2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

klayton88

Loves throwing his arms about at others but seems oblivious to his own shitness.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I actually think, some of this is just PR... He knows, that fans like an endless runner so he does it. It actually is easy to do when you are behind anyway and you are pressing quite up the pitch with many others at least taking share of the blame if something goes wrong. His fitness levels are fantastic, no question about it but if he'd be more efficient, he could save himself some of the km he covers all game. Because most of it is unproductive
You can't win with some people. If he didn't endlessly chase after the ball in the last 20 minutes of the game then you'd get the same posters saying "look at him, giving up, typical moody Bruno. It's no wonder all of his teammates aren't trying either as their captain is setting a poor example by not trying hard enough".

NZT-One

You can't win with some people. If he didn't endlessly chase after the ball in the last 20 minutes of the game then you'd get the same posters saying "look at him, giving up, typical moody Bruno. It's no wonder all of his teammates aren't trying either as their captain is setting a poor example by not trying hard enough".
Nothing to do with winning. I just see that his energy levels get brought up a lot and I think, they are overstated. Plus I guess you misunderstood, there is a middleground between doing what Bruno does every once in a while (wasting energy in pointless "presses" that even he has no real intentions with) and giving up. Again I think he knows what he's doing and I think, it works seeing some fans praising him for it.

Plus I think you will agree that he did other things today that weren't really in the "lead by example" category. Don't think he was the worst with it but he gets frustrated quite easy and his demeanour changes quite a lot. As captain, you'll get looked at more harshly.

Matriac

"He is the opposite of what I would want in a captain" - Keane

Couldn't agree more.
Said this while Maguire was still captain and the clamours was going on about how we had to give it to Bruno instead "because he's the only one with real passion".

Bruno is great when we're winning. But turns into the biggest whinebag when we're struggling. You can't expect him to argue our case to the ref, he'll just end up making the ref feel less like wanting to rule in our favor.

And when he's in that mood he can do nothing to motivate the other players to raise their performance up a level.

We need someone more level-headed.

Next season that someone could maybe be Mount or Martinez (though he loses it some times as well).

-Supreme-

Actually caused the 2nd goal with his pointless through ball that Dalot had to chase. Honestly he shouldn't be a starter anymore by next season, no matter who the manager is.
Yep, it was incredible frustrating with his decision making, we will never evolve when we have players like him recklessly loses possession of the ball.

Adamsk7

He’s been awful this season. Him and Rashford being our “stars” really holds us back because neither of them are actually that good because they are not consistent. They are only 9/10 about three times all season

Godfather

Why start him every game. He's crap this season. Let's try something else as this isn't working

Irwin99

Tried hard but doesn't inspire confidence with his leadership and i imagine teammates must think he's a right knobhead to work with sometimes.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Nothing to do with winning. I just see that his energy levels get brought up a lot and I think, they are overstated. Plus I guess you misunderstood, there is a middleground between doing what Bruno does every once in a while (wasting energy in pointless "presses" that even he has no real intentions with) and giving up. Again I think he knows what he's doing and I think, it works seeing some fans praising him for it.

Plus I think you will agree that he did other things today that weren't really in the "lead by example" category. Don't think he was the worst with it but he gets frustrated quite easy and his demeanour changes quite a lot. As captain, you'll get looked at more harshly.
When it's the last 15 minutes of a game and we're losing 3-0 to our local rivals, what do you suggest he should be conserving his energy for? Are you worried he won't be able to run a 10k tomorrow?

Devil81

I'd like Bruno to leave, for what we want to achieve we need to look at building a structure of a team that's going to work hard for each other.

Bruno is an individual, he's always been an individual and he is a selfish player that has an over inflated ego. He's certainly not captain material.

He was brilliant the first few years for us, nobody can question that but his style of play is far to cavalier for where we are at as a football club. He needs 10 players around him that allow him to be free to do as he pleases and we are miles away from having that.

hobbers

Neville and Keane clearly despise him at this point and who could blame them. Two actual captains who acted like captains, most of the time anyway.

The Oracle

The best football we have played this season was against Palace in the Carabao Cup with a 3-0 win

...yes you've guessed it, Bruno didn't play in that match.

Another big game, and another disappearing act from our captain.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He should be stripped of captaincy but he won't be. He shouldn't even be starting for us at the minute. I wager he's already peaked.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can’t wait to be told on Thursday how well he played today by some utter moron.

Idxomer

Again, he wasn't even bad. He just did nothing to elevate himself over the rest of his teammates.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In the first half when Onana showed quick thinking and had to sprint out of his goal to beat Haaland to the ball who was running through on goal, Bruno started bollocking him because he didn't pick out a pass and just cleared it.

Man literally just got there in front of Haaland for feck sake, calm yourself down lad.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fact he’s the captain sums up the club. Erratic and a constant moaner is leading the players on the pitch. Fun times ahead

Wayne's World

He needs to be sold alongside Rashford. Absolute show pony in every big game and he's meant to be one of our so called "big players"

DiMaria

Doesn't have the temperament of a captain.
He went on to add brilliant player but not captain material. I agree. He is one of our better players yes but doesn’t add anything to the team by being a captain. A captain needs to elevate and lead you, not just complain at every opportunity. Who should be the captain though? No one stands out. Maybe Evans :lol:

3KDré

He went on to add brilliant player but not captain material. I agree. He is one of our better players yes but doesn’t add anything to the team by being a captain. A captain needs to elevate and lead you, not just complain at every opportunity. Who should be the captain though? No one stands out. Maybe Evans :lol:
Varane for me. I guess he isn't fit enough, but I would have him as club captain.

RedDevilQuebecois

"He is the opposite of what I would want in a captain" - Keane

Couldn't agree more.
That quote alone should be deemed as the death sentence to his captaincy. He is also a step away from being hounded out of the club if nothing changes soon.

GL21

Bruno is a fantastic player that would excel under a great captain, he however, is not that captain. he needs one alongside him

FriedClams

One of the most overrated players I’ve seen. Would wager a lot of money he doesn’t add to his trophy count at old trafford

NZT-One

When it's the last 15 minutes of a game and we're losing 3-0 to our local rivals, what do you suggest he should be conserving his energy for? Are you worried he won't be able to run a 10k tomorrow?
For the next game of the club which is on Wednesday, isn't it? Again, he might have impressive energylevels but maybe he would make better decisions and keep his composure better if he wouldn't waste so much energy on fan service. I know this is harsh and probably on the wrong side of fair but we have to face our issues and that means taking our supposed superstars off their pedestals. I mean, don't you think, that something might be off? Maybe it is time for a break or time to pause his captaincy.

Mainoldo

Getting found out by the game. Never won a midfield battle since he’s been here and will continue. But maybe he just needs Ole back.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

For the next game of the club which is on Wednesday, isn't it? Again, he might have impressive energylevels but maybe he would make better decisions and keep his composure better if he wouldn't waste so much energy on fan service.
Bruno won't be tired for Wednesday's game. He demonstrated those same energy levels in 2020 when we were playing 2 games a week in the summer heat. Which, by the way, was when the games were behind closed doors. Would you still try misconstruing that as 'fan service' when there's no fans in the stadium to applaud him for it? Who knows - maybe he was running his socks off so he could get praised on the caf by folk like me. But if we apply some common sense here, those high energy levels are how he's always played football and part of the resson why every manager he's played under has continued picking him.

I know this is harsh and probably on the wrong side of fair but we have to face our issues and that means taking our supposed superstars off their pedestals. I mean, don't you think, that something might be off? Maybe it is time for a break or time to pause his captaincy.
You're trying to draw a correlation between our current poor form and Bruno wearing the captain's armband when there's no evidence to support your theory. We were shite under Rangnick when Maguire was captain. We were shite under Van Gaal when Rooney was captain. And we were shite under Moyes when Vidic was captain. All different types of captains with different levels of quality, but there are some wider issues that the captain alone is unable to influence.

RedDevil250

He's a manchild. His kick out at the end of the match was pathetic. Just trying to bring the City player down with a petulant kickout. Sick of him.