2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Tyrion

I hate to break it to you but De Bruyne didn't grow up with posters of Paul Dickov on his wall. Nor did Salah grow up idioloising Steve Mcmanaman. It's safe to assume that 99.9% of PL footballers primary motivation isn't to do their club proud, rather it is to play football. That doesn't make them selfish. As fans, we expect our players to give their all for the team they play for. Bruno does that. To knock him for that, and to call him selfish for playing through the pain barrier in order to help his team, is just plain weird.
Agreed. I can only assume anyone making that argument is just looking for a reason to hate Bruno. So many of our players don't care so I'm willing to give Bruno a lot of slack simply because he actually shows up. It's a low bar but the rest of our wasters struggle with it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This is yet another situation where you’re letting emotions get the better of you
One of the most professional players?…His performance at Anfield in the 7-0 is the most unprofessional performance I’ve seen since Neil Webb and by some distance. He constantly throws himself on the ground when not injured and stays there to prove a point regardless of the team situation.
:lol: it's a good thing you didn't let your emotions get the better of you by referencing a game that took place a year ago in an attempt to prove your point in the 2023/24 player performance thread.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Sticking an emoji doesn’t add to a debate. If you feel differently then either explain why you feel Bruno acted professionally that day or give examples of games where players have acted more unprofessionally

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: it's a good thing you didn't let your emotions get the better of you by referencing a game that took place a year ago in an attempt to prove your point in the 2023/24 player performance thread.
This is the post I replied to…take a breath dear, calm down and look at the content….

I’m not being naive at all. You have an agenda. On his day he’s a match winner and he’s absolutely always available even if he’s carrying a knock. He hasn’t produced anything consistently in ages and has gone through his worst spell and it’s fair to say everyone was equally awful under Ralf.

He’s won us far more games than any other player post Fergie. He’s definitely been the one of the most professional and hard working players we’ve brought in. He puts the likes of Pogba and Sancho to shame with his workrate and passion for the club. His erratic performances or antics can be a turn off but I feel like we've also been far too reliant on Bruno, if he doesn’t produce we are usually screwed, there is no plan B apart from get the ball to him. There should be goals and assists throughout the team and the fact there isn’t doesn’t mean it’s totally Bruno’s fault. The other attackers need to get fired up and give it a real go but I don’t want to get started on the likes of Rashford here.
1. SAF retired in 2013
2. Pogba left in 2022
3. Sancho hasn’t played this season

When responding to these points, I could’ve stuck to Bruno’s performance this season, they’ve been that bad for that long, however the poster I responded to referenced a time period of over a decade ago and a player who left 2 years ago. So I felt justified in referencing a game from 12 months ago.

No emotion, just replying within the context of conversation.

More than happy to answer questions as always to help your comprehension.

Enjoy your day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bruno woudnt such an issue if he wasn’t a 10. It’s a role where if you have the wrong player it impacts the entire team so much. The fact that he’s a 10 who cant dribble, isn’t strong, doesn’t have pace, and isn’t a true playmaker / brilliant at possession retention, makes him - despite his great effort levels and engine - problematic in today’s day and age. It makes us easier to press and more suited to being the counter hungry team we are.

Not the only issue - as having a DLP instead of Casemiro would help, a LW with some intelligence would help - but certainly one of the problems now. He’s a very good player but he’s too end product centric to be the 10 we need.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This is the post I replied to…take a breath dear, calm down and look at the content….

1. SAF retired in 2013
2. Pogba left in 2022
3. Sancho hasn’t played this season

When responding to these points, I could’ve stuck to Bruno’s performance this season, they’ve been that bad for that long, however the poster I responded to referenced a time period of over a decade ago and a player who left 2 years ago. So I felt justified in referencing a game from 12 months ago.

No emotion, just replying within the context of conversation.

More than happy to answer questions as always to help your comprehension.

Enjoy your day.
Take a deep breath and see if you can go a couple of days without bringing up the 7-0 loss from a year ago vs our most bitter rivals. It might do you some good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sky sports doing a hilarious article on him showing he's not fouled anywhere near as much as other players (111th most fouled player) is kinda funny seeing as he plays every game

GueRed

It's a shame Mount has been a crock this season. I reckon he would've pushed Bruno. His position on the pitch is currently unchallenged and the manager can't really afford to rest him.

OldSchoolManc

The 110 more fouled players than Fernandes is hilarious.
I’d say that most fouls on him are ignored as he reacts badly to most contacts.

Gar&Nachos

My favorite match of Bruno Fernandes's career under Ten Hag was the one match in the 1st season where he played as a CM partner to Casemiro in a double pivot because Eriksen was injured.

Casemiro - Bruno​

I believe playing Bruno Fernandes as a number 10 makes our game too predictable because then its like we got a more hard working version of Mesut Ozil that's primarily our one and only creator.

If I'm right he even plays more as a CM for Portugal than as a CAM.

Whilst his risk taking passes wouldn't stop completely he seemed much more composed that day and was passing more from deep rather than trying to make the most intricate final pass.

Arguably I'd say that he needs to be used almost more as a replacement for Fred & Eriksen combined in to one - as a CM & a hard working, passer of the ball from a midfield line rather than our number 10.

Mainoo, Bruno & Casemiro in a flat 433 would make a difference & possibly even for Mount & Eriksen.

Pickle85

I wouldn’t even blame Fulham for posting that video.
I thought it was ridiculously small time and unprofessional tbh. Symptomatic of that awful, super-cringeworthy BANTER culture that seems to have permeated so many clubs' social media PR teams of late.

Marwood

When your constantly faking pain to win freekicks, get your opposition in trouble, you can't then complain about somebody poking fun at you for it.

The worst culprits in all this....managers.

They don't care one bit about their own players cheating. They don't even see it as cheating anymore.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I thought it was ridiculously small time and unprofessional tbh. Symptomatic of that awful, super-cringeworthy BANTER culture that seems to have permeated so many clubs' social media PR teams of late.
Bruno has made a test of himself by constantly feigning injury and moaning.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sky sports doing a hilarious article on him showing he's not fouled anywhere near as much as other players (111th most fouled player) is kinda funny seeing as he plays every game
The fact Sky have put that together and published it is pathetic

The Purley King

I wouldn’t even blame Fulham for posting that video.
My thoughts exactly.
Don’t be a twat on the pitch and nobody will call you out for it.
Bruno is up there with rashford for the number of times the physio has to come on for an “injury “

Vidooq

He said the same for Alexis Sanchez, Harry Maguire, basically for most of our player. Even Pogba I believe.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Arguably Bruno should have had three assists before half time. However, Rashford's touch deserted him after 10 minutes. Considering how bad he's been lately, Bruno was much better today.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Onana, Dalot and Varane were better, but Bruno was once again our best midfielder/attacker. I agree that he should have had 3 assists before half time.

Lyng

So many good runs from Garnacho where ignored and his passing was very hit or miss. Worked his socks off but not exactly a great performance

Baneofthegame

Thought he was our best player first half, second half like the rest of the team, anonymous.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he's lost confidence in the players he's passing forward to. There were times where he didn't play the first time ball, because he knows it's going to be a turnover.

Overall played well though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He played well, the strategy was to defend deeper and transion quickly with Onana playing as the quarter back and it was working fine for the first half an hour. But City had the superior players both in ability and endeavour and that ultimately made the difference. But I can't question Bruno's endeavour today he played well

Idxomer

Agree with the posters above, he did as well as he could considering the performances around him.

lex talionis

Solid performance but let down by his forwards, who were off it today. We literally should have been up 0-3 by the 30th minute.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another good performance from him. Kept the ball well under pressure too, and wasn’t hurried when passes were not on. Played some key passes and let down by the others around him.

El Jefe

The first half is probably his best on ball performance against a top team.

NZT-One

I think he did well today. Pretty sure, City had something planned to isolate him, not sure whether it was that or the fact that he played a bit more restricted today led to what we witnessed but I actually kind of liked the way he went about the business today.

What the matched showed though is that the physical level in terms of strength in the City squad is miles better than ours. I've seen Foden brush off Dalot once or twice, B. Silva threw himself into tackles, Stones looked double the size of McTominay and we don't even have to talk about Walker or Rodri, that seriously is something, we struggle with. And to close the bow to Bruno, unfortunately it feels like more and more opposition players just try their luck with him and often come out on top as he is seems light weight and often misses conviction in his off the ball work. Not a dig at him, fairly sure, it is fecking hard to do when everyone around you seems to take the easy route as well...

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
His kind of games. He flourish under such games. Below 30% possession games.
Nothing new, Ole signed him for such games.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was good today, he played a simple game that suits him. Unfortunately he was the only one useful in the final third.

redshaw

Perhaps the only player that positioned himself well to gain a foothold in the game ironically. Sadly no-one else could join him.