View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lsd

The Oracle
I used to think Keane just didn't like Bruno and was to harsh on him but watching him more closely in games he's spot on.

Yes he tries hard is a good player and scores his fair share of goals but his positioning over 90 minutes is terrible.

You can't have someone running all over the pitch onto other players positions as much as he does without losing the balance of the team.

He needs to settle more and concentrate on his game and show his team mates to do theirs.

We would look far better if he did that and stopped trying to be everywhere.

always_hoping

All-time leading scorer from penalties for United now with 29. Good all round game from him today his first for a while.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Felt he had a good game today.

Thought I'd check out his stats to see how it compares to the eye test and they're good, hopefully he's coming into a bit of form now.

5 shots, 3 on target
5 key passes
86.3% pass accuracy
44 out of 51 passes completed today, so naturally we'll see limited activity on this thread for a little while.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Nine assists so far this season. If he can get 7 more assists in our remaining 11 games then he will be in the top 10 for most ever PL assists in a season. Which would be absolutely fecking hilarious considering how poor the players he's creating for have been playing for most of this season and the abuse he's been getting in this thread.

A bit of a long shot though, admittedly...
So if Bruno can increase his assists output for the past 28 games by 140% in the remaining 10 games he will have done well. If he can get more assists in the next ten games than he got in the entire of last season or the entire of the season before that, he’s done well. If his aunty had bollocks.

Funny though that Garnacho and Hojlund are to blame. Right.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Remember when Pogba had like 5 in the first 3 games and still didn't make this list.
Was that the season Pogba started only 14 more games and registered 4 more assists? 9 in total from 16 starts. 1 more in total than Bruno has managed in 37 and 36 games the last two seasons.

The same season Bruno scored 4 on opening day and managed only 6 more in the remaining 35 games and only a measly 6 assists also?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

So if Bruno can increase his assists output for the past 28 games by 140% in the remaining 10 games he will have done well. If he can get more assists in the next ten games than he got in the entire of last season or the entire of the season before that, he’s done well. If his aunty had bollocks.

Funny though that Garnacho and Hojlund are to blame. Right.
Calm down sunshine. Nobody is blaming Garnacho and Hojlund for our low goal tally this season (although it is common knowledge that Hojlund started slowly in the PL this season). We've needed our more experienced attackers like Rashford and Antony to contribute with more goals and they haven't, despite Bruno creating plenty of chances for them.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
44 out of 51 passes completed today, so naturally we'll see limited activity on this thread for a little while.
So people criticise when he doesn’t have a good game?

He had a decent game. Nothing special to lavish praises. When he does that, surely people will do that too. There is no conspiracy against him.

lsd

The Oracle
Calm down sunshine. Nobody is blaming Garnacho and Hojlund for our low goal tally this season (although it is common knowledge that Hojlund started slowly in the PL this season). We've needed our more experienced attackers like Rashford and Antony to contribute with more goals and they haven't, despite Bruno creating plenty of chances for them.

Common knowledge Hojlund wasn't getting any service

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s played more controlled the last few games. It’s not great. But it’s better and good to see.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: Calm down sunshine…Epic opening line!

Here’s what the poster said

fecking hilarious considering how poor the players he's creating for have been playing for most of this season

Robbie Boy

He had a decent game. Nothing special to lavish praises. When he does that, surely people will do that too. There is no conspiracy against him.
Yeah, I mean, I thought he was average. Nothing much to comment on.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Common knowledge Hojlund wasn't getting any service
He was hardly feeding off scraps every game. We saw him miss quite a few chances that he should've buried.

I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy against him. I'm merely pointing out that some of the frequent posters on this thread are quick to point the finger at him for minor things (arm waving, a misplaced pass etc) but are reluctant to praise him when he's had a good game.

NZT-One

He was hardly feeding off scraps every game. We saw him miss quite a few chances that he should've buried.

I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy against him. I'm merely pointing out that some of the frequent posters on this thread are quick to point the finger at him for minor things (arm waving, a misplaced pass etc) but are reluctant to praise him when he's had a good game.
So you? I mean, you have the 6th highest post count on here.

I also don't know what constitutes a good game for you. His pen was good, his freekick was fine but saved. Apart from that, did he do much more than McNeil?
He was left in the dust today at least twice by McNeil and once by their CB pushing up. If there wasn't such a high chance, that he has some form issues at the moment, I'd say he is in serious decline physically. Might as well be a toll from his millionth games without a break.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

So you? I mean, you have the 6th highest post count on here.
I said "some of the frequent posters on here", not "all of the top 10 posters on here". Hardly the 'gotcha' moment that you think it is.

I also don't know what constitutes a good game for you. His pen was good, his freekick was fine but saved. Apart from that, did he do much more than McNeil?
He was left in the dust today at least twice by McNeil and once by their CB pushing up. If there wasn't such a high chance, that he has some form issues at the moment, I'd say he is in serious decline physically. Might as well be a toll from his millionth games without a break.
He created two or three very good openings for our attackers - that lofted ball for Rashford was perfectly weighted and he really should've scored from it. He also had that high pass completion percentage that the usual suspects on here frequently bang on about. Apparently if we replaced Bruno with a midfielder who was capable of getting 80-90% pass completion then we would have more control over games, but all that today's game showed was that there are more significant reasons as to why we don't control games.

Lyng

One of the main reasons for Højlunds issues is Bruno refusing to give him any service

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

One of the main reasons for Højlunds issues is Bruno refusing to give him any service
He's had 9 assists so far this season. Let's not pretend that he's creating chances for his mate Rashford but refusing to provide any service to his centre forward.

I've got no issues with Hojlund by the way. He's already one my favourite strikers we've signed over the last 20 years. I think he snatched at a few of his chances when he first arrived, which is to be expected of any 20 year old during their first few months in the PL.

NZT-One

I said "some of the frequent posters on here", not "all of the top 10 posters on here". Hardly the 'gotcha' moment that you think it is.
Not out here for a gotcha moment really. I just find it a little odd, when you point out the limited activity after an uneventful game. I would see your point, when he really stood out today, but he didn't really. Obviously that is subjective to a degree but I guess, the activity level on here at least indicates that the majority of people thought he was alright but nothing worth pointing out.

And thats not me being dismissive. He was alright. His pen was good, he had this freekick and he put an attacker through once or twice against an Everton team who pushed up. But it was hardly an inspiring game from the whole team. Understat had us 2.9 xG or something against Evertons 1.8. Ours includes two penalties that are worth 0.75 each, which means we didn't create all that much from open play. We did the job and especially in 2nd half, we really showed a good level of being sovereign and in control.

He created two or three very good openings for our attackers - that lofted ball for Rashford was perfectly weighted and he really should've scored from it. He also had that high pass completion percentage that the usual suspects on here frequently bang on about. Apparently if we replaced Bruno with a midfielder who was capable of getting 80-90% pass completion then we would have more control over games, but all that today's game showed was that there are more significant reasons as to why we don't control games.
I think, you are misinterpreting the main issue that people have. People aren't crying out for somebody with 90% pass completion. The pass completion is just one stat that often highlights the issue many people have with Bruno which is being too careless with the ball. He certainly didn't show that level of carelessness today and I think in the last match but on the same hand, he didn't really offer that much due to that. I am fine with that, personally - pretty sure he wouldn't have as many critics if he played like that most of the time. Pretty sure, people who want him replaced would also be fine having somebody with less key passes and a comparable pass completion rate as long as the new guy is more aware of when to get risky and when not and the new guy is a little more secure on the ball.

Lyng

He's had 9 assists so far this season. Let's not pretend that he's creating chances for his mate Rashford but refusing to provide any service to his centre forward.

I've got no issues with Hojlund by the way. He's already one my favourite strikers we've signed over the last 20 years. I think he snatched at a few of his chances when he first arrived, which is to be expected of any 20 year old during their first few months in the PL.
No pretending needed. The stats show it.
Can't say why it happened but it did. My personal guess is a lack of belief in Højlunds ability to convert so I am sure we will see more service from Bruno to Rasmus in the future.

Irwin99

Good performance. On course to get into double figures for goals AND assists again. You can debate his style of play and whether he'd fit into a more possession based team but you can't argue against the numbers he's made since joining United.

The Impossible Team

more aware of when to get risky and when not
This... simple as that!!

Today there were a number of times when he's received the ball with United breaking forward under no real pressure and he chose to take a very safe option instead of a relatively low risk forward pass to free team mate, that you would expect from one of your, if not, most creative players.

Other times he did a good impression of Scott as an AM. Btw I felt Scott did a good impression of himself today, as an attacking mid. No quality or composure from the both of them going forward on several occasions!:(

Would love to see Amad given a chance, in Bruno's role. But Ten Hag does seem very reluctant to play the lad for some unknown reason.:annoyed:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This... simple as that!!

Today there were a number of times when he's received the ball with United breaking forward under no real pressure and he chose to take a very safe option instead of a relatively low risk forward pass to free team mate, that you would expect from one of your, if not, most creative players.

Other times he did a good impression of Scott as an AM. Btw I felt Scott did a good impression of himself today, as an attacking mid. No quality or composure from the both of them going forward on several occasions!:(

Would love to see Amad given a chance, in Bruno's role. But Ten Hag does seem very reluctant to play the lad for some unknown reason.:annoyed:
What? :lol: when has Mctominay ever had a game where he's completed 44 out of 51 attempted passes? We're lucky if we get 44 touches out of Mctominay in 90 minutes!

Sea-Cow

I am surprised by the positive comments
This... simple as that!!

I am surprised by the positive comments for Bruno today. He is the fecking captain and towards the end of the first half he gave one of the laziest, half drunk passes in the general direction of Casemiro IN OUR OWN BOX!!! It was so incredibly stupid, and I really wish someone would have screamed at him Rooney to Nani style.

Just completely brainless. The whole first half we gave the ball away like a youth team and were under pressure from a poor Sean Dyche side at home, and the captain is out leading by example with horrendous passes in our own box, just begging Everton to get one back before the break. He is infuriating.

dan1509

I must have watched a different game as I thought he was less crap than usual...but still crap.

TsuWave

Just read that Odegaard could misplace 150 passes and still have higher pass accuracy than Bruno this season

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Good performance. On course to get into double figures for goals AND assists again. You can debate his style of play and whether he'd fit into a more possession based team but you can't argue against the numbers he's made since joining United.
Do you think his numbers are good this season or indeed over the last three?

In the premier league this season he’s averaging a non penalty goal every 1215 minutes and an assist every 405 minutes.

If you take penalties to one side, since only one player gets the opportunity to score them, his overall record for goals and assists in the premier league isn’t that impressive at all for the position he’s played and his pass completion.

He averages a non pen goal every 424 mins and assist every 346. Or G/A every 190 mins.

When you consider his first six months it’s been quite badly downhill from there…But chances created!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Nah I like Bruno but this is a poor defence. He should have been creating far more and better chances for Hojland. What chances should he have buried btw. Statistically he’s been one of the most lethal players in the league this season.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Nah I like Bruno but this is a poor defence. He should have been creating far more and better chances for Hojland. What chances should he have buried btw. Statistically he’s been one of the most lethal players in the league this season.
Off the top of my head, that 1v1 chance in the first half vs Palace, that 1v1 in the first half vs City where his touch was too heavy, and that 1v1 at Anfield that he hit straight at Alisson.

Before people jump on my case - I can't remember who assisted any of those missed chances. Perhaps the stats show that Bruno created nothing for Hojlund. I'd just be very surprised if that was the case considering he tops the charts for chances created in the PL.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Off the top of my head, that 1v1 chance in the first half vs Palace, that 1v1 in the first half vs City where his touch was too heavy, and that 1v1 at Anfield that he hit straight at Alisson.

Before people jump on my case - I can't remember who assisted any of those missed chances. Perhaps the stats show that Bruno created nothing for Hojlund. I'd just be very surprised if that was the case considering he tops the charts for chances created in the PL.
I personally don’t think any of those were clear chances and were being overanalysed because of his goal record at the time. If your striker is getting 3 chances in half a season that points to systemic issues anyway. Bruno has struggled to find him all season. It’s been surprising to be honest because Bruno loves direct runs and Hojland provides them.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Just read that Odegaard could misplace 150 passes and still have higher pass accuracy than Bruno this season
That seems like a bit of a pointless stat. Ødegaard plays a different role and position, for a team that has outperformed us in probably every positive metric there is. It's an unfair comparison by nature.

I remember a Swansea CM in the PL 10-15 years ago who had 98% pass accuracy or something crazy like that. He could also probably have misplaced 150 passes and still done better than Ødegaard. And he played for a much shittier team and had a role closer to Ødegaard's. And now I can't even remember his name. That's the problem with these possession stats.

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guy isn’t appreciated enough. His best season for us beats the likes of Son, Manes, hazards and others and that’s in a poor United team.

hobbers

This guy isn’t appreciated enough. His best season for us beats the likes of Son, Manes, hazards and others and that’s in a poor United team.
You sure about that?

His best league season for us was his first full season - 18 goals 11 assists. He's not got anywhere close to that since. His goal+assist output has been half of that in the subsequent 2 seasons and same ballpark in this one.

Son's best season is 23 goals 9 assists. And he hits impressive numbers in 4-5 other seasons.

Hazard's best season was 16 goals 15 assists. Other seasons include 16-5, 14-10, 14-9, 9-14.

Mane's best 18 goals 9 assists. But he also consistently hit good numbers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That seems like a bit of a pointless stat. Ødegaard plays a different role and position, for a team that has outperformed us in probably every positive metric there is. It's an unfair comparison by nature.

I remember a Swansea CM in the PL 10-15 years ago who had 98% pass accuracy or something crazy like that. He could also probably have misplaced 150 passes and still done better than Ødegaard. And he played for a much shittier team and had a role closer to Ødegaard's. And now I can't even remember his name. That's the problem with these possession stats.
Joe Allen that moved to Liverpool?

Last edited: