2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borninthe80ts

I can recognise the effectiveness of Bruno but ultimately he gives the ball away to much in non pressurised situations for the teams main playmaker. I don’t mind possession conceded when playing the final ball or taking a shot. However his decision making in between these actions for me hinders us rather than progress.

It can ultimately be a good player in an unsuitable team, it does happen. However I have never found myself more frustrated with a players decision making of his standard. Maybe my expectations for him are to high, but similar to Pogba I feel he should do better. In parallel the attitude when things go wrong is poor. I want more from my team leaders.
Also questioning his performances aren’t the sign of stupidity or an irrational mind. An established players performance will be scrutinised. If the argument for him in the positive is good enough it’ll stand up to scrutiny.

NZT-One

I know you're keen to downplay any evidence that paints Bruno in a positive light, but "well, I think maybe Carrick statistically covered a lot of ground" has got to be the weakest counter argument I've heard from you.

I don't have the stats to hand from Carrick's years, so I have no idea if you're correctly remembering him topping the PL charts for distance covered (somehow I doubt it), but it's essentially a mute point as we can all agree that Carrick was mint and wasn't accused of a lack of effort.
Mate, I explicitely said, "doesn't apply to Bruno" and I never said that he topped PL charts or something. I said iirc he was mentioned in connection with distance covered for us and he didn't sprint a lot. I just mean that certain player types might rack up quite some distance without giving you as much as for example Fred, who was doing everything in full pelt. Unfortunately, no data available for distance covered before 15/16. Just found a blog post saying he topped our stats in 4 out of 5 CL games.

Mr PG

Bruno is an excellent chance creator and I don't think that is debatable. The problem I personally have with him is that he too easy to press on the ball and that him being a smart player knows it too which is why he almost immediately looks to give pass once he gets the ball. If Bruno was more press resistant and had better dribbling it would serve him massively especially in being the metronome this team severely needs.
If Bruno was more press resistant and lost the ball less, he’d have been snapped up by wiser teams long before we ever did.

Mr PG

Bruno’s weaknesses are why the boss shafts him to the right when we play better teams. That simplifies his game as he can only lose the ball one side less.

Fans keep moaning about it but the fact that Ten hag does it so many times means he’s happy with the decision.
If anybody doubts Bruno’s weaknesses watch our big games he barely gets a kick like when we play city, our best players are Eriksen and Onana. Everyone else disappears including Casemiro

Mr PG

I like Bruno but eventually we need an upgrade. In the game vs Copenhagen for instance that first goal the ball was launched into the sky by Bruno before it got to Rashford. Or the ball that McTominay scored but the ball was played to his waist by Bruno from 2 meters away.

As somebody said before Bruno plays 90 mins like it’s injury time and his lack of physical strength means he loses every 50-50 so if you have both Bruno and Eriksen in the team we’re already behind in the physicality aspect in midfield.

Mr PG

The way our club has fallen behind is we get attached to good but not world class players like Bruno and Rashford for instance then City go and snap up a guy like Doku whom to be honest is miles better and still works his socks off for the team. Next they’ll get a DeBryne replacement who will still be better than Bruno. We’ll never catch up playing the game like that.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Bruno’s weaknesses are why the boss shafts him to the right when we play better teams. That simplifies his game as he can only lose the ball one side less.

Fans keep moaning about it but the fact that Ten hag does it so many times means he’s happy with the decision.
If anybody doubts Bruno’s weaknesses watch our big games he barely gets a kick like when we play city, our best players are Eriksen and Onana. Everyone else disappears including Casemiro
???

Eriksen's worst games in a United shirt have come against City.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I still think ETH wants to phase out Bruno and stick to Mount because of his ability on ball. But the fact that we have been quite poor and Bruno is the only one to create something, he is sticking to Bruno. Guess, Bruno also backs the manager.

jasveron

Whatever you say, he is one of the very few players on the team that actually cares about United.

TsuWave

If these rumours of £100M for him from Saudi Arabia are real. Please be a proper club and accept it

Marwood

If these rumours of £100M for him from Saudi Arabia are real. Please be a proper club and accept it
I know there's a trend of slamming the club but there's no way they're turning down that money for Bruno.

But those rumours can't be true. I like Bruno but can't imagine Saudi offering that much.

Ddannidom

It's not for a lack of effort. No player should be accused of lack of effort in a football match I think.

But for Application and against really good teams. He is an average to top player and not the absolute top player as touted by his fanboys.

He has it in him to influence games in a match-up against crap sides, when there is a lot of space, against low to average decision-making oppositions, then he is mint.

But against better opponents, he is getting closed down fast, does not have much luxury of space, and can't dribble to save his own life. I struggle to see how this team should be built around such a player.

The sooner we move from this profile of a player the better I reckon.

ti vu

Bruno doesnt strike me as a player who wants to play in that league.
Why?

Bruno is hardly a winner and we're not that close to win any major trophies at this current rate. The type of clubs he can move and win major trophies in Europe almost none existent given his playing style (being the focal of the attack yet wildly erratic with possession) and the money involved. So if the club and him mutually feel like it is as far as we both can go together, IMO it's not impossible.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I know you're keen to downplay any evidence that paints Bruno in a positive light, but "well, I think maybe Carrick statistically covered a lot of ground" has got to be the weakest counter argument I've heard from you.

I don't have the stats to hand from Carrick's years, so I have no idea if you're correctly remembering him topping the PL charts for distance covered (somehow I doubt it), but it's essentially a mute point as we can all agree that Carrick was mint and wasn't accused of a lack of effort.
He also played in a different position

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Why?

Bruno is hardly a winner and we're not that close to win any major trophies at this current rate. The type of clubs he can move and win major trophies in Europe almost none existent given his playing style (being the focal of the attack yet wildly erratic with possession) and the money involved. So if the club and him mutually feel like it is as far as we both can go together, IMO it's not impossible.
You can never say never but Bruno doesn't strike me as a player that is focused on money, that might change in a few years but not at present

Based Adnan

You can never say never but Bruno doesn't strike me as a player that is focused on money, that might change in a few years but not at present
Anyone who shilled NFTs on Twitter despite knowing they have young impressionable followers is capable of going Saudi imo

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Why?

There's a bigger chance of another Chicxulub hitting the earth in our lifetime than this happening. United, over the years, have clung onto players who have offered much less than Bruno, who's just got a brand-new contract and he was given the armband. You, me, or anyone can discuss how well he'd fit in a more modern system, but i doubt the thought has even crossed the minds of the people who run the club. As long as he serves up good numbers, he'll stay here for as long as he wants.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There's a bigger chance of another Chicxulub hitting the earth in our lifetime than this happening. United, over the years, have clung onto players who have offered much less than Bruno, who's just got a brand-new contract and he was given the armband. You, me, or anyone can discuss how well he'd fit in a more modern system, but i doubt the thought has even crossed the minds of the people who run the club. As long as he serves good numbers, he'll stay here for as long as he wants.
Had to google that. Turns out it has a pretty cool Easter egg. Would recommend googling.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Had to google that. Turns out it has a pretty cool Easter egg. Would recommend googling.
Well if another one happens EtH's position, takeover and new vs old stadium ain't gonna matter too much!

MattofManchester

He's been the standout player for the National team since the World Cup.

Happy for him. Always makes a difference.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

His output remains high. Today Martial actually finished the chance.

Giving the penalty to Rashy was a nice touch. Although, had Rashford missed I'd be fuming.

Superunknown

When he's great, he's great. When he's bad, he's frustrating. Thought he did well in the second half. Stepped it up. Bruno + Mainoo should be two out of the midfield three, with that space up for grabs.

NZT-One

I thought it was a very average performance from him. Didn't really stand out negatively but also not really positively. I thought it was a little odd, that the midfielders changed position so often, it brought Bruno away from his best areas and took Mainoo away from where he looked so comfortable and useful. Certainly not a game to slate Bruno for but I don't really think, he should be praised for it. At the end of the day, it wasn't a great game at all.

LInkash

Has good chemistry with Martial, slipping it in for the Pen and goal, hopefully he can start developing the same with Rasmus

crossy1686

career ending
How's it clearly bollocks?
How does one garner how much someone 'cares' about the team they play for? Is there a 'care' stat that Opta track? Is it based on how they celebrate? Or how much running they do? I would suggest that playing football in front of millions of people makes you care by proxy, even if you weren't fussed one bit before.

Pickle85

How does one garner how much someone 'cares' about the team they play for? Is there a 'care' stat that Opta track? Is it based on how they celebrate? Or how much running they do? I would suggest that playing football in front of millions of people makes you care by proxy, even if you weren't fussed one bit before.
Tbh, I misunderstood, I think. I took from your original post that you were arguing Bruno doesn't care, but it seems you were actually arguing that he's one of more than a few that do, which I agree with.

crossy1686

career ending
Tbh, I misunderstood, I think. I took from your original post that you were arguing Bruno doesn't care, but it seems you were actually arguing that he's one of more than a few that do, which I agree with.
Ah okay, I think he does care for sure. I think he's passionate about the fact he's the captain of United as well. I was listening to Andy Mitten talk the other day and he confirmed that everyone at the club thinks he's a good captain and he cares a great deal about the club.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

His output remains high. Today Martial actually finished the chance.

Giving the penalty to Rashy was a nice touch. Although, had Rashford missed I'd be fuming.
I didnt really see the 2nd half, but that pass completion is really surprising following his first half performance where he was diabolical.