2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alpha 1

Mr Hollywood balls. He has always been like that. The stats used to paper over his errors but now that they've dried up, it's become glaringly obvious that he isn't all that. Has always been overrated by many of our fans.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Must say im finding the "hes in bad form" comments hilarious. This is how he always plays. If one of his 700 through balls today worked out and he got an assist, people would be banging on about how he is carrying the team.

Anyone else reminded of Gerrard? Constant hero ball, teammates blamed for lack of trophies etc
Yeap. I've mentioned this. Does my head in. I spent years laughing at how much Gerrard's hero ball was being a detriment to Liverpool but now I have to live through it with Bruno. At least Gerrard was an academy player. That bit is covered by Rashford.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I understand the frustration with Bruno's form lately - and he was poor today, but what ever happened to loyalty? People saying he should be sold quickly forget that he had 29 goal contributions last season and was massive for us getting top 4 and a trophy. In my book, he has been excellent for us for long enough to have earned some patience.
He's 29. We're not winning anything major for the next 3-4 years at least. Best thing to do will be to thank him for his contributions and move on.

Ekeke

I think overall he had a decent game because of the period in the 2nd half where he kept shooting and testing the keeper, which included to the rebound to Maguire for the goal. But like usual it was a frustrating watch a lot of the time where he's careless.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Should never have been given the captaincy, seriously we must sell 3 from these 4 this summer ; Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Varane(Will go on a free) so 2 from the other 3 need to go at least.
It’s pretty clear all the players are currently having to operate without being coached in a sustainable framework for controlling and winning football managers. I was annoyed with Bruno’s desperation, as much as I was annoyed by Dalot’s sheer inability to make any pass second half, but it is pointless blaming players at this stage. The buck stops with the head coach to get the team performing with a set style of play. Once we are doing that players can be actually judged against something.

soapythecat

He needs moving on because he’s not been good enough all season in a position that needs to do a lot better. Two years left on his contract after this season and normally, a important player would be having contract talks soon. I don’t see him getting another contract so maybe some clubs come sniffing for him this summer - that would be ideal. Another big earner and under performer that we need to move on. He’s an annoying fecker too - moaning all the time.

led_scholes

I think we should move on from Bruno as he is suited to a fast counter attacking play only. But can't fault his effort.

Woodywizz

Heart of a dormouse. So sick of his constant bitching and lack of end product.

Idxomer

I understand the frustration with Bruno's form lately - and he was poor today, but what ever happened to loyalty? People saying he should be sold quickly forget that he had 29 goal contributions last season and was massive for us getting top 4 and a trophy. In my book, he has been excellent for us for long enough to have earned some patience.
Alexis Sanchez once had something like 50 goal contributions only to be finished at PL level a few months later. Bruno has only one thing, and that is numbers which are decent, but not exceptional. Yesterday, he lost the ball 28 times, he doesn't understand what a system means and runs after the ball aimlessly most of the time. His biggest problem though is that he doesn't have the tools to play much differently from what we see now.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Get rid. No composure on the ball whatsoever and no efforts being put to address any of that.

LordSpud

Taken me a long time to realise but he's just not good enough. Him and Rashford need to go. That's a good 100m+

InfiniteBoredom

Get rid. No composure on the ball whatsoever and no efforts being put to address any of that.
He gave an interview roughly a few months into his career here saying that he wouldn’t change how he act on the ball.

It’s not a matter of efforts, it’s mindset. He sees nothing wrong with how he approaches the game. We should’ve listened to our scouts, same situation with Antony.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He gave an interview roughly a few months into his career here saying that he wouldn’t change how he act on the ball.

It’s not a matter of efforts, it’s mindset. He sees nothing wrong with how he approaches the game. We should’ve listened to our scouts, same situation with Antony.
Yes, i think that's the case too. Both the player and the manager is happy with this.

Unbelievable

Gordon Godot

Yes, i think that's the case too. Both the player and the manager is happy with this.

Unbelievable
He suited Ollie ball, he is too chaotic for a team that wants more control of the ball. Still think we were crazy not to get Maddison instead of Mount, he can play deeper or replace Bruno, or given ETH current wierd set up you can play both of them.

Adamsk7

He was absolutely world class for 6 months and when we think of him, that’s what we think of - the guy that saved our season that one time. Since then he has always looked like a square peg in a round hole. We have far too many square pegs

Woziak

It’s pretty clear all the players are currently having to operate without being coached in a sustainable framework for controlling and winning football managers. I was annoyed with Bruno’s desperation, as much as I was annoyed by Dalot’s sheer inability to make any pass second half, but it is pointless blaming players at this stage. The buck stops with the head coach to get the team performing with a set style of play. Once we are doing that players can be actually judged against something.
We still need 11 or 12 players out this summer minimum

statpadder

Compare what Giggs did by passing the ball to Owen in the 97th minute with what Bruno did yesterday by shooting instead of getting Amad in with a simple disguised pass.

Paul778

We still need 11 or 12 players out this summer minimum
It's not just the players ability - it's their role and position both in and out of possession.

ETH has been stubborn about his playing style which leaves us massively open at the back without having a discernable increased goal threat. His system is completely flawed and will never work in the EPL even if he had three more transfer windows.

I'm sure INEOS can see this. The only reason he's still here is they haven't decided on his replacement.

midou

This is the only playstyle with Bruno calling the shots on the field - chaotic, high risk and forced football. Constantly loosing possession on both easy and difficult passes and occasional world class assist/shot.

Woziak

If this is true why was ETH home form last season the best and equal to Sir Alex record and last PL wining side of 2012/13
ETH got 48 points at home last season +26 Home GD , yes ETH is 75% to blame for the massive decline after spending another £180m but clearly Varane, Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford have all declined in their ability to make the team a wining team ?

We can’t get rid of all of them but I expect two of these players to go and one of those two should be Bruno or Rashford!

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has declined massively, slowly but steadily.
His decision making is poor, he makes a lot of mistakes, his shooting which once was very good has turned into shite.
But...we do not have anyone better in that position so we are stuck with him, unless we want to see Eriksen or Mount there.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He is the main reason we can't keep the ball for more than 5 seconds, and the team is chaotic. Sometimes his things work out, but more often than not, he just keeps giving the ball away.

His decision making has become awful. I hope INEOS have a plan for a big overhaul this summer. We're in trouble, as he's been awful and he's like 6th on the list of needing to be moved on.

Woziak

It's not just the players ability - it's their role and position both in and out of possession.

ETH has been stubborn about his playing style which leaves us massively open at the back without having a discernable increased goal threat. His system is completely flawed and will never work in the EPL even if he had three more transfer windows.

I'm sure INEOS can see this. The only reason he's still here is they haven't decided on his replacement.
He went from 4231 to 4141 or 4123 and 75 points and two cup finals to the season being over by Match 2024.

His coaching doesn’t suit the players we have, he needs high intensity young players that hang on his every word, our players don’t believe in his tactics at all. The pitch at old Trafford is to wide and to long to play a 4-1-2-3 which is even more difficult to coach than a 4-1-4-1 which is what LVG had limited success with but he had multiple options with energy to play this and still the formation killed Morgan Schnederlain career who had the ability to get run the pitch, he also had Herrera, Schweinsteiger and Blind who could all play as the pivot but most time Blind would play at Left Back and go inside to be inverted, we ran Daley Blind out of the club and he’s been a fantastic player, even now being the main man at Girona. Should never have got rid of Blind or Herrera, LVG had a style his team wasn’t a million miles away in the first season, second season he won the FA Cup then got sacked cause he came Fifth.

Any fan or punter can see United’s problem with no Martinez who controls the defensive line and has an excellent partnership with Varane, the defence pushes up 20 yards and Casemiro steps in as the third CB with Full backs pushing on.

Last season AWB pace and ability to cover round plus him and Dalot being more effective in attacking positions and Luke shaw playing out of his skin as left back, LCB, inverted FB and left wing back our defence looked one of the best around this allowed Bruno/Eriksen/Sabitzer and Fred/Mctominay to be higher up the pitch and create more with Weghorst doing all the donkey work for the flair players, team balance was not perfect but better than most.

This season he’s unsettled the harmony of the squad in the wrong way.

arthurka

He has played all the football and seems to be doomed to play the rest of the football for years to come. ETH needs to start realize that this guy needs a break once in a while. Didn't we sign a guy that was supposed to be available to play his position? But we need a reset and Bruno should be in the list out next summer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If this is true why was ETH home form last season the best and equal to Sir Alex record and last PL wining side of 2012/13
ETH got 48 points at home last season +26 Home GD , yes ETH is 75% to blame for the massive decline after spending another £180m but clearly Varane, Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford have all declined in their ability to make the team a wining team ?

We can’t get rid of all of them but I expect two of these players to go and one of those two should be Bruno or Rashford!
Is there not a slight flaw in your logic, when defending ETH, pointing to positive results in 2022/23, but then scapegoating the two players most responsible for delivering those results?

ThanksBoss26

I think we should move on from Bruno as he is suited to a fast counter attacking play only. But can't fault his effort.
Yep I feel he cares. That should be a given but I wonder how many of our lot over the past few years can actually say that. When the interest first came out from Saudi in Jan, it's the first time I've seriously thought about if we should move him on come summer and I think (amongst many others) we should for the right offer.

Pughnichi

Never warmed to him. Right from the start there was a petulance about him. But that first 6 months was pretty impressive with plenty of goal contributions. He has however always been wasteful in possession and whilst I didn’t think it initially as too much of a problem, he’s now not even contributing to goals. What we’re left with is a petulant player (captain even) who concedes possession regularly and as an attacker provides very little. Over the years he’s been here I’ve shifted to the opinion that we will never compete with him and some of his, quite frankly, abysmal decision making.

he actually reminds me of Alan smith. Can’t deny the effort. Wears his heart on his sleeve, but ultimately, just not quite good enough

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Never warmed to him. Right from the start there was a petulance about him. But that first 6 months was pretty impressive with plenty of goal contributions. He has however always been wasteful in possession and whilst I didn’t think it initially as too much of a problem, he’s now not even contributing to goals. What we’re left with is a petulant player (captain even) who concedes possession regularly and as an attacker provides very little. Over the years he’s been here I’ve shifted to the opinion that we will never compete with him and some of his, quite frankly, abysmal decision making.

he actually reminds me of Alan smith. Can’t deny the effort. Wears his heart on his sleeve, but ultimately, just not quite good enough
Alam Smith was at least tough not like this wimp.

Woziak

Is there not a slight flaw in your logic, when defending ETH, pointing to positive results in 2022/23, but then scapegoating the two players most responsible for delivering those results?
Your clearing missing my point I’m not defending ETH quite the opposite, I want to know as many fans do how you can spend £180m in the summer and the team go backwards by such a considerable margin?

Those two players have both stunk the place out this season whilst picking up £600k per week, why ?

What’s happened on the training field, what formation and team formation been tinkered with has had this effect or are these players in decline and must be moved on ?

ETH needs to go he’s lost 15 games this season bought Amrabat in to shore up the midfield, how’s that worked out ?

Trying to play a 4-14-1 or more likely 4-1-2-3 in the PL where you just have a quick CB that defends a high line and the wide areas was almost impossible with LVG team and he had Smalling who was fior all his faults 2 yards quicker than any CB we currently have. Old Trafford is one of the largest pitches in the PL and therefore offer huge wide areas to counter attack and attack a team that goes into a suicide 3-1-6 when in possession, when AWB plays you don’t see the deficiency so much because of his pace and one on one defending. for the record LVG tried this at Leicester in PL in his first season went 3-1 and lost 5-3 , he soon realised you can’t play that way in the PL

Playing so narrow at United is a huge issue and the reason we’ve been battered by Fulham, Palace, Galatasaray, Brighton, Bournemouth this season, last year with a more compact 4231 and Fred being undervalued we beat Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and City.

For his stubbornness alone, he should be sacked , thus is on the coach bit while we are sacking the coach we might as well have a clear out of players on big wages that can’t be relied on season after season?

Telsim

I have no doubt he is chill outside of football, always runs like mad and doesn't stop trying, and has probably the most impressive injury record I've seen. He's been a servant of the club, even if we didn't win much with him.

But he is one of four people that need moving on as an absolute priority in the summer, if this club is actually looking to progress and move on to a different future. He is just too erratic and his profile doesn't fit any kind of system that looks to control games. His constant attempts at Hollywood passes are infuriating. He is also too slow and lacks the physicality to engage in contests of speed and strength in the midfield. Which is often the case these days. And he doesn't have the technicality to compensate for that.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Think we need to move him on next season. His numbers have dropped and you cant have a dysfunctional player in team if they are not contributing insanely which Bruno was doing.

Plus him being a captain is not helping with him acting like a bellend all the time.

Point is people will tolerate as long as performance match up, and right now ( for some time now) its not. If we are a serious football club, then we will do what is necessary here. Will see how his position is handled next season, and then we will know if the new management means what they are saying or its the same thing with different faces

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What time are his staunch defenders turning up to call everyone flat earthers?
Waiting for Statman David to collate up his chance creation stats on a tweet or a graph to prop him up with Pascal Gross and Kieran Trippier — the behemoths of creative football