pragmatic ‘practical’ manager he is. He’s a lot less of a dogmatic Ajax Cruijffian disciple than initially expected. A true Dutch Ajax spoofer like van Gaal would’ve probably had Bruno playing with the U23s for how much he gives the ball away

The United

Not the smartest player.

Very important goal but had way too many head scratching moments and his petulance and feigning injuries was worse than normal. Some of it was embarrassing, Sancho even had to tell him to stop moaning.

Saying that his pass for Rashy in the first half on the inside left was a beauty.
His moaning is annoying in general. But to be fair to him, Sancho was, as usual, slow to release the ball and hardly someone to bark back at Bruno based on his own performances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not the smartest player.

Sancho failed to complete easy pass, Villa player blocked the pass when Sancho wasted enough time to allow defender to close down. Bruno had a go and Sancho asked him to calm down.

Not how you are describing it.

roonster09

Scout
EtH should stop messing with his post, just to play inferior players in attacking mid position.

He is much better player as AM, with Villa defending high, he would have feasted.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
After his horrific close range miss cost us the points last game, did well to get to the ball fast enough and finished well.. Still don't ever feel in control with him in the team, can easily lose the ball in the middle to lead to a dangerous counter. Pretty much happens every game actually. We hsoul djust accept what he is..
Bizarre way to describe what was an inch away from being a candidate for one of the goals of the season.

roonster09

Scout
:lol:

SATA

He’s an absolute machine. Also thought it was hilarious to see Sancho of all people to tell him to stop moaning and he did after that :lol:

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’m gonna put this out there. I always prefer him out right because I’ve always likened him to Beckham.
Great contributions from him today.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A very good first half but faded away a bit in the second. And agree with many others, for a captain and an experienced player he really should improve his game management.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I think we’re seeing more and more how much of a pragmatic ‘practical’ manager he is. He’s a lot less of a dogmatic Ajax Cruijffian disciple than initially expected. A true Dutch Ajax spoofer like van Gaal would’ve probably had Bruno playing with the U23s for how much he gives the ball away
I don't wish to go down that rabbit hole, but i believe LvG would have loved him. In fact, a lot of the tactical experimentations with two forwards (either the infamous 352 or the 442 diamond) were partially down to the absence of that crucial #10. Also, don't forget that LvG's go-to formation was the 4231, not the classic-Dutch 433. He would have bitten your hand, during his stint at United, for a prolific creator who can also get in the box and score goals.

Anyway, good instinct for the goal. Well anticipated gamble and he knew exactly where he should place his shot. We rarely score such goals and that's a problem. Marcus had every right to be angry with himself for missing a similar opportunity to secure the three points early in the second half.

I also think he should have been moved deeper when Eriksen got subbed off. When we lost the ability to play the early ball in-behind, AV gained lots of yards on the pitch. Certainly better than bringing Maguire to deal with balls in the box.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Bizarre way to describe what was an inch away from being a candidate for one of the goals of the season.
That really is overstatement, he got a bit lucky before he got to the finishing position. Not sure anymore what preceded it, some nice team interplay I assume. With a goal that big he should have slotted it home though. Bruno also have been missing a lot of easy chances this season. As one of the main attackers in the team, he should be responsible for our goalscoring record.

He certainly is more of an instinctive player/finisher, less time he has to think about what he does is better for him.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Scored the winner, played the 90 (again) and created a tonne of great chances. More negative than positive comments because he 'almost' gave the ball away. #RedCafe

Status
Not open for further replies.