View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@Rozay please show yourself and defend your locked thread "We're never winning the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team". The stage is yours.

Footballer with no press resistance, ball carrying and ball retention ability. Chaotic, brainless. Wonder when he will be replaced.
I’ve written enough essays on this for today. Some get it, some don’t. Although based on the arguments I’ve seen, I don’t even think many of them are being honest with themselves anymore. It’s just arguing to argue. One even said a late misplaced pass today was ‘probably his one bad pass of the night’. In a game where he gave the ball away repeatedly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
One of the worst performances Bruno has put in for some time. Games like this is why people think he chokes in high stakes matches.

zaafi

Considering Bruno is currently doing a defensive shift in our midfield I think it matters.

I’ve always said I would prefer someone like Maddison. However he needs to be allowed to focus on front pressing and attacking. At the moment he is running himself ragged and as a consequence being sloppy
He has always been sloppy. He was sloppy for Sporting and we were warned by the scouts. This myth that he's sloppy because he runs so much needs to die.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Considering Bruno is currently doing a defensive shift in our midfield I think it matters.

I’ve always said I would prefer someone like Maddison. However he needs to be allowed to focus on front pressing and attacking. At the moment he is running himself ragged and as a consequence being sloppy
Whereas ordinarily, he isn’t sloppy at all.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I'm appreciating these Bruno to basketball player comparisons. I think Westbrook is probably the best comparison so far.

el3mel

This post summarizes our issue with Bruno perfectly. He was shit and costed us the chance to return to the game with his turnover, but he got his assist and is basically a stat merchant. He would always end games with good stats but these don't benefit us at all.

He and Rashford are supposedly our best players but imo this is the reason we will never be a good football team. Both are just stats merchants that care about their stats more than the actual team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah Harden is the right comparison even if Harden's top level is a bit better. Both need to dominate the ball and get tons of usage for them to be useful. Both require the team to adapt to cover for their deficiencies and both require the right players around them for them to be effective. And just like Harden, Bruno gets nullified against better teams in big games.
All the similarities that you describe applies to all players not named Lebron James and even then most do. It's insulting to Harden to compare him to Bruno, Harden has been a consistently elite offensive player in regular season or the playoff, it would be insulting to Lillard to be compared to Bruno and he has generally been a lesser player than Harden. Harden was nullified by no one in his prime.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He has always been sloppy. He was sloppy for Sporting and we were warned by the scouts. This myth that he's sloppy because he runs so much needs to die.
There is giving the ball away because you take risk (which is his usual self) and there is sloppy today where he just looks very leggy

I personally think he is doing too much and needs to be given a strict role in the attacking third

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Can you honestly say, after watching this performance from Musiala and Bruno respectively, that replacing him with an actual top AM wouldn't make a difference?
Well if Musiala plays for us, it means he won't be playing against our colander of a midfield, so will probably look very average.

We have the ability to make players look like prime Zidane.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
All the similarities that you describe applies to all players not named Lebron James and even then most do. It's insulting to Harden to compare him to Bruno, Harden has been a consistently elite offensive player in regular season or the playoff, it would be insulting to Lillard to be compared to Bruno and he has generally been a lesser player than Harden. Harden was nullified by no one in his prime.
Harden has done nothing for the last few years except fall out with everyone, including the manager "he was desperate to play under".

He's a bluffer and a hype merchant.

zaafi

Well if Musiala plays for us, it means he won't be playing against our colander of a midfield, so will probably look very average.

We have the ability to make players look like prime Zidane.
Why would he look average with his set of skills? He is one of the brightest talents in the world and already one of the best in the world in his position.

Dannn411

He is one of the major reasons for the poor run of form and deserves to ride pine for a few games. Only Carrick had the balls to drop him and we looked more coherent when he was dropped.

El Jefe

I’ve written enough essays on this for today. Some get it, some don’t. Although based on the arguments I’ve seen, I don’t even think many of them are being honest with themselves anymore. It’s just arguing to argue. One even said a late misplaced pass today was ‘probably his one bad pass of the night’. In a game where he gave the ball away repeatedly.
Just waiting for Pogue to call us all twats and tell us how great a game Bruno played today.

I honestly don't get how people haven't accepted reality with this guy at this point.

NZT-One

Has there been any information about him being needed to focus on other things or is this just your take? I think, he is a smart player and he knows, that fans appreciate a player who at least looks busy. Kudos to him to make that work for so many games without any pause, seriously thats extremely impressive but it doesn't change the issue. He isn't alone, the whole team seems to be so scared of the ball, Bruno isn't the only one to always look like rushing the play. He should manage his energy better, even today he went on runs to pressure their deepest CB or GK in acres of space. Don't tell me that the plan was that Bruno should do that alone and without support. Its bullshit, there also isn't real conviction behind it. He looks busy without actually achieving anything with it other than wasting his energy and creating room in behind him for others to cover.

This post summarizes our issue with Bruno perfectly. He was shit and costed us the chance to return to the game with his turnover, but he got his assist and is basically a stat merchant. He would always end games with good stats but these don't benefit us at all.

He and Rashford are supposedly our best players but imo this is the reason we will never be a good football team. Both are just stats merchants that care about their stats more than the actual team.
Statman Dave at his best... Using stats to paint the wrong picture.

tomaldinho1

He might be the most uncontrolled and emotional player I can remember. Sometimes it’s good but it’s like he’s a dog that sees a squirrel and can’t not chase it. He sees a stupid Hollywood pass and he can’t not try it. We scored that goal and there was a surge of hope/momentum and he just turned into a pinball machine.

The Hilton

There was a moment after our second goal where we'd won the ball back, and he had several opportunities to play it to Garnacho out wide or McTominay in the middle. He seemed to panic, unsure which to choose, and in the end passed the ball almost perfectly equidistant between them which was picked up by a Bayern player and led to their 4th goal.

He's not the only one guilty of panicking on the ball, we have more high turnovers than any other team in the league but 0 goals from any of them, and so it seems to be an issue throughout the team that we're getting on the ball in great areas and falling to pieces.

Marwood

So many posts already written before he kicked a ball.

Bruno wasn't wasteful tonight guys. That one ball out to Garnacho was probably his one bad pass all game.

That's not to say he was good but all these very predictable moans about him giving the ball away all game. It just didn't happen.

Looking forward to his possession stat. Will be around 65% looking at the comments here.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Has there been any information about him being needed to focus on other things or is this just your take? I think, he is a smart player and he knows, that fans appreciate a player who at least looks busy. Kudos to him to make that work for so many games without any pause, seriously thats extremely impressive but it doesn't change the issue. He isn't alone, the whole team seems to be so scared of the ball, Bruno isn't the only one to always look like rushing the play. He should manage his energy better, even today he went on runs to pressure their deepest CB or GK in acres of space. Don't tell me that the plan was that Bruno should do that alone and without support. Its bullshit, there also isn't real conviction behind it. He looks busy without actually achieving anything with it other than wasting his energy and creating room in behind him for others to cover.

Statman Dave at his best... Using stats to paint the wrong picture.
Its my take from watching the games

Valencia Shin Crosses

What? Harden consistently disappeared or dropped his performance levels in playoffs. It's the biggest stain on his career in fact. Would you say Bruno *hasn't* been an elite offensive player for us?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Harden has done nothing for the last few years except fall out with everyone, including the manager "he was desperate to play under".

He's a bluffer and a hype merchant.
So Harden is defined by the last two years and not the entirety of his career?

zaafi

Just waiting for Pogue to call us all twats and tell us how great a game Bruno played today.

I honestly don't get how people haven't accepted reality with this guy at this point.
Genuinely laughed at this. It's exactly what he does :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Bruno wasn't wasteful tonight guys. That one ball out to Garnacho was probably his one bad pass all game.

That's not to say he was good but all these very predictable moans about him giving the ball away all game. It just didn't happen.

Looking forward to his possession stat. Will be around 65% looking at the comments here.
I would urge you to wait until an ‘all touches’ video comes out before you take this stance. It wasn’t close to being his one poor pass of the game, and you even saying that paints the exact story of you that you are trying to paint of others with this post.

Valencia Shin Crosses

71% actually, with 58% accuracy in the opponents half

Dominos

That pass to gift Bayern the ball to score their 4th is just typical of what is wrong with this team. Absolutely shocking ball retention constantly costing us goals conceded, and breaking down of promising attacks because we can't complete a simple pass and retain the ball.

Every goal we concede we should rewind 10 seconds and look who gave the ball away and whether it was avoidable. 95% of the time it's completely fecking avoidable, the same for their 3rd goal where Eriksen decides to spend 10 minutes on the ball until he gets tackled.

zaafi

:lol: Watching a different game, didn't you?

Close enough. It was 72%. Fantastic in possession today.

El Jefe

So Harden is defined by the last two years and not the entirety of his career?
It's even a bad comparison based just off that. Harden had huge and clutch games in the ECSF last season, Bruno can barely put a good performance in against a top team.

Once you bring in his Houston days it completely falls flat. Bruno is like Bradley Beal on the Wizards post Wall.