2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BorisManUtd

Not surprising that he scores a winner after having a poor game. But better than just having a poor game.

Oldyella

He was bloody awful. I think he's a massive part of why we look so bad.

Will always win us games now and then though.

Adamsk7

He embodies moments FC. Has been shocking all season but he’s capable of absolutely world class moments

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
That's why he is on the pitch! That's why he is captain! Mentality Monster! Rare breed! Love to see it!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have so many criticisms of Bruno for his play today. Worrying to see someone who has been, since he arrived, generally the go to guy, look so shaken and scared on the pitch. So many bad decisions, so many bad touches, ZERO chemistry with Hojlund...

...and yet the decisive contribution for us once again.

Like with Wayne Rooney after 2012, the reason he keeps getting picked is because, more than most, you can trust him to do something that may get us a result.

With the rest of our attackers looking lost, like it or not, we need the moments man.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

That's why he is on the pitch! That's why he is captain! Mentality Monster! Rare breed! Love to see it!
Enough of that positivity! Didn't you see him throw his arms in the air at some point in the game?! Absolutely disgusting behaviour and should be stripped of the captaincy and have his goal taken off him.

FriedClams

What game were people watching? Was easily our MOTM today, his stats today were his best of the season

Gomes

Bruno gets abused while Scott receives plaudits? What the hell are you guys smoking?

Terry Chango

Brunos goals/assists contribution always gets used to try and show that he's a quality player. 41% of those goals are penalties, and I don't know the percentage but a lot of the assists are from dead balls. His goal contributions look a lot better merely by being a designated set piece taker.
That’s a massive lie.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Until we are a good football team, we need any players who can help put the ball in the net. It doesn’t matter the fashion, or the performance. That is Bruno. As long as we remain a team trying to scrap for a top 4 or 5 finish, we absolutely need him and he will remain one of our most important players. Today showed why, again.
Well it’s a paradox because we won’t be a “good football team” when the chance creation vacuum hoovers up build up for frantic xA play

zaafi

What game were people watching? Was easily our MOTM today, his stats today were his best of the season
75% pass completion and one key pass. Magnifico! Capitano! Amazingooo!

Truly world class. Makes you wonder if you even watched the game.

Rockets Redglare

Bar the winning goal, he was one of the worst players on the pitch the entire game. Only Antony was worse.
He is most games, it’s just this season he’s had no goals and assists to cover up for his generally poor play.

mustaine

He wasn’t good, been playing like someone eithout confidence for some time now. Hopefully this helps him to turn things around.

Great goal though! Happy to see the ball cross the line :devil:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well it’s a paradox because we won’t be a “good football team” when the chance creation vacuum hoovers up build up for frantic xA play
Indeed, I agree. Perhaps I should have worded it as ‘until we are ready to become a good football team’.

gajender

Indeed, I agree. Perhaps I should have worded it as ‘until we are ready to become a good football team’.
If and when the new manager and the new footballing structure is installed and they don't try to move on Fernandes straight away that would be enough for me to realise we have again messed up and new people don't have the slightest idea what ails this team and how to fix it .

zaafi

So he had a good game according to you?
The people that are happy with his performances are the same people that are happy with winning half the matches during a PL season. A team that rely on moments, and barely win in the last minutes of the match. A team that will never fight for anything of importance, which is just a mid-table team, or a top 4 team at most.

"He had a shit game, but he won us the match, so it's all good" just screams mediocrity. May as well be supporting Brentford or Crystal Palace.

Lyng

The people that are happy with his performances are the same people that are happy with winning half the matches during a PL season. A team that rely on moments, and barely win in the last minutes of the match. A team that will never fight for anything of importance, which is just a mid-table team, or a top 4 team at most.

"He had a shit game, but he won us the match, so it's all good" just screams mediocrity. May as well be supporting Brentford or Crystal Palace.
Yeah I will never like this moments Fc style. I long for the SAF days where we actually played some beautiful ball.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You being serious? He did very little whole game. A few easy enough passes out wide to Garnacho. Not enough linking up play with his team mates. Did he even pass the ball to Hojlund today? He plays like a year 7 star player number 10 who's surrounded by other kids who just picked up the game of football...wait.....

He plays like Julian Newman.

FriedClams

You being serious? He did very little whole game. A few easy enough passes out wide to Garnacho. Not enough linking up play with his team mates. Did he even pass the ball to Hojlund today? He plays like a year 7 star player number 10 who's surrounded by other kids who just picked up the game of football...wait.....

He plays like Julian Newman.
Received the ball well on the turn for a lot of the first half, took up good positions, had one pretty spectacular volleyed switch of play right to garnachos feet. I am not a fan of bruno, but he was a lot better than normal today.

Highfather_24

Kept losing the ball again and again. Poor performance. Scored the all important vital winning goal.

Gordon S

Thought he was decent today tbh. More good moments than bad. Happy for him

RedOrange

He was bloody awful. I think he's a massive part of why we look so bad.

Will always win us games now and then though.
Yeah, maybe. The thing is if he hadn't fecked up several forward passes throughout the match and actually played like Hojlund exists we might have been ahead by 2 or 3 goals.

STYLOISRED

We can only hope this kick starts he season because I love Bruno and his contributions to our goals cannot be dismissed but man! He has been terrible this season. Much worse than any season since he came to the club. One of his best attributes is his passing in the final third to create chances out of nothing but even now he barely does that. Gives his all though and you can't hate a player who does that.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If and when the new manager and the new footballing structure is installed and they don't try to move on Fernandes straight away that would be enough for me to realise we have again messed up and new people don't have the slightest idea what ails this team and how to fix it .
Moving him on straight away just isn't going to happen. A new RW, RB and CB are far more pressing priorities than a Bruno replacement.

Alemar

Very poor performance today. Excellent and absolutely vital winning goal , though

gajender

Moving him on straight away just isn't going to happen. A new RW, RB and CB are far more pressing priorities than a Bruno replacement.
He would be almost 30 by the start of next season might be our last chance to get some decent fee for him and he is major part why this team can not move towards more measured and possession based approach as he is pretty limited footballer if you look beyond his Goals and Assists .