2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Smacky The Frog

Thought he was okay by his usual standards in big games, by which I mean he was poor without being an active deterrent to his own team. He was mostly just...there. A typically embarrassing lack of composure in the last 20 minutes or so however - similar to his behaviour in the Liverpool drubbing. Running around like a headless chicken trying to kick anyone he could get close to after the game was well out of hand is not "passion" or "fight", it's a petulant child throwing a tantrum and trying to fight the adults in the room after pissing himself. What was even more embarrassing was that he couldn't even get close enough to get a proper hit in and just ended up injuring himself.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

The point being that taking a 9 month outlier as the norm and blaming ETH for a decline in output that started two years before he arrived is disingenuous.
From the guy citing 6 months & the most chaotic season for every player at the club. Yea I think we’re done here.

If you actually read what I post you see I said Bruno should take some blame himself, absolving EtH tactics entirely as you’re doing is what truly disingenuous but yes Bruno is tots useless & EtH has been faultless if that means you’ll move on.

AFC NimbleThumb

He forces anyone to be second fiddle to himself, unless it's a goal scorer. He sucks up everything to live and die by his feet. Because building up attacks could allow others to create something from openings, he negates that by not allowing that to happen as he's the one who selfish enough to play hollywood passes as often as he does.
Ok let’s drop him from this United side. Who are the others whose creativity he is negating? Who is he forcing to play second fiddle in this United squad that would be producing as much/more than we’ve seen Bruno do previously?

As you’ll have read had you actually looked at my previous posts, I think Bruno eventually needs to be improved on but this clamour to drop him for a miracle replacement that doesn’t exist is prime Caf. We’ve bigger issues to address.

Lyng

Ok let’s drop him from this United side. Who are the others whose creativity he is negating? Who is he forcing to play second fiddle in this United squad that would be producing as much/more than we’ve seen Bruno do previously?

As you’ll have read had you actually looked at my previous posts, I think Bruno eventually needs to be improved on but this clamour to drop him for a miracle replacement that doesn’t exist is prime Caf. We’ve bigger issues to address.
The problem is he doesnt fit any other system than counter attacking. Thats why he was good under Ole.
As soon as you ask him to play with composure and maintain positioning and simple passes he falls apart.
I would play Mount in there and bring on Eriksen when teams are tired.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Worst captain ever. Did he come out and say anything after the game?

Kostov

Where are all the leadership experts that camped in the Maguire thread until last season? Here's another sunny day leader not ready to walk the walk.

AFC NimbleThumb

The problem is he doesnt fit any other system than counter attacking. Thats why he was good under Ole.
As soon as you ask him to play with composure and maintain positioning and simple passes he falls apart.
I would play Mount in there and bring on Eriksen when teams are tired.
When the replacement is Mason fecking Mount I’ll take Bruno Fernandes. I’ve wanted to see Eriksen in the 10 myself but that would be for 45-60 minutes a game.

Again, Bruno is a problem, he’s just not the biggest for me & the replacements are far from ideal.

Lyng

When the replacement is Mason fecking Mount I’ll take Bruno Fernandes. I’ve wanted to see Eriksen in the 10 myself but that would be for 45-60 minutes a game.

Again, Bruno is a problem, he’s just not the biggest for me & the replacements are far from ideal.
Mount was very good in that position against CP.

Godfather

We deffo should give Mount a shot. Bruno needs to get his shit together and maybe sitting out for a couple of games will help

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We deffo should give Mount a shot. Bruno needs to get his shit together and maybe sitting out for a couple of games will help
And another captain gets the treatment......not sure how this will help in the short term. Maguire has come back, a little better than he was, but he's still not a CB you want to plan your future with imo. But here's the question, is BF the CM and captain you want to go forward with? Personally I think he's not the player or personality we need for those 2 positions. He's too ragged as a player, too many misplaced passes/giveaways during your average game, and too many petulant outbursts to be the leader of a group where diligence, discipline and motivation seem sorely lacking.

Last edited:

JPB

He has the most punchable face on earth. And when he throws his arms up in the air and starts crying like a little girl with his big rabbit teeth it makes it even worse.

Vargo Hoat

Supports
Union Berlin
Running around like a headless chicken trying to kick anyone he could get close to after the game was well out of hand is not "passion" or "fight", it's a petulant child throwing a tantrum and trying to fight the adults in the room after pissing himself.
Never agreed with anything more in my life. Spot on, and exactly how your opponent fans has seen him for quite a while.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
From the guy citing 6 months & the most chaotic season for every player at the club. Yea I think we’re done here.

If you actually read what I post you see I said Bruno should take some blame himself, absolving EtH tactics entirely as you’re doing is what truly disingenuous but yes Bruno is tots useless & EtH has been faultless if that means you’ll move on.
What are you talking about. I’ve literally cited Bruno’s entire time at the club and said that besides his first six footballing months his form has been poor and his stats have been low.

I might be wrong with regards to tactics but my guess is that ETH plays Bruno as high up the pitch as possible to give maximum potential return on investment and reduce the consequences of his spamming.

ToToMarshall

At United I've never seen such a naturally talented footballer held back by such a severe lack of intelligence and composure. He's petulant beyond belief.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I know he has these great stats but its always so chaotic with him in the team. You never know if he will hit a hollywood pass or feck up a simple pass.

Santana

It absolutely baffles me how this guy's managed to play 90 minutes every game this season. He operates with complete impunity knowing ten hag will never take him off. His kick and hope for the best style of play is not conducive to the style of football needed to challenge the best.
If bruno and eth were to leave the club tomorrow I'd applaud the decision

gajender

At United I've never seen such a naturally talented footballer held back by such a severe lack of intelligence and composure. He's petulant beyond belief.
He is fairly limited footballer with serious flaws with couple of redeeming qualities, no matter how absurd it may sound he has not been held back by his lack of intelligence and composure he has somehow managed to make a career out of it a restrained Bruno could not justify his position in the team as he simply won't produce the numbers needed to play such a mediocre player in the team .

ToToMarshall

He is fairly limited footballer with serious flaws with couple of redeeming qualities, no matter how absurd it may sound he has not been held back by his lack of intelligence and composure he has somehow managed to make a career out of it a restrained Bruno could not justify his position in the team as he simply won't produce the numbers needed to play such a mediocre player in the team .
I disagree. Other than having an iffy first touch and very limited dribbling ability, he is a well-rounded footballer technically. He's a great ball-striker, with terrific variation to his shots and passes when he engages his brain. He's shown he has a great final ball and create good chances at a good rate, and has scored a wide range of very good goals for us.

By far the biggest drawback with him is behind the eyes and between the ears. Zero composure nor understanding of game-states. He's a turnover machine because he can't help himself when making woeful decisions, not because he's inherently a crap technician. When things aren't going his/our way, I never trust him to turn the game around more than I expect him to lose his shit and play even worse.

Appletonred

His performance at Liverpool in the massacre screamed this guy is not captain material, I was genuinely surprised that he was given the armband tbh, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, all that more suitable you would have thought.

neon_badger

I was watching him doing the square root of feck all yesterday and reminded myself he played the most minutes of any top level player last season, yet he never gets injured. so I'm thinking this is either A, he's a perfect athlete that trains well, looks after himself and is a model professional or B, he's not doing enough, jogging around looking busy, pointing and passing as soon as he receives the ball, did he actually make a tackle yesterday? I only recall a few petulant fouls. I think it's a misconception that he has a high work rate, he's the kid on the school team that makes a load of noise but backs off from anything physical.

ZainCRse7en

Chaos player who thrives under chaos. Totally opposite of cool, calm and collected. How can he be the captain? We need a cool head instead of a chaotic one.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He needs to be dropped. Please EtH drop him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was watching him doing the square root of feck all yesterday and reminded myself he played the most minutes of any top level player last season, yet he never gets injured. so I'm thinking this is either A, he's a perfect athlete that trains well, looks after himself and is a model professional or B, he's not doing enough, jogging around looking busy, pointing and passing as soon as he receives the ball, did he actually make a tackle yesterday? I only recall a few petulant fouls. I think it's a misconception that he has a high work rate, he's the kid on the school team that makes a load of noise but backs off from anything physical.
As if there aren't enough things to criticise him for lately without making things up to turn his few positive traits into negatives as well. :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He either needs to be dropped, or actually get played as a proper 10 - because he's dogshite everywhere else.

gajender

I disagree. Other than having an iffy first touch and very limited dribbling ability, he is a well-rounded footballer technically. He's a great ball-striker, with terrific variation to his shots and passes when he engages his brain. He's shown he has a great final ball and create good chances at a good rate, and has scored a wide range of very good goals for us.

By far the biggest drawback with him is behind the eyes and between the ears. Zero composure nor understanding of game-states. He's a turnover machine because he can't help himself when making woeful decisions, not because he's inherently a crap technician. When things aren't going his/our way, I never trust him to turn the game around more than I expect him to lose his shit and play even worse.
He can't keep hold of the ball and is abysmal under the press he is just so weak and everything just stems from that his lack of composure and woeful decision making are consequence of his overall lack of ability , you can still use player like him if you want to be Europa Level Club with occasional Champions league forays as He can produce decent numbers but anything more than that He should not be any where near being the regular in the team .

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not what I would call a ‘naturally talented footballer’. He’s actually an average one with an outlier of one outstanding quality. Essentially, a ‘party trick’.

I’s be surprised if he was the ‘best player’ in the teams he played for at 13-16 years old. He doesn’t strike me as a player who would have stood out above all of his peers throughout his football development. He looks more like one of those ‘made it through sheer hard work against all expectation’ type of players. Even when he began his professional career, I doubt anyone would have had an expectation when he was 18-22 years old that this is a player who would spend his prime years as the ‘star man’ at Manchester United, or similar.

neon_badger

As if there aren't enough things to criticise him for lately without making things up to turn his few positive traits into negatives as well. :lol:
He's weak, physically and mentally, we were dominated by our rivals and he didn't get near any of them with anything remotely physical, i know he's seen as a genius by some, spraying passes like vintage Scholes, but he's also a midfielder and needs to get stuck in, particularly in games like this. He doesn't. His minutes to fitness/injury ratio support that, or at least look suspicious, but I'm clearly a glass half empty guy.

V.O.

I doubt anyone would have had an expectation when he was 18-22 years old that this is a player who would spend his prime years as the ‘star man’ at Manchester United, or similar.
What does that have to do with anything? De Bruyne was binned off by Chelsea at the age of 22, and nobody better than Wolfsburg thought he could be a star man for them. Does that mean he's not naturally talented either?

He's weak, physically and mentally, we were dominated by our rivals and he didn't get near any of them with anything remotely physical, i know he's seen as a genius by some, spraying passes like vintage Scholes, but he's also a midfielder and needs to get stuck in, particularly in games like this. He doesn't. His minutes to fitness/injury ratio support that, or at least look suspicious, but I'm clearly a glass half empty guy.
He puts in about as much of a shift defensively as any attacking mid I can think of. Using the fact that he doesn't get injured much as a stick to beat him with is bizarre. He's in absolutely appalling form, fecks ten things up for every one thing he does right lately and he needs dropping, but I don't understand inventing new problems that he doesn't have.

zaafi

What does that have to do with anything? De Bruyne was binned off by Chelsea at the age of 22, and nobody better than Wolfsburg thought he could be a star man for them. Does that mean he's not naturally talented either?
He always was naturally talented, and one of the best in the youth teams. Teams let naturally talented players go all the time, and we even did it with Pogba.

Bernardo Silva, Hazard, Wirtz, Musiala, Ødegaard etc are examples of naturally talented players, not Bruno Fernandes. A player that lacks technical skills isn't a naturally talented player.

V.O.

He always was naturally talented, and one of the best in the youth teams. Teams let naturally talented players go all the time, and we even did it with Pogba.

Bernardo Silva, Hazard, Wirtz, Musiala, Ødegaard etc are examples of naturally talented players, not Bruno Fernandes. A player that lacks technical skills isn't a naturally talented player.
If your definition of "not naturally talented" is actually just "not an elite dribbler", then sure.

neon_badger

He puts in about as much of a shift defensively as any attacking mid I can think of. Using the fact that he doesn't get injured much as a stick to beat him with is bizarre. He's in absolutely appalling form, fecks ten things up for every one thing he does right lately and he needs dropping, but I don't understand inventing new problems that he doesn't have.
Its not just a lack of injuries, he's always fully fit for every game, I find it a bit suspicious, he's in the heart of the game and he can manage to come out of it having used the exact amount of energy required. It's an impressive talent. If I choose to see a correlation between that and his performances then maybe I'm reaching, he's not the only one, but I do hold him to a higher standard of accountability than other players, i'm beyond looking at individual examples of him not performing and looking at the bigger picture with him. Unfortunately,I'm hitting my post limit with this one.

zaafi

If your definition of "not naturally talented" is actually just "not an elite dribbler", then sure.
That is not my definition. Bruno has a generally poor touch, makes consistently terrible passes - both short and long - and he is incapable of dribbling, is physically weak and unable to protect and shield the ball. He doesn't carry the ball well, does not operate good in tight spaces at all and lacks footballing intelligence. So you tell me how he is a naturally talented player. He only shines when we're counter attacking and he has a lot of space to put one of our attackers through with a long ball.

RuudTom83

The criticism of making him captain is daft unless you offer up an sensible alternative.

There is no one! (which is a separate problem)

Robbie Boy

The criticism of making him captain is daft unless you offer up an sensible alternative.

There is no one! (which is a separate problem)
Our club captain is nothing more than a token gesture these days. Maguire and Bruno as captains is laughable.