5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Eddy_JukeZ

He did sign Amrabat didn’t he who he explicitly said can play next to Casemiro

He also explicitly said Mount can learn to play deeper
Yes he did, but I'd surprised if you see that line-up used a lot.

And I do remember him saying that on Mount, but learning to play deeper doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be used in a double pivot.

Kostov

He really isn't very likeable character, even if you are a United fan. And by the looks of it, not much of a captain.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes he did, but I'd surprised if you see that line-up used a lot.

And I do remember him saying that on Mount, but learning to play deeper doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be used in a double pivot.
I’m willing to bet Amrabat plays more than Mount

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I get so tired of every post match analysis of him being “crap for 85 minutes but created our best chances and got an assist. Classic Bruno!” As if it’s something to be proud of.

You can afford to have a striker that plays poorly but bags goals/assists, but when it’s a midfielder it’s a much bigger issue.
So much this, and I think that's what the stats crowd keeps forgetting.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I actually don't know what was wrong with him yesterday. He seemed to be completely out of the game. It's unusual. Normally "a bad game" is him ruining a lot of stuff, yesterday it was like he wasn't even there. Did Arsenal work to cut him off?

Andrew Richmond

Bruno is a flat track bully, performs occasionally against the lesser lights but rarely delivers against the heavyweights.

zaafi

Has he ever scored a goal away to Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, City etc?
He scored that odd goal against City, but other than that, I don't think so. In fact, I can't even remember an assist against these teams. But it's all good because he scored a penalty against Nottingham.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He scored that odd goal against City, but other than that, I don't think so. In fact, I can't even remember an assist against these teams. But it's all good because he scored a penalty against Nottingham.
Yet a stupidly tight offside call was the only thing that denied him a match-winning assist yesterday. A performance which the usual mouth breathers have decided was terrible. Go figure

Anyhoo. This thread is a train wreck every time we don’t win. I’m out.

zaafi

Yet a stupidly tight offside call was the only thing that denied him a match-winning assist yesterday. A performance which the usual mouth breathers have decided was terrible. Go figure

Mate, you thought he had a good performance yesterday. If anyone here is a mouth breather, that has got to be you. It's like you're holding the palm of your hand in front of your own eyes and pretending you don't see what's going on. Please elaborate how he had a good game yesterday.

Idxomer

Why would he get an assist for a pass Casemiro made?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Carefully dipping my toe into piranha infested waters here... I think Bruno deserves some credit for keeping possession well yesterday. Him and Antony were quite good at this.

So he created less than usual, but he did step up in an area lots of have criticised him for.

zaafi

Carefully dipping my toe into piranha infested waters here... I think Bruno deserves some credit for keeping possession well yesterday. Him and Antony were quite good at this.

So he created less than usual, but he did step up in an area lots of have criticised him for.
He failed with one fourth of his passes, so I don't think he kept possession well at all. He also gave the ball away for an Arsenal counter where Havertz somehow did not score. Other than that, he struggled to make an impact on the game and was actually no where to be seen at times. Useless in this game, as in every big game. I'm baffled how some people can watch that game and say he had a good performance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He failed with one fourth of his passes, so I don't think he kept possession well at all. He also gave the ball away for an Arsenal counter where Havertz somehow did not score. Other than that, he struggled to make an impact on the game and was actually no where to be seen at times. Useless in this game, as in every big game. I'm baffled how some people can watch that game and say he had a good performance.
ScandiRed :wenger:

Lyng

He was not involved in that play. Flick from Højlund to Casemiro, who made the pass to Garnacho.

Gordon Godot

ScandiRed :wenger:
Bruno is a major problem for how ETH seems to want to play. He cant comfortably come deep for the ball, he's poor at receiving on half turn as either tries a silly flick or crumbles at the slightest pressure which hardly ever sees a foul. How we werent in for Maddison is beyond me. I dont see a midfield of him, Casimero and Mount ever dominating possession, which will always leave us floundering against the top teams

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He failed with one fourth of his passes
So did Ødegaard, and possession-keeping is arguably his greatest strength.

In general, Bruno didn't panic when under pressure and he took far fewer risks. And it's not like every failed pass is the fault of the passer. If you stop your run or forget to move into space when it is the obvious move, then you must take some blame for it too. That is why pass accuracy doesn't always tell the full story.

I'm baffled how some people can watch that game and say he had a good performance.
I didn't say that, but he definitely didn't have a bad performance either. He was... OK? The game was very even and Bruno's calmness in the attacking third played a part in this. On a different day we would have been far more erratic going forward. Overall I was pleased with the team yesterday. Ten Hag got the tactics spot on, but was let down by poor refereeing and injuries.

Cassidy

Agree to be honest

Cassidy

In general, Bruno didn't panic when under pressure and he took far fewer risks. And it's not like every failed pass is the fault of the passer. If you stop your run or forget to move into space when it is the obvious move, then you must take some blame for it too. That is why pass accuracy doesn't always tell the full story.
Some of his passes were pretty poor watch the game, he on a couple of occasions when under pressure just looped the ball back to Arsenals defence. He lacked composure and was outshone by both his midfield partners yesterday

theballisround

I've said it and I will say it again even if people don't like it, we have two- three luxury players in this team and they are Bruno, Rashford and Anthony.

Bruno can not function in a well organized team, can't receive the ball on a half turn, can't shield the ball, can't receive the ball deep and I'm not even going into the other side of things that are wrong with him, especially as captain.

Rashford has the football intelligence of a fish and is very, very unbothered to run after losing the ball, something for which I hate ETH not doing anything about. You either run or you don't play.

Anthony can't, for the love of me, beat his man on the outside, so our play on the right is very easy to counter as he either shoots, squares it or passes it back.

With these 3 constantly playing, ETH has nothing else to do than to tinker his system around them, making little progress towards a team that gels and looks well put together.

In regard to the actual performance, you just can't look at that game and say he did well, he nearly gave them two goals and also fecked up one of our attacking chances where the ball was being perfectly squared for Anthony's shot and he intervened like a donkey.

When it mattered, he pissed his pants. I don't care about that ball retention and pressing shit. If we're going to praise a midfielder these days for decent ball retention and pressing, which should be the fecking minimum, then we're in for a long season.

zaafi

You're right. This wasn't Ødegaard's best game, but he managed to influence the game in other ways, as he usually does. He's always around, and he was pressing way more than Bruno yesterday. He also scored their equaliser.

There were at least three or four occasions where Bruno just mindlessly passed the ball to a) their keeper or b) over the line for a goal kick, assuming someone would make the run without even lifting his head. It's annoying when he does it without looking.

jasveron

He was praised like a god last game and one week later he was completely garbage here.
C'mon...
He was pretty invisible first half but came good second half IMHO.

zaafi

I didn't say that, but he definitely didn't have a bad performance either. He was... OK? The game was very even and Bruno's calmness in the attacking third played a part in this. On a different day we would have been far more erratic going forward. Overall I was pleased with the team yesterday. Ten Hag got the tactics spot on, but was let down by poor refereeing and injuries.
Bruno's calmness in the attacking third? This is new! He created a minor chance for Martial with a simple pass, which turned into a big chance when Rashford was there for the rebound. Other than that, he didn't really do anything in the final third. I remember one occasion where the ball was rolling just outside the box and Rashford (?) was charging up to shoot, but Bruno took the ball from him and ruined the chance. Luckily, Eriksen came running in and Bruno passed to him and it lead to a corner.

Doracle

Bruno's calmness in the attacking third? This is new! He created a minor chance for Martial with a simple pass, which turned into a big chance when Rashford was there for the rebound. Other than that, he didn't really do anything in the final third. I remember one occasion where the ball was rolling just outside the box and Rashford (?) was charging up to shoot, but Bruno took the ball from him and ruined the chance. Luckily, Eriksen came running in and Bruno passed to him and it lead to a corner.
It was AWB running in to shoot… Hard to criticise Bruno for taking it off his left foot!

zaafi

It was AWB running in to shoot… Hard to criticise Bruno for taking it off his left foot!
Are you serious? If he did that because it was AWB, it just shows he's a terrible captain.

Anyway, I don't think that's why he did it. He didn't realise someone was coming to shoot, because he lacks intelligence, calmness and usually not very aware of his surroundings.

Cassidy

Are you serious? If he did that because it was AWB, it just shows he's a terrible captain.

Anyway, I don't think that's why he did it. He didn't realise someone was coming to shoot, because he lacks intelligence, calmness and usually not very aware of his surroundings.
He would not get the assists he does if this were true
He had a poor game yesterday and in general he is usually poor away from home against the top sides

zaafi

He would not get the assists he does if this were true
He had a poor game yesterday and in general he is usually poor away from home against the top sides
I should have clarified. I meant aware all over the pitch, like a top midfielder does. He usually knows what's happening ahead of him, but there were also multiple occasions yesterday where he hit the ball forward for no reason at all, when there were no players there. What's the point of this?

Cassidy

I should have clarified. I meant aware all over the pitch, like a top midfielder does. He usually knows what's happening ahead of him, but there were also multiple occasions yesterday where he hit the ball forward for no reason at all, when there were no players there. What's the point of this?
Its what he does at times when he is under pressure, he lacks composure in these big pressure games

Born2Lose

I actually don't know what was wrong with him yesterday. He seemed to be completely out of the game. It's unusual. Normally "a bad game" is him ruining a lot of stuff, yesterday it was like he wasn't even there. Did Arsenal work to cut him off?
Wasn't out of the game but got dragged deep, 3 tackles, 1 interception and 3 clearances.

El Jefe

He’s really going to show all of us critics that we know feck all when he bags 2 assists and scores a penalty against Burnley. Our captain our Magnifico.

Bruno defenders would prefer to ignore all the evidence of big games for the last four years. The most important thing is Statman Dave tweets or KDB picking him ahead of Odegaard and Maddison.

He’s come up against both and they’ve played him off the park.

zaafi

He’s really going to show all of us critics that we know feck all when he bags 2 assists and scores a penalty against Burnley. Our captain our Magnifico.

Bruno defenders would prefer to ignore all the evidence of big games for the last four years. The most important thing is Statman Dave tweets or KDB picking him ahead of Odegaard and Maddison.

He’s come up against both and they’ve played him off the park.
One would think the bolded parts are for laughs, but it is genuinely used as an argument :lol:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Well the last couple of pages have proven that Bruno's usual group of weird critics can't be trusted. It is seemingly impossible for Bruno to have a mediocre game. If he's not good, then he must be shit. It's apparently that binary.

Last night was not good, but it was not bad either. He created something, he worked hard and he made few errors. That's not bad. That's average.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well the last couple of pages have proven that Bruno's usual group of weird critics can't be trusted. It is seemingly impossible for Bruno to have a mediocre game. If he's not good, then he must be shit. It's apparently that binary.

Last night was not good, but it was not bad either. He created something, he worked hard and he made few errors. That's not bad. That's average.
Wait till his stats come out, by Friday his performance would be world class again

Yeah what a weird thing to do, critique his actually performance in his performances thread.

I think you’re about the only person who think he played well. Except the guy who gave him an assist for an offside goal he wasn’t involved in. Same level of delusion I suppose.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Wait till his stats come out, by Friday his performance would be world class again

Yeah what a weird thing to do, critique his actually performance in his performances thread.

I think you’re about the only person who think he played well. Except the guy who gave him an assist for an offside goal he wasn’t involved in. Same level of delusion I suppose.
You lasted exactly 2 sentences before you started lying or twisting the facts.

Although that might be an improvement..

NZT-One

It is a real concern that he mostly dissapears in the big away games. The worst issue is that as soon as things start going bad for us he turns in to the most petulant whingefest possible.
As the captain those are the moments we need a real captain the most and ours becomes the opposite.
Huge headache for Ten Hag. Bruno is our most creative player by far, but he only seems to do it at home or against opposition outside the top 5.
Maybe we should try a different setup for those games.

Eriksen
Casemiro - Amrabat
And then use Bruno instead of Eriksen in the other games.
I think, this is leading to an important point. Because we are channeling all our attacks through either Rashford and/or Bruno, opponents will pick it up. Doesn't make sense, to infer it is only our players who are influencing the game by being either shit or great. There is also an opponent, who knows the strength and weaknesses of our players just as well (probably better) than us fans do.

Knowing that all 90% of our chances start with Bruno, teams will be ready to push him away from goal and stick tight to him. And that happens in "big games" even more. I'd do the exact same thing, pick a mobile and physical player to shadow him for most of the game, be a little niggly so he gets heated and frustrated and be ready for a defensive switch off. (And yes, that makes him sound like a bad player, which he isn't. His talent allows him to impact the game with one scene, which isn't something to shit on, but the team (and even him) would benefit if he wasn't more or less the only creating outlet)

Well, see your point, but don't think you should act suprised when this is the exact same thing happening on the other side as well

Cassidy

What did he create? He is the creative midfielder in the team and first half we did nothing in build up after passing the Arsenal press
Eriksen and Casemiro made more key and creative passes than him. One setting up the goal and the other creating the chance for both the offside goal and the penalty on Hojlund