2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

hobbers

To me it looks like it would go comfortably in. It was a great block.
Not sure how. Freeze it before it hits Lokonga. It's clearly not even going out for a goal kick. He totally shanked it.

Or at best it's a brainless cross to no one, because I'm pretty sure Rashford hadn't bothered to sprint up with him.

yorkshire red

Hi, new to this forum(although long time reader) just wanted to say I’m a little surprised at how Bruno is spoken about here, personally thought he was simply ok at the weekend if a little quieter than usual, definitely nothing worthy of all the criticism he seems to be getting, I’ve definitely never seen this level of criticism aimed at him at old Trafford or within my fellow united supporter mates, seems to be unique to this place, I joined to say I find it a real shame as Bruno more than most has given us plenty of fantastic moments since sir Alex retired and always runs himself into the ground, find it staggering how people can think he’s one of our biggest problems (although I do agree his shot near the corner at the end of the game wasn’t his best decision haha) reminded me of my own team on a Saturday afternoon !!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Watching that 1v1 again today, it looks as if it was even going wide before Lokonga’s block? Was scared to post due to ‘hate’ allegations and all that, but I just thought of it in the context of the conversation about his current finishing.

Comfortably going in.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Comfortably going in.
Was my automatic thought until I saw the replay today. The angle looks like it’s going quite wide, but that replay only shows one angle so perhaps it just looks like that from behind. It looks more like the trajectory of what would be a cross than a shot.

yorkshire red

I also think the poor performances in big games is a little over blown especially given how we as a team have performed in several of them, can remember a hat trick against Leeds (which definitely counts as a big game if you live in York like me) a crucial penalty last game of the season against Leicester to help qualify for champions league) a freekick winner against Liverpool in the fa cup , the equaliser against city last year in the premiership the equaliser from the spot against them in the fa cup plus another pen in 2021 against them ,an equaliser against arsenal in carricks brief tenure, plus a couple of goals against spurs over the years, there will be several more I imagine those are of the top of my head but given how hit and miss we are in these big games I wouldn’t say it’s a bad return for someone deemed awful in every big game,

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Was my automatic thought until I saw the replay today. The angle looks like it’s going quite wide, but that replay only shows one angle so perhaps it just looks like that from behind.
I played the video frame by frame, it looked like the ball was going exactly to the middle of the goal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I played the video frame by frame, it looked like the ball was going exactly to the middle of the goal.
Interesting, I also played it frame by frame and it looked to be going to the left of it. Nit that it matters that much of course.

El Jefe

I’m ETH out but would prefer another season of ETH than Bruno if given the choice.

EtH might change his style with no Bruno but as long as Bruno is in the team especially as a CAM our play will remain the same.

The ill advised flicks, dummies, first time launches and one man hero pressing will always be part of his game. The things he lacks in his game are just too important for him to be such a vital part of this team.

Arsenal moved on from Aubameyang, Lacazette and Ozil when it was clear they’d taken them as far as they could. I don’t get why we’re so scared to do the same with Bruno and Rashford here.

lex talionis

I’d like to see Bruno put in at least one disciplined performance. Brilliant at peak, but disruptive of any kind of chemistry when the inevitable miscue happens.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I’d like to see Bruno put in at least one disciplined performance.
He's had several games just in the last 2-3 months where he's had close to 90% pass accuracy, defended well and hardly got dispossessed. He also created some chances in these games and even got a few assists I think?

It's primarily his poor finishing that has been an issue. Add another 4-5 goals to his tally and he's by far our best player this season all things considered.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d like to see Bruno put in at least one disciplined performance. Brilliant at peak, but disruptive of any kind of chemistry when the inevitable miscue happens.
I think he is capable of more disciplined performances. The question is, how good is a ‘disciplined’ Bruno? A Bruno who plays deeper and is more measured in his on the ball actions simply doesn’t play towards the strengths of Bruno. If that is the player you want, then you can find several players to do it better.

This is why he just needs to be removed from the team. For years I’ve read that ‘the new manager just needs to get him to reign it in a bit and he’ll be fine’, but do you really want a reigned in Bruno? Is that player a top player? His most mitigating qualities are linked to his adventurous side. With a player like Scholes, for example, he was able to simply drop further back and still be a top class player - because he wasn’t an average player who was just good at shooting from the edge of the box in the first place. Bernardo Silva has been dropped back from an orthodox 10 to an 8 because he has the actual qualities to be a world class 8. I don’t see that with Bruno.

LInkash

He was absolutely incredible for the first couple of years and he still does it for Portugal so I hope it's just a matter of getting the best of out of him.

Teja

I think it's somewhat down to the coaching too. KdB for Belgium and KdB for City are two totally different players. He almost reminds me of Bruno hero-ball when he plays for Belgium but for City he dials it back quite a bit and seems to make the perfect decision every time.

I think if the entire creative burden of the team doesn't rest on him and we had more control of games so he doesn't drop deep quite as much, he'd be a much better player for us. Get a Rodri type DM in and get the attack sorted and he'll probably be less erratic.

He's the least of our problems for me.

LInkash

I think it's somewhat down to the coaching too. KdB for Belgium and KdB for City are two totally different players. He almost reminds me of Bruno hero-ball when he plays for Belgium but for City he dials it back quite a bit and seems to make the perfect decision every time.

I think if the entire creative burden of the team doesn't rest on him and we had more control of games so he doesn't drop deep quite as much, he'd be a much better player for us. Get a Rodri type DM in and get the attack sorted and he'll probably be less erratic.

He's the least of our problems for me.
I think that's true, KDB is given the perfect platform to perform on, for 115 different reasons. With Belgium, he hasn't shown anywhere near the same level of performance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's had several games just in the last 2-3 months where he's had close to 90% pass accuracy, defended well and hardly got dispossessed. He also created some chances in these games and even got a few assists I think?

It's primarily his poor finishing that has been an issue. Add another 4-5 goals to his tally and he's by far our best player this season all things considered.
So what you’re saying is that if he increased his output for goals by almost 200% he’d have been our best player this season? Ok.

I’m mean it’s you….you’ve already named him player of the season in another thread anyway…but even if he’d scored 200% more goals than he has I couldn’t make an argument for his performances being better than Maguire, Evans, Shaw, Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund and this is in a season where we’ve had multiple players injured regularly and struggled as a result.

The only metric where Bruno could objectively be considered as praise worthy this season is availability. He’s been available to his credit and that’s a great thing given the amount of major injuries. But that’s it.

The Substitute

I would really want us to cash in on Bruno in the summer. The ones saying he is just lacking goal stats to be our best player this season is just trying to kneejerk favoritism into the discussion.
I dont care if he has zero goal scoring contributions, he is "not a 10, not an 8", so what on earth is he? What i know is that we have been absolutely abysmal as a team in attack, and he is supposed to be our "make things happen" guy.

If you combine that with individual shitshow performances, why should we keep him? Has he been even close to MoM for a single game this campaign, our captain?

I dont understand fans wants to revolutionize United, but we're supposed to keep Bruno and Rashford cause they pull off a worldie every 6 months, on the cost of ensuring the team stays completely dysfunctional.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Hi, new to this forum(although long time reader) just wanted to say I’m a little surprised at how Bruno is spoken about here, personally thought he was simply ok at the weekend if a little quieter than usual, definitely nothing worthy of all the criticism he seems to be getting, I’ve definitely never seen this level of criticism aimed at him at old Trafford or within my fellow united supporter mates, seems to be unique to this place, I joined to say I find it a real shame as Bruno more than most has given us plenty of fantastic moments since sir Alex retired and always runs himself into the ground, find it staggering how people can think he’s one of our biggest problems (although I do agree his shot near the corner at the end of the game wasn’t his best decision haha) reminded me of my own team on a Saturday afternoon !!!
I had the same impression when I first started viewing his performance thread a couple of years ago and was surprised to see it wasn't just after the odd game but was consistent week after week. The over the top criticism he gets on here definitely seems unique to the caf and is in stark contrast to the reception he gets from matchgoing Reds.
I also think the poor performances in big games is a little over blown especially given how we as a team have performed in several of them, can remember a hat trick against Leeds (which definitely counts as a big game if you live in York like me) a crucial penalty last game of the season against Leicester to help qualify for champions league) a freekick winner against Liverpool in the fa cup , the equaliser against city last year in the premiership the equaliser from the spot against them in the fa cup plus another pen in 2021 against them ,an equaliser against arsenal in carricks brief tenure, plus a couple of goals against spurs over the years, there will be several more I imagine those are of the top of my head but given how hit and miss we are in these big games I wouldn’t say it’s a bad return for someone deemed awful in every big game,
Welcome to the caf, by the way! Coincidentally, I'm also someone who grew up in York so I was over the moon when he scored that hat trick vs Leeds. We had it tough showing our faces in public after that FA Cup loss in 2010 - I got it in the neck from a bunch of Leeds fans I knew back then, so it's been a relief watching us pagger them every time we've played them since!

Man Utd 1:2 Fulham

Based Adnan

Lost his head when there was a chance of a late winner for us. Wanted to be the hero.

I can't wait for the day we move away from his hoof and inshallah football.

Kammy26

His kick and rush football is so annoying. This guy needs to be replaced asap. We cannot build a team around him unless we want to play like a relagation team. He has zero composure on the ball.

Atheist

The number of times he gives away the ball leading to an opposition chance is ridiculous.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lost his head when their was a chance of a late winner for us. Wanted to be the hero.

I can't wait for the day we move away from his hoof and inshallah football.
Him playing hero ball is nothing new.

What I can't abide anymore is his now signature blind sweeping pass from the centre of the pitch over the top in the vain hope a winger will win a race. An intelligent creator runs into the space drawing players out of position, creating panic and letting players make runs. This clown just L1 + triangles it every time.

Danny

Should have slipped Amad in at 1-1 for a clear chance rather than stupidly hitting a long range effort when he was clearly injured/shattered. Those are the key moments in games like this and he just seems to panic.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I cannot stand this guy. 30 years old and has won nothing in his career but he's trying to be the hero

hobbers

I cannot stand this guy. 30 years old and has won nothing in his career but he's trying to be the hero
Not true. He's won the 'most chances created without getting many assists across a season' award multiple times.

NZT-One

He wasn't worse than the rest of this shit show today but man, he is impervious to subbing... I know there weren't many options on our bench but sometimes the manager should just get somebody out of the misery

SB16

The whole Fulham attacking move for the winner starts because he plays a crap pass out to Lindelof when a half decent player would have done better. He's been so poor this season it's unbelievable.

Strats

The whole Fulham attacking move for the winner starts because he plays a crap pass out to Lindelof when a half decent player would have done better. He's been so poor this season it's unbelievable.
Could have lost us a point against Luton as well brainlessly kicking the ball to the keeper in the last minute starting a counter to them.

He's too far up his own arse. Get rid.

Red_toad

Awful performance by him today, few decent shots, but gave the ball away cheaply so often. Needs a rest, but isn't going to happen.